Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Who will make the bigger impact with their new team?

A lot of coaching changes have been made in this offseason, honestly, there are still many more to go. I am mostly intrigued by 2 changes. Jason Moore to WV and Rob Boston to Fern Creek. Both guys will improve each of those programs, no doubt about it. Coach Roth and Coach Hitchings hit homeruns with both of those hires. My question is who will make the biggest impact with their new team? It doesn't have to be Coach Moore or Coach Boston, those are just 2 that made a big splash with me.

My picks:

1) Jacob Murton - huge impact on young team

2) Ranger - also bring kids with me, gives me slight edge ;)

3) Boston - with Nathan he would shoot up the list; in all seriousness he will definitely crank up the fire and intensity in the fc room.

All are great additions that any program should feel honored to have a part of there program. All are great but I love the Murton hire.

Has boston ever coached a team before? I'm unfamiliar with his time before coming into KY 2 yrs ago and I didn't think he was a woodford coach. Just wondering.  Fern Creek is a great program lookin to get back on top of jefferson county

Interested to see what Joey Patterson can do at Lex Cath.  It will take some time but he is a Carr disciple (also coached under Hedley/Critchfield at HC who also shares that Carr wrestling philosophy) and brings that same intense technical training and I don't think he'll have trouble finding athletes. 

I heard Tates Creek is bringin in Teater from Western Hills and I wonder if that program can find some life again after they were competitive 4-5 yrs ago and now Lafayette and HC have come along big time and started to challenge some power schools.

Also we're seeing a continuing of the torch being passd at Woodford from the Carrs to Rusty Parks and Ethan MIller.  See what those young guys can get out of a program that was once un-matched in the state for their dominance but has slipped some in the past several yrs.  They just need more bodies in the room it looks like.  Still have talent in certain spots and Fallon, Roberts, Hurst, Andreoni is a pretty good foundation to build on. wouldn't be surprised if those 4 all make a run at state finals.

Good luck to all the new coaches trying to start something special.

Here are my thoughts! All the programs listed other than maybe 1 have great coaches and established programs. Coach Hitchings has proven to be a winner at Trinity and now at FC. The addition of Brad Hitchings and myself will not change the direction of the program but give Hitchings a few more resources to work with. Coach Hitchings kids are technically sound and if Brad and I bring anything to the room that will be more intensity. Nothing earth breaking.. Yes Vega, intensity...

Duck, you are very informed about Woodford wrestling so you know that I didnt coach there at any capacity. However, I did coach a few of their wrestlers since they were very young. ( Nathan, Kyle Lawson, Trevor Lawson) I have never coached at a middle school or a highschool and honestly never had the desire. My focus has been on clubs and travel teams such as ETC. If you have heard about one of my camps then you would know that we have a lot of out of state kids attend. I feel this is important to the development of our in-state kids. Brock and Fahy came into to our camps since they were very young and I feel it helped them at some capacity reach their goals. We have a nice core group of kids at ETC and hopefully I have met their expectations. I feel I am one of the luckiest coaches in the state because I get to work with so many great wrestlers from many different schools.

As far as the torch being passed at Woodford. I think lil Rusty Parks and Ethan Miller will do a great job. Both are outstanding with the kids. I think it would be awesome to get Coach Rusty Parks back for a year to help mentor these guys. I am not sure if this job will be posted but I feel Rusty Parks has paid his dues and should have the opportunity to be the next head coach at Woodford. losing 2 State Champions and a 3rd place winner they will be in the reloading stage but I have all the confidence that the tradition will continue.

Good Luck to all!

A lot of moves that are helping some teams .As for Coaching hopefully Joe Carr and.the carrs are still in.the mix or will be sometime soon ,exceptional coaches with intelligence intensity and a true love of the sport .

Jarvis Elam coming back to Union county.I personally think its a great move for the program. To put some youth in their coaching ranks.Seriously I think his presence there will improve their already stacked lighter weights. Bryce and Saul shouldn't be touched while under Jarvis's wing.Also watch for Chance Oxford,he should do big things.

Not new, but heard some Trinity people were very happy with Joey Parrott in room last year. Another year to be on the mat pushing those tough Juniors that are all close to his weight could be a big plus for the new/old coach Rudolph. Haven't heard a bad word about Joey Parrott other than "smart". Haha. Coach Rudolph has a damn good chance of getting a ring this year.....with a little help from a little guy.

Parrot is a great young Coach it seems he is respected by many of the best wrestlers in the state .

1. Boston not with FC this season.

2. Walton? Who's this Ranger guy anyway?

3. Glad to see new coaches/teams looking for tourneys to get scheduled on this site. Keep improving and maybe KY will have a "real" venue for their championships.

why did Boston leave FC so quickly? thought he was gonna do big things there. 

He posted this a few months ago:

Coach Hitchings has proven to be a winner at Trinity and now at FC. The addition of Brad Hitchings and myself will not change the direction of the program but give Hitchings a few more resources to work with. Coach Hitchings kids are technically sound and if Brad and I bring anything to the room that will be more intensity. Nothing earth breaking.. Yes Vega, intensity...

soooo two weeks of intensity and then leave?

Can't speak to why he left....only know he and Coach Hitchings are not coaching together at FC this season. I'm sure things were arranged in the beginning with the kids best interest at heart, but things can change in any situation. Nathan possibly not red shirting this season could have been a factor. Who wouldn't want to have more time to watch years of dedication play out?

Couldn't agree more firemans34. You never know what circumstances come into play with these desisions. I'm a huge fan of Nathan, and all that he represents. I'm sure he will continue to represent his family, his state, and himself to the fullest. I know that if I had the opportunity to have Rob, Robert, or Nathan in m room, I definitely would!!

Very excited for Dixie Wrestling now that Dan Osborne has taken over the program there! He is a great young coach with many years of assistant coaching and doing much of the team management that often goes unnoticed, he also has terrific assistants in Vic DeLong and Brandon Nixon and I am sure they will bring great changes to the program this year! Wishing them all a terrific and safe season! See ya on the mat!!!!!!!! :D

Sign in to follow this