Sign in to follow this  
anonomowrestling11

Dream matches? any weight

Brock Ervin wasnt a member of this years Kentucky wrestling roster lol

Keegan Duncan vs. Logan Erdman would be a good one

Nice , that would be a good one. I say Zane brown vs Brock ervin 132

Ervin wins,but brown makes it a good one.

Your dreaming !!

I like the Frankrone Austin 197 matchup

Yeah who knows... the way Frankrone is wrestling its a possibility we could see this matchup on the college level. Although Mr.Myers has been pretty adamant that Austin will be going HWT in college.

• Upvote 1

Your dreaming !!

Ervin wins by major or tech

What are we talking here, Zane as an 8th grader (120) vs Caleb as an 8th Grader (106)? Not a fair comparison to make. If you want to compare them at 120 then there is a sparse age difference. I dont understand you guys completely dismissing Zane. Lets be serious though no disrespect towards the placers at 106 this year but if Zane Brown was 106 this year I believe he would have won. Its an apples and oranges comparison but I feel Zane would beat Saul handily. And the way Zane wrestles (Nationally) lets not rule out the idea that Zane can have a better overall career than Caleb (which remains to be fulfilled also).

Either way im proud of our state that we are even able to have this conversation.

I believe it was Brock in question not Caleb. I do not believe Zane is on the level of Brock but he is an extremely gifted wrestler and we'll be one of the legends I'm sure.

I think coach Henson is open to change if he sees need but he has been pretty adamant .Austin has had a nice run beating some legends in the sport from year one Robinson and Miller from Indiana even their 220 champ this yr lost to him last yr at Nat duals , so many each yr even this yr last week he beat a 3 X state champ 2 X new England champ with over 220 H S wins handily and that wasn't his biggest win all his wins over the yrs at 220 even his fresh and soph yrs when he was small for the weight all his wins in Ohio and wherever .

Surprised people would compare him or question him kind of sad and more so kind dumb, Frankrone is a great 182 he is far removed from Austins size and that's all I will say because I like that boy a ton and he will carve out his own piece of history .Like Brock has Like Austin has and is doing and did in a big way this week and the last month .It is to bad there is no 225 class or 250 or something in between 197 and hvy but that's how it is on the Olympic or world side their are less weights but lower ones more suitable to Where Austin will be in a year or so size wise .

I believe it was Brock in question not Caleb. I do not believe Zane is on the level of Brock but he is an extremely gifted wrestler and we'll be one of the legends I'm sure.

You're right. I misread, my mistake. There are so dang many of them lol

Would be neat to see him at 197, but as Mr. Myers has said before ATM could likely go HVY for no other reason than to prove critics wrong.

Thinking about the sport and life in a simple way .

IF YOUR A CHAMPION AT A WEIGHT THAT'S GREAT YOUR THE CHAMP AT A WEIGHT .

BUT IF YOUR THE HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMP WELL 999.9 PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE CONSIDER YOU

The Champ the baddest athlete in whatever sport your in .

If Muhammed Ali had been a cruiserweight no one would have gave two craps

And Mike Tyson wasn't the biggest heavyweight either lol

AND THE MAN RIC FLAIR AINT NO GIANT AND LESNER IS A MONSTER BUT HE IS NOT AS STRONG AS AUSTIN WILL BE WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YRS NEITHER WILL ANYONE ELSE IN COLLEGE WRESTLING .

I said Frankrone and Austin just based off them being friends both being beast's and somewhat close in weight just think it would be pretty neat

Brock Ervin wasnt a member of this years Kentucky wrestling roster lolKeegan Duncan vs. Logan Erdman would be a good one

Duncan and Erdman did wrestle this season. It was a good match. Duncan won 6-2 or 7-3...something like that. Good, solid wrestling by both.

Duncan and Erdman did wrestle this season. It was a good match. Duncan won 6-2 or 7-3...something like that. Good, solid wrestling by both.

D'oh! Stupid me.

I would consider in wrestling the weight class below heavyweight to be the baddest man. Simply because a lot/some of the heavyweights, even in college or international competition, push and pull without doing much. However one weight class below has a lot more action and the guys are almost as big. I wonder if Austin's frame is already maxed out, he's pretty thick, and don't know if he can put on enough good weight to be competitive at the DI level. What are WV's other 197 prospects?

They have Jake Smith a Jr this next yr very capable and Bailey Faust Ohio runner up probably coming in at 197 or perhaps Austin which I doubt very very much

Their current hvy started at 197 I doubt Austin does as for Frame perhaps Austin is done growing skeletal wise probably nor though maybe not physically he is not maxed out at all he will for sure continue to grow thicken up .As for heavies and movement you need to watch McMullen and Coons scramble at nationals then talk to me about scrambling .Austin says he going hvy at Fargo so if he has any success at all just moving up in his first tournament and it being a national level tourney I think he and they will get an idea of what he can do as a heavy .I know him he will approach them a a little different but I am.betting this is where the WORLD sees that he skies those big sobs just like he does the 220s.

Sure, some of the big boys can do some seemingly impossible scrambling, the Dudziak (Duke) vs Ellis (Mizzou) finals match from a few years ago was awesome!  However I would say the majority are more of the Tony Nelson/Bobby Telford mold, even though the better ones normally move more.. does that make sense?  It does to me lol

TELFORDS A BIG GUY LIKE HILLS HAVE EYES BIG LOL NELSON MORE OF A BIG OLD FARM BOY TYPE Austin more of a tnt type who would benefit from a class between 197 and hvy but who will give it a go and who has an advantage some heavies do not have he actually enjoys lifting and training .Some of those heavies look like they never touched a weight .

Let's just wait and see how he does at Fargo .he's not exactly going to try and just place he wants to win.I think Austin is more along the lines of his soon to be coach DOM Bradley.

Sign in to follow this