kdsmith27

First Annual Kentucky Youth Tournament of Champions

First Annual Kentucky Youth Tournament of Champions

Date & Time: Saturday, March 30, 2013 (weigh-in and check-in times noted below)

Location: Fern Creek High School, 9115 Fern Creek Rd. Louisville, KY 40291

Registration: Tournament is limited to medal winners at the State Youth

Tournament and all elementary age wrestlers who were not eligible for state because they wrestled middle school. Must register by March 23, 2013

Application must be completed along with $15.00 entry fee

Make checks payable to: Shamrock Wrestling Club.

A current USA Wrestling card is required. (Update your league card)

No refunds and no walk-in’s the day of the tournament

Weigh-ins: Check with your coach or club for satellite weigh-in locations,dates×

NOTE: Satellite weigh-ins are accepted. However, we will be verifying weights

listed on the day of the tournament as well as skin conditions.

RULES: Kentucky High School rules with modifications to times and scoring. Headgear and singlet are recommended. USA Wrestling divisions and weight classes will be used.

Tournament Committee reserves the right to modify &/or adjust bout times, weight classes and divisions to promote wrestling.

ADDMISSION: $5 Adults, $2 Children. Parental Supervision of children required at all times.

CONTACTs: Ron Coleman 502/387-9794/CoachRon4@aol.com

Efren Quirino 502/637-4712 x 230/coachq@insightbb.com

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

First_Annual_Kentucky_Youth_Tournament_of_Champions.pdf

We would be willing to host a weigh in at Taylor County High on 3/28 at 6pm. Please let me know if that's possible. Also, will weight/skin checks be conducted at check in or mat side?

We would also love to see this in track. It could make registering much easier, allow others to follow and give our kids a chance to improve their track rank for the purpose of better seeding at national events.

I have a kid who won youth state and is a sixth grader but was born in 2000. I seen the birth dates was 2001-2002 for sixth graders. Is he not eligible? He is 12.

If a kid has had a birthday and his weight has changed will he have to wrestle in a new bracket or will he stay in the 1 he was in at State?

Everything changes.  They are using USA divisions and weights.  

I have a kid who won youth state and is a sixth grader but was born in 2000. I seen the birth dates was 2001-2002 for sixth graders. Is he not eligible? He is 12.

I believe the information says if they are 12 but you are right about the divisions saying 2001-2002 on the flyer.  I'm sure there will be several kids that will fall into this catagory being as if they are 12 now but may turn 13 in the next several months.  I guess they will need to clarify if it is by the age of 12 or by the birth year.  Lets hope we get an answer soon because again this event is fast approaching.

Just heard that they may open this up to all non-qualifiers and ms due to low #'s.  Does anyone know for sure or is there a better place to get info on what is going on other than hear say?  We are 2 weeks out and know body seems to know what is really going on.

• Upvote 1

RULES: Kentucky High School rules with modifications to times and scoring. Headgear and singlet are recommended. USA Wrestling divisions and weight classes will be used.

Are you already changing this?  This is what I found on USA Wrestling.

INTERMEDIATE Born 2003-2004 and KY TOC has this Intermediate 2002-2004.

Bantam has a three year gap.  This is crazy to have this big of a gap with the little kids.  They are the ones that have the biggest disadvantage.

Will we be able to follow the tournament on track wrestling?

Yes

Enter him on track

If a kid has had a birthday and his weight has changed will he have to wrestle in a new bracket or will he stay in the 1 he was in at State?

He will wrestle at his current weight and age divsions

INTERMEDIATE Born 2003-2004 and KY TOC has this Intermediate 2002-2004.

Bantam has a three year gap. This is crazy to have this big of a gap with the little kids. They are the ones that have the biggest disadvantage.

The flier has the correct age divisions on it. I would agree though that the grade column should be removed. USA divisions have nothing to do with grade. It will only cause confusion.