THEgimp

I talked to Wilson in passing yesterday, he was already planning to go either 145 or 152. I'm sure he didn't know about the Murton news since it wasn't on here yet. Considering he's a stocky kid from the lifting he's done, his weight was almost up to 160 at one point in the offseason i was told, i'd say he's dodging no one by moving up. Aylor would probably be in the same boat, he jumped from 125 to 140 in 1 year and would likely move up again too.

Thuneman was having a hard time with his weight last year at 125, so him going 135 is reasonable. Don't know if he'd stay there if Murton goes there.

It will be interesting to see where people are wrestling the first weeks of the season. After all, this has been everyone's conjecture ... no one really has any idea where these guys will end up.

If it is true then I would obviously say Murton would beat Courtney, although I would like to see the match. If it happens at all it would be at the WCI right, not including state?

I don't think Banks will be able to beat Courtney, although I will agree that he is stronger and more developed. Courtney just finds ways to win, when he gets on top it'll be over.

I think it would be a good match between these two. Banks is starting to become a "mature" (both menatlly and physically) wrestler which has always been one of his downfalls much like Courtneys. Both of these kids were thrown to the wolves with high expecatations placed on both of them at very young ages and they have more than held their own. Banks may very well pass Carr's record for most victories when he graduates only to hand it over to Courtney a couple of years after he gets it. Great story for two really good wrestlers.

JoJo's record has been beaten by at least two kids now. The first was a New York wrestler and the last one is a kid from South Dakota (I think, cause I just saw this in USA Wrestling Mag) who has blown everyone away. Banks needs about 50 wins in each of his last two seasons to break JoJo's record and I don't know if the schedule is condusive to being able to pull that off or not. He has been wrestling varsity since seventh grade and he was actually the main subject of the rules change that allowed middle schoolers to wrestle at the varsity level. That was a very sore spot for some folks when it all took place because of Banks wrestling both middle school and varsity. I think that those tensions have eased up a lot now and most people realize that if you can do both, more power to you since I don' here it discussed as much but I do see kids doing both.