Sign in to follow this  
gpikul

Kentucky Freestyle, Greco-Roman, Sombo, & Folkstyle State Tournament-April 26

The Freestyle, Greco-Roman, Sombo, & Folkstyle State will be held on April 26 at Nelson County.  The flyer is attached.  Please note: NO MORNING WEIGH-INS and all participants MUST PRE-REGISTER.  The link to pre-register on Trackwrestling will be posted next week. 

Any wrestlers planning on wrestling for Team KY in Fargo should see Coach Carr's previous posts concerning qualifications for the team

Please contact with any questions.

Thanks

Garrett Pikul

Freestyle,_Greco,_Folkstyle,_&_Sombo_State_2014.docx

All participants planning on wrestling in Fargo will be required to weigh at the tournament. I will have a scale. This is not optional. 

This is not a weigh in for this tournament, it is a weight check.

Thanks Coach Carr

Please don't forget about this event.  Pre-registration will be set up and activated this weekend.  Anyone intreetsed in going to Fargo, Central Regionals, or any other Freestyle and Greco events should make plans to attend.  Anyone who has never wrestled these styles and wants to try something new should also attend. 

I asked for past results earlier to see what kind of turnout to expect at the different ages & weights. I go to the tournaments that are the best for jacks development. If I can get full brackets in franklin In in FS/GR or 2matches in KY Jack will wrestle in Franklinh but if he can get close to the number of matches he will do KY state FS/GR.

The Pre-registration link for the event will be listed below.  Please note at all wrestlers who compete in all 4 styles will recieve an Ironman State Tournament t-shirt.  All wrestlers must pay the $30 entry fee regardless of whether they compete in all 4 styles or not.

We are hoping for an excellent turnout.  Please remember that all wrestlers wanting to go to Fargo need to wrestle in this event.  Questions concerning qualiifcation for Fargo can be sent to Jon Carr, KY Team Leader, at 126dgb@gmail.com

The link is below:

http://www.trackwres...upId=139696009

Please contact with any questions.

Thanks

Garrett Pikul

Tournament Director (gpikul01@gmail.com). 

Any weigh inns closer to NKY not really looking forward to two drives or staying all night for a one day tournament , ????

Sorry.  I was at the US Open in Las Vegas and didn't have time to get on and post info.  $30 to compete in all 4 styles.  if you only want to compete in 1 style, still $30.  You must pre-register for all of the styles you wish to compete in before Friday, 4/25.  We will not add anyone to any bracket the morning of the tournament (no exceptions).  You must register & compete in all 4 styles to be able to recieve a t-shirt.

Clubs that want to host a remote weigh-in need to contact me ASAP.  Please note the following times as to competition:

8:00 am-10:00 a.m.: Pewee-Novice Sombo/Schoolboy-Senior Greco-Roman

10:00 am-12:00 p.m.: Pee-Wee-Novice Greco-Roman/Schoolboy-Senior Sombo

12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Pewee-Novice Folkstyle/Schoolboy-Senior Freestyle

2:30 pm to conclusion Pee-Wee-Novice Freestyle/Schoolboy-Senior Folkstyle

The tournament has been moved to My Old Kentucky Home Middle School (right behind the high school):

301 Wildcat Lane

Bardstown, KY 40004

Every cadet and junior in the State is still eligible to be on the team to go to Fargo. See you Saturday.

Coaches and wrestlers, please support our state tournmanet this weekend.  We have had interest in different styles so let's support our state and please participate.

It's not too late to register for this event.  The link to pre-register on Trackwrestling is listed below:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=139696009

This is a great event to learn the different styles of wrestling.  It's a $30 entry fee for all styles regardless if you compete in 1 style or all 4 styles.  If you compete in all 4 styles, you will recieve a t-shirt.

Sign in to follow this