Sign in to follow this  
luvswrestling55

Projections for next seasons Most Competitive Weight Classes

The field of 106 was very talented, I am curious to see who will move up to 113. I think the lower weights 106,113,120, and 126 will stacked with the most talent. The middle school group moving up will add some new names to the mix.

Of course the lightweights always get an influx of talented middle schoolers because no middle school kid can hang with the majority of kids anywhere over 132 lbs or lower in High school it's the same every state and every year it's a matter of maturity .To always say the talented kids are in the lighter classes is foolish.

182 WITH Cornett and Frankrone has a ton of talent Cornett being the most underrated wrestler in the state most likely .220 has a ton of talent that's just not polished A soph runner up who's a physical specimen just very raw a talented Jr from male and a bruiser from Harrison cty and most of the remaining placers.

NOT SURE ABOUT Hvy but I would guess a 220 or two might go up and run the field .

you can't make a blanket statement that say's NO middle schooler can hang.... After all Joe Jackson made the semi-finals this year as a 8Th. grader in the 160 lb.class. And I know you would agree that ATM would have been competive as well.

Also there is no way to speculate when,where and how much kids of this age will grow.  some will have a growth spurt, others will mature and fill out.  I remember a kid who went from 113 to 152 in a year. And no he was not fat either. Natural growth spurt and pumping iron all summer.

Looks like they are all tough if you look at about every weight class was mentioned with the exception of 126, 132, 138, 195 and HWT wow I would think the lower three should be very tough considering all the kids returning there or 120 kids moving up including possible a 2 time champ from union and the runner up at 120 not to mention not all those 138 kids graduated. I think its way to early at this point they all will be tough at the top 4 at least its where everyone moves to at the end that will tell later.

I CAN MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT THAT SAYS THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN AND RARELY ARE CONTENDERS and or Champs FOR STATE TITLES IN MOST STATES INCLUDING Ohio over 170 and Ohio has only had 1 four timer at 170 or above and he was a freak of nature , I can also make a blanket statement that a majority of multi time /four X state champs start at 125 or under , Brock Fahy in KY, Steibers Taylor Palmers in Ohio not sure about Bo but he wasn't much bigger if at all .Most start at the lowest weights .It's a weight cutting game with many rather than an actual skill or talent level issue Almost every state says the same thing the lightweights are loaded , That's because it's a sport of over weight cutting kids parents and coaches looking for an edge .I could name names and tell stories all day but I would simply be blasted .Bottom line the lower weights are loaded with good wrestlers but in my opinion actually hurt themselves by restricting their growth and doing what is unnatural for a human being restricting calories yr after yr in hopes of a little higher placing may work out for some kids but who knows how good a kid will be if he let's himself grow and does it right rather than worry about being the BIGGEST lower weight .Look at Frankrone Look at Austin .Look at the lighter weights many under 130 who are as tall as they are .And tell me they are more talented .Not a chance .

• Downvote 1

OK since it was kind of asked;

Here are a list of the 4 time state champions and what wt's

James Earl Hardin 153,165,165,165

Robbie Clarkston 112,126,138,145

Joe Carr 106,126,140,145

Isaac Knable 112,130,140,145

Harrison Courtney 145,145,145,160

John Fahey 103,112,125,138

Brock Ervin 103,,112,126,126,130

Austin Myer 220,220,220,220

5 OF 8 STARTED AT 112 OR UNDER , Im ASSUMING Hardin was some time ago as I have never heard of him and Courtney started at 145 X 3 and 1 X 160.Very impressive on his part .He and his brother were beasts .

AS I SAID THE LOWER CLASSES ARE FLOODED WITH CURRENT AND INCOMING KIDS and talent is what each individual considers it .

THE ONLY REAL WAY TO GAGE THE TALENT LEVEL OF ANY STATE WOULD BE TO COMPARE IT THROUGH COMP WITH OTHER STATES AT WITH KIDS AT THE SAME WEIGHT , KY seems pretty even if you ask me Austin Andreoni Duncan Brock FausZ Lampe Fahy Stephen Cooper Frankrone all had talent all across the board Trae Jayce Carr and others the same and I would say Bobby Bryant and June had upper end talent as well as Canter .In the previous yrs. Schaffer and Saul and the lightweights are good but I have not seen them strike gold outside of KY or the regular season Erdman and a few others along with them will most likely up it a notch and represent .

I would say that is hard to determine.

Many kids who have a late b-day Aug/Sep/Oct.  Start school and would normally graduate when they are 17 years old.  Some kids with the same date/year will wait a year and start. (Does that count as held back).  Or if that kid who should have graduated at 17 is held back does that count?

Or are you talking about the kids who graduate when they are 19? 

YEAH NOT Raking anyone but how many that were held back would have won two more If they had been in KY one for sure 7x placer for sure.Considering he beat Ohio D1 STATE QUALIFIERS IN OPENS HIS 6TH GRADE YR.1IN 0T AND A D2 QUALIFIER BY PIN.

Sign in to follow this