Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Former KY Studs

2 former KY studs are doing work in OH. David Carr and Kyle Lawson will both be wrestling in the finals of the OH State Championships tomorrow. Kyle is looking to become a 2x OH State Champ, while David is going for his 1st OH State Championship. Both have been dominant so far. I know David has 2 techs and a pin. He won 21-6 in the semis. Kyle has been just as dominant pinning his opponent in the semis. Good luck to both of these young men tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Not only did both of these guys win individual titles today, both of their teams won a team State Championship as well. David wrestles for Dayton Christian a D3 team. Kyle wrestles for St Paris Graham a D2 school. Very big day for both of these young men.

• Upvote 1

The Lawsons and Carr came to Kentucky for Coach Carr (and to wrestle tougher competition in middle school). So I can see your argument but they had connections to Coach Carr that brought them here

question my friend not arguement :)

The Carr case is pretty obvious Davids family lives here too 

Over the years though many many guys have came from other states Ohio,Michigan,Iowa, Wisconsin etc. 

It's almost like a program that runs here in the state that says they turned gold piece into gold if you catch my drift

Someone somewhere else put work into that machine just for it to go somewhere else and someone steal the thunder

and again lawson and carr really arent the point I'm trying to make as many were before them

As much as I hate to say it, if you come to KY and immediately win a state title, or are on that level, then we can't really claim them as our own. Hall, the Myers', Carr, the Lawsons, Boston, the Murtons... were all trained outside of KY before they came here and won. Ruschell, Richard Starks and Joe Carr Jr, among others, are probably the best examples of home-grown KY talent succeeding at a high level other than the current group competing in college.

• Upvote 1

That's true, they actively seek a variety of coaches and the best training partners. I know you've said ATM is originally from KY but didn't his formative coaching come from OH? Nothing against Bankemper because he's a proven winner. It just seems that Austin was already polished as a freshman before you'll moved to CC.

If you WANT THE TRUTH AUSTIN BEGAN training the second day of his life his brother enjoyed wrestling and rolling around with him from the whistle of life, that was in KY so he started of a KY kid .

HE WON AN OHIO USA TITLE AT 6 THERE WAS NO OAC YOUTH TILL HE WAS SEVEN THEN HE WON THAT THEN .SO I GUESS Austin was coached by KY guys first .lol Austin wrestled for Colerain then Summer clubs right of the bat with DON Jones and Germain Lindsey , on a team of great youth wrestlers the best of which was Orlando scales who was about a sixth grader .

And that's fitting since they are the best big boys easily to ever step on a mat in Cincy/NKY. Have to say Austins fr sophmore and Jr yr he had Frank And Sinclair big guys who could push him a little not so long with Frank at all but Sinclair was Big and to his great Reward and intelligence he trained an awfully lot in our gym lifting and drilling along with Grazziani last yr .Both improved tremendous some intense fun lifting and a little extra drilling .Grazziani disappeared this yr guess he did what many do in HS drift .

Tired of these border/State threads about kids so heres how I see it.

FAHYS were not from Ky either they moved there as youth Jr High kids and wrestled mainly at Graham for yrs.but they are Ky kids .Hall is no Ky kid at all mostly Mich but a bit everywhere Lawsons sorry no way are they Ky kids one yr a short stopover Boston Two yrs a KY kid a little more Ky flair but no real Ky kid at all .

STEPHEN BORN IN KY GRADE SCHOOL IN CC moved to Ohio trained wrestled all over there biggest influence and longest Ken Ryan Root also Gypsies .Austin same as Stephen except all of High School in KY after being a state Youth Jr high Nat champ in Ohio .Biggest influence Ken Root .High School All CC and a complete different physical and Humble creature since he came to Ky .Both Stephen and Austin lived off and on in both Ky and Cincy as youth Both won youth KY titles as well .FAHYS Def Ky boys .Stephen not so much Austin more so KY Cincy kids .And considering CC wrestles mostly Ohio are they an Ohio team not a Ky team lol or are they a ky/Cincy team .Boston Hall Lawsons.are no ky kids at all .Carr is a ky boy by relative but only a yr stop over not a ky boy .Stephen split HS yrs in both but came from a lot of Ohio training .Austin is The greatest KY bad ass of all time any sport And eats any Basketball player football player and baseball player in the bluegrass for lunch he's a modern day warrior trained from birth to be what he is a four time undefeated HS champ who ran through Ohio for yrs .OF course he's an OHIO and ky kid .So what Born in ky wrestled all over ky and Ohio as a kid up and a four x er in KY who still trains with his Ohio partners .

No one in the country can dispute Austin is a KY boy who is a deserving and unique Champ .I have never seen a single kid come close to his accomplishments and the schedule he has ran through at any weight or state .

Let anyone say what they want and throw his credentials and schedule in their face and they will pale in comparison .And he did it wearing that KY CC singlet.watch his match on flo at Dapper and The Brawl and remember he wrestled his final state and both Nat duals in an 8 day span .After finishing undefeated 4 yrs with all the trimmings

.CC Coach Bankampe Boggs and the rest all the biggest influence in his HS wish they all could have been here at NCAAs pre stuff it was amazing wish Stephen could have been as well He is and always will be the Best youth Jr High and one of the best High school kids ever in Cincy area and he was the greatest influence on Austin .Of course Their parents knew a little about training .

Oh and wildcat .glad you got to witness Our greatness and will forever have the stench of urine on you just like all the Ohio haters who are arguing this same case on the sw dominated ohio sites .Austin is Both and now he's a WV wrestler and he represented Three states this last 8 days .So awesome his WV coaches got to see him work and rep awesome seeing Hoehn in Missou a former ky coach .And it will be awesome seeing if Stephen and Austins Brother follows their lead regardless a long stressful and incredible week .No rest for ATM camps today in Missou and back home Nat next week then regroup for an all out Run at Fargo and then I can breathe .

Wow, try to give a couple of guys some credit and the hating starts! If you have hate in your heart, let it out! Hahahahahaha! Whether people like it or not, these guys did wrestle in KY, now they don't. So by definition, they are former KY studs. For comparison, how many people know where Anthony Davis went to high school? Not very many. He's known for playing at UK, therefore he is a former UK player. Right? I know, I know.....blaspheme, he mentioned basketball on a wrestling site. Suck it up buttercup, it was used as a comparison, that's all.

NO HATING AT ALL Lawson Boston Hall none were in Ky more than a blink Carrs very name etched in KY history only here a yr but deep family ties .Fahys from out of state in Ky a long time Definatly Ky boys .same for Jayce Carr I think.Myers born in Ky wrestled mostly in Ohio in youth but still in Ky a lot won youth tournaments across Ky even youth titles .Austin a 4 xer at CC where instigators like you said he would just be making a pit stop in HS and the haters are the ones who blast on their former coaches who are Ky legends and who tell kids not to take Nat duals seriously wth kind of idiot tells a kid repping Ky something like that .

A jealous scheming hater named Boston that's who .

• Downvote 1

Whoa whoa whoa big man, instigators like me? You better re read my posts pal. I've never metioned a word about either of your kids. What is there to say that you haven't already? Honestly after NHSCA and Fargo, to me neither of your boys should be discussed on a high school forum anymore as they will both be college athletes. I would love to see Austin get his 3rd NHSCA title and double AA in Fargo before that happens though. And I've also never put the Carrs on blast. The Carrs are at the very highest of my list of people that I respect and mentor.

• Upvote 3

I just respect the the hard working coach behind the wrestler, is all I'm saying.

I am blessed to say I currently train and compete in more then 4 different grappling areas outside of wrestling, and if its anything I've learned 

people will do some crazy things for the price of fame,for example

their are some cases where coaches are getting something good in their hands and immediately taking credit for its talents and success, thats not honorable or champion like, you can have all the gold medals in the world and the most flashy resume to back it up but how you carry yourself and as a leader will mean more in the end

I dont take anything away from Austin by the way, as a matter of fact I've never heard bad things come from the mouths of coaches at CC to say they are taking full credit for anything,I love that program, although they wear purple singlets :)  long as you are a beast in them it doesnt matter though hahaha

The fact is though and I'm not talking about cross training, going to camps, training and going somewhere else

If you are in a full season in a state and this coach is working his butt off to get you to see your dreams past

And the kids moves (obviously) out of the kids hands, and then wins another state title in another state,and then leaves

though I commend the optimism of the subject but in REALITY a kid from another state just made that state look too easy especially if he did it undefeated

and then after he leaves we are blinded to what really is needing to be improved,instead we polish the truth up with 

kentucky is getting better at wrestling look at this guy who just won state here

thats just not true

In respect its always great to see a fine athlete come to the state and lead by example from their state.

Now before this gets brought up, if we are saying KY is improving because we had Brock Ervin and John Fahy come through the ranks,I'm going to tell you now,politics still exxist and itll never be the case,someway somehow someones is going to say they only won against ky opponents,and never made thunder on the outside, as Austin did. (No coat tail riding) but I have to outline the facts in reality.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

TEAM IRON MAN YOU SEEM LEGIT NOT AN OBVIOUS INSTIGATOR WHO HAS AN AGENDA LIKE NIKE MAN WITH A COUPLE POSTS THAT I WILL GET TO.

As for others doing big things outside KY .

Brock placed at iron man won nhsca Jr yr did work at Nat duals he repped wonderfully anyone would be proud of him .Fahy made attempt did the same .Fausz AA Fargo and did well Fila great KY rep .Stephen X2 nhscaa AA while in KY did work at Nat duals along with Coop , Reuschell Sr aa and was on his way up .There's been others doing well .Austin went for it all win or lose and shut everyone who said he ran from comp completely up and even can say who has been anywhere as much as him Now he can point at everyone and say THEY run and hide .

Nike lol My boys Brock and the rest will always be brought up for eternity on HS threads they are Legends and set the Bar .

And Austin is a HS athlete until he steps of the Matt at Fargo where he will rep CC KY and WV.And when you discuss my boys Nike you Discuss more than neither lol I have Three whooooo and the 3rd ones a doozy hahahahahhaa

IRON MAN NOT FAIR COMPARING KIDS FROM KY TO Austin no one in Ohio or many states ran the gauntlet he has .Kids need to shatter that myth that KY is inferior All these kids did .

BOSTON A GREAT WORKER AND NATIONAL LEVEL WRESTLER .Did great stuff in KY won who's 1 but didn't rep as much as he could , no team KY showing where he could have been a huge asset for the state and no Fargo attempt where he could have aa or possibly doubled although he made his disdain for greco known .A shame he drew kids away from the sports by taking them to a meaningless folk dual rather than urging them to go to cen reg a prerequisite for team ky.The nasty politics and goings on in wrestling are mind boggling at times .

DUNCAN And Andreoni repping at nhscas

MAYBE FERRIS AND ATM can even have another KY match at NHSCAs and there will be more KY kids at cen reg this yr a few CC boys and I think Raynell will go again maybe Erdman and some others how neat would it be to have a kid at each class at least in Both styles combined .Frankrone had mad potential as a fr gr guy and as a wrestler in general but seems to be letting it pass him by he could easily be a D1 kid at his choice of schools if he went for it and got out there .Most improved wrestler in KY Cornett looked exceptional at state and probably a Combs project .I'm sure Saul plans to do and add to the legacy of Great Ervin wrestlers .

• Downvote 1

Top level guys rarely come from a single state like was stated before.

David Taylor is actually from Wyoming of all places. Henry Cejudo was a little all over the place but Arizona and Colorado were the big two. The Isbell brothers at Clarksville came from out of Tennessee (Colorado being a big one). Shoot Elijiah Oliver is going to get claimed by Illinois despite being a Tennessee guy for a long time

Sign in to follow this