Sign in to follow this  
NKY FAN

NEW PROGRAMS OR COACHING CHANGES

Heard that Dave Barnes isn't at Walton Verona any longer. If this is true, I wonder if there are plans on him starting another program somewhere else. Where will Walton go from here?

Before it gets out of hand on the rumor Ville, LOL,  Coach Barnes decided to step down. I know his current job and scheduling conflicts played a big part in him resigning.

I wish Coach Barnes and his family the best. He has done wonders with the program and kids at Walton. He will definitely be missed in the room and be hard to fill his shoes.

I cannot thank Dave Barnes enough for what he has done for me. I have learned a lot from Dave over the years from a technique stand point and from a coaching stand point. Walton is only where it is today because of Coach Barnes.

Going forward, I have accepted my new role as Head Coach of Walton-Verona High School Wrestling team.

I'm currently working on putting a staff together from the youth and middle school level to completing my staff at the HS level.

So any HS related issues concerning scheduling dual meets or tournaments, please direct all emails to me at:

jaroth@twc.com

Thanks

John Roth

Walton-Verona Wrestling

• Upvote 2

There is a note on the Lexington Catholic HS website that says they are forming a team for this next year and the coach will be announced this summer.

prospects for lex catholic job???

Sign in to follow this