Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

state champs if we had two classes

So just for fun, who are your state champ picks if we had 2 divisions at state, big school and small.

Small. Big

106- Sheffer. 106- Burroughs

113- Hall. 113- Bindner

120- Dezember. 120- Boston

126- Blackwell. 126- Whalen

132- Ervin. 132- Erdman

138- Perez. 138- Fausz

145- Brown. 145- Kahl

152- Agnew. 152- Lampe

160- Jones. 160- Lampe

170- Smith. 170- Meiman

182- Fooks. 182- Courtney

195- Morrow. 195- Parrott

220- Neice. 220- Myers

285- Brown. 285- Young

106- Sheffer. 106. Burroughs

113 -Hall.  113- Binder

120- Boston.  120- L. Erdman

126-Blackwell.  126- Whalen

132- Ervin. 132- J. Erdman

138-Fausz Scares small school kids away at weigh in.

145- Brown.  145- Jackson

152- Agnew.  152- Lampe

160- Jones. 160- D. Lampe wins in triple O.T. against Belk.  (Had to say it Belk can scrap)  Plus he is my son.  lol.

170-Courtney.  170- Meiman

182- Fooks.  182- Matthews if he is at 182.

195- M. Smith.  195. T. Frankrone.  Kid is huge.

220.  Meyers wins both brackets with out rest.  Pins through out.  Total wrestling time is 2:33.  MOW

285.  Goes to a coin flip... had to be delayed because of cleaning of blood from 220 matches.

113 -Hall. 113- Binder

120- Boston. 120- L. Erdman

126-Blackwell. 126- Whalen

145- Brown. 145- Jackson

152- Agnew. 152- Lampe

160- Jones. 160- D. Lampe wins in triple O.T. against Belk. (Had to say it Belk can scrap) Plus he is my son. lol.

170-Courtney. 170- Meiman

182- Fooks. 182- Matthews if he is at 182.

195- M. Smith. 195. T. Frankrone. Kid is huge.

220. Meyers wins both brackets with out rest. Pins through out. Total wrestling time is 2:33. MOW

285. Goes to a coin flip... had to be delayed because of cleaning of blood from 220 matches.

195 pick? Really Scott is small school and miller just pinned smith at big brother duels

195 pick? Really Scott is small school and miller just pinned smith at big brother duels

If I'm not mistaken, smith will probably be at 170. If he wrestled miller, he was giving up around twenty lbs. Maybe he was just wanting strong competition? Not sure on that, wasn't there.

113 -Hall. 113- Binder

120- Boston. 120- L. Erdman

126-Blackwell. 126- Whalen

145- Brown. 145- Jackson

152- Agnew. 152- Lampe

160- Jones. 160- D. Lampe wins in triple O.T. against Belk. (Had to say it Belk can scrap) Plus he is my son. lol.

170-Courtney. 170- Meiman

182- Fooks. 182- Matthews if he is at 182.

195- M. Smith. 195. T. Frankrone. Kid is huge.

220. Meyers wins both brackets with out rest. Pins through out. Total wrestling time is 2:33. MOW

285. Goes to a coin flip... had to be delayed because of cleaning of blood from 220 matches.

If you look at weights, smith might be better to replace Courtney. Smith only weights in the 170's and woodford is a big school.

I know I am an outsider but you gents have definitely over looked some MUCH BETTER kids than you have chosen. Small school any way and I see you are very partial to NKY. I see a lot of KY kids in the offseason entering tournaments in IN. I have to say the talent pool has really grown over the last three years! If you do not believe it then just go check the results at many of the nationally recognized tournaments. Any way back to my point now and I am only pointing out a few weight classes because I have seen these kids wrestle plus I have watched them progress faster than their peers. Through forums such as this or by viewing tournament results in the offseason. We all become familiar with Kid's after we have heard their names or seen then more frequent.

Ok:

126: Blackwell (all day in small school) Caleb Austin (Big school, who is 126 for sure or 132 not 120 ranger you need to scratch that. If this makes 120 then someone paid a doctor off to sign a waiver)

132: Brock (enough said) you can add a big school but the out come we all know

138: Gilkey (small school, did you guys see the numbers this young man put up in the off season and where he did it at? I guess not! Fausz (big school, obviously is great wrestler but I do not think Gilkey is running from him.)

170: Ryder (Small school, I saw this young man several times this offseason here in IN and he tore the IN kids up and beat the IN state runner up just short of a major.) Wyatt Courtney (big school, I think Wyatt stays 170 this will be a great match up with a flip of the coin on who just happens to come and want to wrestle that day)

220: hmmm, I here there is a decent one in KY who has some potential. Joking Austin Myers like Brock Ervin takes it for sure not saying that strange things do not happen. We have all seen underdogs come out of no where.

HVY: Brown (small school, because I believe this is his year and Union breeds success) Myers (big school if he moves up from 220 which is a small possibility from what I have read any way. Austin takes it if so)

Like everyone this is my opinion. Remember, what they say about opinions, they are like a## holes and every body has one.

So just for fun, who are your state champ picks if we had 2 divisions at state, big school and small.

Small. Big

106- Sheffer. 106- Burroughs

113- Hall. 113- Bindner

120- Dezember. 120- Boston

126- Blackwell. 126- Whalen

132- Ervin. 132- Erdman

138- Perez. 138- Fausz

145- Brown. 145- Kahl

152- Agnew. 152- Lampe

160- Jones. 160- Lampe

170- Smith. 170- Meiman

182- Fooks. 182- Courtney

195- Morrow. 195- Parrott

220- Neice. 220- Myers

285- Brown. 285- Young

I think your exactly right but ill takes mikey smith over fooks at 182. He has gained weight from getting taller. I really dont see him making 170 there barely any fat on him. I honestly wouldnt know who to put for 170 small school. And I would take Bobby Poynter Over Robert Dezember for 120 small school.

-TOP SHELF-

Like I said, KY wrestling talent has grown immensely over the past three years in the ENTIRE STATE. So do not take the offensive mode but the facts do not lie. You can talk numbers if you want but the rest of the state has been catching up to NKY the last couple years. There have been more kids traveling outside of KY than ever before. You have to give credit to all the coaches throughout KY for encouraging these young men to go out and seek the best and make that statement. If you look at the numbers of nationally recognized tournaments won by NKY compared to the rest of the state, the numbers are rather even. The most important part is that the sport is growing stronger within KY. Young men like A Myers, B Ervin, T Blackwell, S Fausz and N Boston just help solidify what is shaping the future and turning heads of those who had shunned KY wrestling. I have become a fan of KY wrestling for sure!! I think everything is obviously moving in the right direction due to some great coaching and supportive parents loading up the vehicles on the weekends and providing that opportunity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you all. 

All those guys mentioned are unbelievable wrestlers. They have blazed a path for all kids in ky who have the same dreams of wrestling on college.

I was at the bearcat brawl this weekend for middle school wrestlers. There were top teams from all over attending. I was having a conversation with a retired coach that was amazed how talented the jr high kids were. He was fascinated how technical at such and early age. I have to agree. Watching 70lb 4th graders really made me think how far the competition has come. If our youth keeps this pace up imagine what they will look like 10 yrs from now.

Sign in to follow this