Here are my predictions:

70lbs:  My favorite - Thomas Deck.  Upset pick - Samuel Grandstaff

75lbs:  My favorite - Trevor Frietsch.  Upset pick - Brenan Pye

80lbs:  My favorite - Tom Ketchen-Carter.  Upset pick - Tristan Ballinger

86lbs:  My favorite - Tylan Tucker.  Upset pick.....not a chance

92lbs:  My favorite - Blake Roth.  Upset pick....not a chance

98lbs:  My favorite - Adam Bender.  Upset pick - Micah Ervin

105lbs:  My favorite - Ryan Moore.  Upset pick....not a chance

Thats as far as I can guess.  Didn't what much over 105lbs.  I would have Gamble as my favorite at 140 though.

Yes I seen him point to his father for a second after he had a tough match. He just wanted to share that moment with his father. I didn't see anything wrong with that personally. I didn't see his pointing as someone trying to showboat. As far as him carrying his self, are you talking about him walking around with a hood on his head before his finals match. He is a kid that gets into the zone before a match nothing more.

But if you knew the kid you would understand he is the farthest thing from a Hollywood acting kid. He takes time for the younger kids in the community not only in wrestling but with football and basebal as well. He's always nice to every kid he spends time with and tries to help them anyway he can. I understand you just have that one day to judge him on. but remember you are still judging a kid and your comments may hurt a kid that doesn't deserve to be hurt by an adult on a message board. When that kinds nothing like tour describing. I wished you would have room a minute and spoke to Gamble that day. You would've understood after that minute that your assessment of his attitude was incorrect. Butbivebdone it also. Sit back and watch someone who maybe coming off in the wrong way. Or maybe you were just looking for a reason to dislike a good kid.

I'm in total agreement with the above. I for one did not know Gamble before regions but i did take time to meet and talk to him and his dad. Very respectable young man and is very serious about his wrestling. As for who takes the #1 spot on the podium at 140  i think it's going to be a battle. Upset in the making?  Who knows.  

You can never say no chance at an upset. It happens every year and there are way too many good wrestlers in the state now for any kid to have it handed to them.

My son wrestles 80lbs so he has faced - and I have seen - many, but not all, of the top 80 pounders in the state including Ketchen-Carter and Ballinger, and my money is on Higdon from Fairdale. And I don't mean to downplay how good Tom KC is, especially for a fifth grader (I think), but Higdon (regional MOW) seems to be hitting on all cylinders heading into state.

70- Escalera vs McCormick -i am going with Escalera dec

75- Brown vs Deckard -Deckard by dec

80- Purvis vs Ketchen-Carter -ketchen-carter by maj-dec 11-4

86-Tucker vs Deck-Tucker by fall 4:30

92-Roth vs Wheeler-Roth t-fall

98-Bender vs Ervin-Bender by maj-dec (could be MOW

105-Moore vs Lawrence-Moore by fall

113-Smith vs Whorton-Smith by maj-dec

121-Gray vs Livers-Gray by fall

130-Johnson vs Ritchie-Johnson by dec 7-5

140-Leavell vs Smallwood-Smallwood dec 8-6

152-Bratchervs Dulak-Bratcher by maj-dec 12-4

168-Denny vs Littlefield-Denny fall

190-Irving vs Washington-Irving fall

240-Canaday vs spell-Canaday dec

I don't see how anyone who watched the region 4 tourney can still so surely pick Gamble. Maybe he was just having an off day, but out of all the favorites he looks to be the most likely to be upset. Hopefully he'll leave all his Hollywood antics back in JC this time too.

I take it back, he wrestled great today, congratulations!

I'm in total agreement with the above. I for one did not know Gamble before regions but i did take time to meet and talk to him and his dad. Very respectable young man and is very serious about his wrestling. As for who takes the #1 spot on the podium at 140  i think it's going to be a battle. Upset in the making?  Who knows.  

Congratulations to Blake and his family. He must have had a off day at regionals because he looked like a champion at state.