Sign in to follow this  
Scrambles

Big match ups at state duals

Who will be the top four Teams in the Championship Rd????

And who will win if Big School Champ faces Small school Champ .I think there are big schools that can beat Union in a dual this year

Team race:

1. FC beat Trinity (without Frankrone)

2. FC lost to union

3. Trinity beat Union

4. Trinity beat St X at sectional

5. Campbell is always a tough out

6. Oldham Co is solid, but has holes.

Big schools will depend on draw. St. X is going to be crazy tough 2 seed and I'm predicting will beat the 1 in their pool. FC could take out trinity....but Frankrone is back. I'll take FC and X. Both will lose to union if they wrestle off. If Trinity makes it thru I'll take them over Union since they've beaten them already.

X beat CC but CC was leading going into the last match ,and at state duals I think CC would do some moving for a change I doubt either had a full team but CC dominated a team in a tourny two weeks ago that dominated them a week earlier because CC almost had a full team .last week was the first time CC had its whole team together and I think they doubled the next closest team and there may be some changes or options at some weights ,I doubt they do as bad as last yr even though they appeared much weaker after the first few weeks ,it will all come down to a couple swing matches ,could be a Crazy tournament if CC and X wrestle first rounds like last yr best case scenario for CC is if it comes down to the same situation as in WV needing 3 of the last 4 upperweights to do well .CC can now switch guys around like other teams in the past have done to them .

Still say final pools should be round robin like the first pools ,doesnt make sense switching the format VERY possible for a win loss three way tie in the finals that would come down to Criteria ,which should be wins then pins but who knows these days it could be first caution loses lol

It is a big toss up between CC and FC-but it could get weird with the draw and final round set-up-if things don't go as expected...and why should it necessarily?  ST X is always tough-and a FAVORITE-no doubt about it.  I am not so sure that Oldham County has that many holes-that it will dramatically affect them getting to the FINALS-Especially if they get a good early draw:  Any ideas for the dark horse teams that could potentially upset the apple cart that these "favorites" are apparently riding in?

Only the six Sectional Champs will be seeded.  The rest are drawn in with teams going on the opposite side of bracket of the team from their sectional.  My prediction on seeding and pools:

#1 Oldham, draw in Ohio and Meade

#4 Campbell Co, add #5 Christian Co and draw in St X

#3 Trinity, add #6 Henry Clay and draw in Ryle

#2 Fern Creek, draw in N. Hardin and Johnson Central

Fern Creek vs Trinity in one semi, Oldham vs St X in other semi.  If St X is drawn into Oldham Co pool, then the winner would get Campbell Co in that semi.

Team race:

1. FC beat Trinity (without Frankrone)

2. FC lost to union

3. Trinity beat Union

4. Trinity beat St X at sectional

5. Campbell is always a tough out

6. Oldham Co is solid, but has holes.

Big schools will depend on draw. St. X is going to be crazy tough 2 seed and I'm predicting will beat the 1 in their pool. FC could take out trinity....but Frankrone is back. I'll take FC and X. Both will lose to union if they wrestle off. If Trinity makes it thru I'll take them over Union since they've beaten them already.

Unions lineup has changed since Trinity beat them ,Union took a forfeit at 106 but Trinitys may have changed too .

CC and X wrestled first round last yr ,it would seem odd them in the same pool this yr but perhaps that is how it goes .

If they actually seeded the tournament ,no way CC sees X in the first pool.

With that said, do seeds/pools happen day of duals or before hand?

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't want to be the #1 with X as the draw in same pool. I'm not even sure how many pools there are. Based on RYP--X and Campbell would be a battle--I will pick X. Trinity vs. FC will come down to one match at end as well. It was criteria one time. Whatever way they turn out, I'm confident we are going to get to see some great, close duals....as it should be.

I thought X wrestled, 

Woodford Co. - Pool 

North Hardin - Pool 

Trinity - Pool 

Oldham Co.- Big FINAL 

Union - Small vs. Big 

But I agree, rather see X and Campbell outside their first pool. 

As for CC they seem healthy "knock knock"and everyone seemed good to go ,I still think they are a better tournament team and I think they do some moving around at the duals that could make it interesting .

And at 120 ,they have kids who are better than some ranked in the top eight leading me to think they have a very good chance of having their placers in the first six classes then a chance at 3 more ,two for sure ,8 state placers should do it .

Speaking of big matches, I have seen coaches out guess themselves so many times bumping the lineup around, I it ends up taking that one big match (State Tourney) preview, away.

There are a few exceptions where it works out, but not always. I think wrestling straight up, tends to be better. IMHO

In a dual a win is a win ,you can win more matches and still Lose .Still sounds very close .And that brings it full circle back to why the object of The Sport is to PIN .

Sign in to follow this