Sign in to follow this  
bigedcoach

Great time of year to remember

With all the things going on with this years state tourney. People like me and GOO like to remember the fun parts of the state tournament. Personally as a guy who has wrestled, refereed, helped with behind the scenes and coached. Its been a fun 20+ years. Share some of your favorite non wrestling moments at the tournament. Also has anyone checked out that the KHSAA has posted tournament programs and brackets all the way back to 1965

And I always get the itch to coach again this time of year.

A big thanks to Coach Andy Critchfield from Henry Clay for getting those brackets posted from back in the old days. It took a lot of work last summer.

• Upvote 1

I always liked going to state to see kids that I had wrestled throughout the year, that I had somehow become friends with. Since I wrestled for a school in Louisville I would get to see and hangout with kids from the random county schools that I only got to see once or twice during the season.

Memorable moments - Yo BigEd, who was the kid from Eastern that lost to maybe it was Lawson from Henry Clay back when the tourney was at Atherton?  It was a last second call and he ran off the mat hurdled the table where Louis Stout was and just kept running. Did he ever get his medal?

Yes thanks to all who went back in the stone ages and found our state brackets.I can now prove to my son i really did exist back then .lol

Unfortunately, Ti did not get a medal.

All of his team points were taken as well which prevented Eastern from being the team runner-up that year

Wow. That doesn't seem right. Maybe a 1pt team deduction but, all his points? I mean, it's not like he had chewing tobacco.

OK guys Ill take the rub, Like I say he left so  no one would see him be unsportsmanlike. Sad that ref never officiated again after he realized he was wrong twice. 

I believe it was Ti Badejo in 1994.  Lost to Tim Lawson Henry Clay at 135 if my records are correct 3-1. 

Correct Goo

OK guys Ill take the rub, Like I say he left so  no one would see him be unsportsmanlike. Sad that ref never officiated again after he realized he was wrong twice. 

Correct Goo

I was the asst coach that found him in his boxers outside

Sign in to follow this