Sign in to follow this  
sigep567

Rankings for 138/145/170

My rankings for the three weights I am familiar with. I know it's not as clean as Ranger, but from what I have seen this is the most accurate guess at weights and results.

1. Sean Fausz – Campbell Co.
  2. Ben Barton – Trinity
  3. Conner Wilkerson – Oldham Co.
  4. Raymundo Perez – Larue Co.
  5. Jackson Oxford – Union Co.
  6. David Tuduri – Henry Clay
  7. Dylan West – North Hardin
  8. Angel Vasquez – Lafayette
  9. Nathan Thompson – DeSales
  10. Leland Phelps – Male
  11. Cameron Bryant – Eastern
  12. Bryce Dean – Sheldon Clark
  13. Forrest Vaughn – Bourbon Co.
  14. Tevin Smith – Bullitt East
  15. Tristan Sanders – Fairdale

1. Mike Whalen – Henry Clay
  2. Clay Brown – Walton Verona
  3. Kevi Matlock – Christian Co.
  4. Chad Gahafer – Union Co.
  5. Max Andreoni – Woodford Co.
  6. Ian Kahl – Trinity
  7. Andrew Bailey – Cooper
  8. Josh Jude – Johnson Central
  9. Austin Jackson – Dixie Heights
  10. Chris Gilkey – Caldwell Co.
  11. Isaiah Frank – Calloway Co.
  12. Riley Hawes – Eastern
  13. John Little – North Hardin
  14. Ryan Gallogly – Trigg Co.
  15. Chance Lutes – Simon Kenton

1. Johnny Meiman - Ryle
  2. Ki Ryder – Fort Campbell
  3. Max Emerson – Oldham Co.
  4. Lucas Miozza – Trinity
  5. Casey Mink – Wayne Co.
  6. Dustin Turner – Campbell Co.
  7. Derek Hicks – Simon Kenton
  8. Caleb Ray – St. X
  9. Josh Case - Eastern
  10. Isaac Lawson – Hopkinsville
  11. Caleb Barrett – Southern
  12. Stephen Savage – Madison Central
  13. Xavier Pate – Christian Co.
  14. Hunter Bailey – Cooper
  15. Kane Morris – Union Co.

I think anyone could win 170 to be honest with you, so yeah I think Hicks could win it. 

I think Haddad placed 5th at the JCTC and got beat by both Sanders and Phelps that weekend.  If I'm wrong let me know, but I know he didn't place in the top 4. 

Hicks has had some great matches with meiman but personally I just think they know each other so well. I do like hicks as a kid but I'm saying he doesn't touch Turner at regional and state placement is unlikely for hicks but he will win a couple of matches. I like the rankings he posted above except to me Turner is the sleeper to win it all. I'm still picking meiman though as the fav.

Hicks looked good against Meiman and Dustin looked good this weekend coming back if he gets in gear he could win as well , Hicks impressed me I like offense Meiman has a counter style that is effective but annoying to watch at times .

yes meiman has a counter style that can drive 95% of wrestlers mad lol but it's very effective against guys in his weight class. He doesn't make mistakes often and wears you down but alot of his matches are 4-3 .. 3-2 type matches ... I'm like you I love the guys that just go at it no holds barred those 14-12 matches with a near fall by each guy are fun to watch !

Haddad has split matches with both wrestlers.  Alright, he can be ranked 15th.  Maybe Ranger will have a little more love for him.  These are just my opinion.

Some people have had their shot to win it for the past couple of years. I like Andreoni at 145. He very well may be KY's next 4 timer. The kid is tough and has the tools, not to mention a pretty "solid" ;) partner in the room.

Kahl might have been in the top three to me, but he was beat last week at sectionals by Jared Branch - Fern Creek.  The word was Kahl was sick, but who knows.  Andreoni is tough.  I have seen him wrestle Brown and Whalen this year.  He lost both, but the Brown match was very competitive.  I don't think Andreoni wins it all this year, but no doubt the kid will have multiple state championships when it is all said and done.

Washington state runner up and state champ Brian Shute could mix things up at 170 if he is cleared in time for Woodford ,Boston has informed me that Meiman Turner Hicks and the rest at 170 will be hard pressed to last a match against the rough and rugged style of Shute, a High School all American and Fargo standout in his cadet years , seems Woodford has cornered the Market on Transfers :)

Shute?? Wasn't that the name of the guy Louden Swain cut weight to meet in Vision Quest?  Any relation?   He was pretty rugged.  Carried a big fence post up and down bleachers.

Are there any Louden Swains out there ready for the challege?

Swain is still two weights up , he better stick to his decent plan , different weight restriction rules here in KY , may explain Shutes sudden Transfer !!!

We have guys in Ky that hit the bleachers with two fence posts !!!!

Like to see Shute and Frankrone go at it !!

Just one of the best movies ever made.

Saw it when it came out and thought it was cool.  Watched it a couple years ago and laughed about how cheesy it was.  Still a great flick though.

Wrestlers watch it today and laugh at it , fun to yell vision quest when the double chicken wing is in and you want your kid to set to his but and crank it in:)

Shute kind of reminds me of Cooper

I watched the Andreoni Brown match it was very close.  I also saw the brown kahl match at the Dragon finals last year.   6-0  Kahl looked to be much stronger than Brown.

Sign in to follow this