Sign in to follow this  
mac00135

#1 vs #4 upset alerts

I think Kevin Roberts will beat the Male kid.  I watched the Male kid wrestle this year.  He is pretty good, but I think Roberts is just too much for him.

in the 170's Marlon Toriente from Seneca is very good .. His match with Parriman McCreary Central will be a good one

I haven't seen Torriente wrestle this year but I was at the WCI and seen Parriman and he looked pretty good halfway through the season and according to trackwrestling he seems to improve everyy week. His first encounter with Mink was he won 5-1 and his second encounter later at the Region 8 tournament he won in domminating fashion with a 15-2 major and according to track Mink beat Torriente 8-4. Boykin pinned Torriente and parriman beat Boykin 12-7. I also have kept an eye on this weight class for personal reasons and I also think it will be a fun class to watch and I would have to say that there could be many upsets and I'm not saying this will be or won't be one of them because Ive not seen Torriente wrestle but looking at common opponets I would have to say that if Parriman is ready to wrestle then there will be no upset in this match-up. I think a couple of first round match-ups to watch will be Jones/Fultz and Wilbanks/Stepp. Even though Fultz got pinned by Jones around the halfway point of the season Fultz has wrestled very well of late and seems to be peeking. He lost two very close matches with Meiman and Wilbanks two top kids at 170. If Fultz is at the top of his game with nothing to lose and Jones has a few first match gitters this could very well equal an upset. Wilbanks is very tough but Stepp is a sleeper and is a very good wrestler that if over looked at all by Wilbanks, Stepp could very easily pull off the upset. I don't even want to touch on the possibilities of second round upsets. I will say that the second round probable match up of Canter/Jones will be the second round match-up to watch. As always these are just my opinion which makes them 1 in a million. Good luck to all wrestlers at the Horse Park!

Through my work on the rankings these are some I got with varying degrees of likliness

Roberts over Phelps at 145

Coulter over Sanderfer at 132

Adams over Siler at 120

Owens over Edlin at 120

The wins I kind of expect to happen are Roberts and Owens. Coulter and Adams are possible but I would not be surprised if they lost.

I haven't seen Torriente wrestle this year but I was at the WCI and seen Parriman and he looked pretty good halfway through the season and according to trackwrestling he seems to improve everyy week. His first encounter with Mink was he won 5-1 and his second encounter later at the Region 8 tournament he won in domminating fashion with a 15-2 major and according to track Mink beat Torriente 8-4. Boykin pinned Torriente and parriman beat Boykin 12-7. I also have kept an eye on this weight class for personal reasons and I also think it will be a fun class to watch and I would have to say that there could be many upsets and I'm not saying this will be or won't be one of them because Ive not seen Torriente wrestle but looking at common opponets I would have to say that if Parriman is ready to wrestle then there will be no upset in this match-up. I think a couple of first round match-ups to watch will be Jones/Fultz and Wilbanks/Stepp. Even though Fultz got pinned by Jones around the halfway point of the season Fultz has wrestled very well of late and seems to be peeking. He lost two very close matches with Meiman and Wilbanks two top kids at 170. If Fultz is at the top of his game with nothing to lose and Jones has a few first match gitters this could very well equal an upset. Wilbanks is very tough but Stepp is a sleeper and is a very good wrestler that if over looked at all by Wilbanks, Stepp could very easily pull off the upset. I don't even want to touch on the possibilities of second round upsets. I will say that the second round probable match up of Canter/Jones will be the second round match-up to watch. As always these are just my opinion which makes them 1 in a million. Good luck to all wrestlers at the Horse Park!

Good post. As you know I love the 170's ...Torriente is very good but Parriman could possibly be in the finals I know this .. He's that good . I just breezed through the bracket and Torriente in my opinion was the best of the 4 seeds along with Hicks of SK who just beat Fultz 4-0 but Hicks won't match up well with Bauer which left Torriente so figured if Parriman over looked him he could get caught. Parriman has a very hard draw...with Torriente, then Jordan Macintosh and then Meiman/Boykin but I give Meiman the edge and then Bauer and then Canter lol... If he wins it geeze the kid deserves lots of prizes. I'm interested in the Wilbanks/ Ryder match up and the Turner/ Macintosh in the 2nd rounds along of course with Jones/ Canter. Wilbanks was out a lot of the season and Ryder is one of the few I've never seen wrestle but has an impressive record. Mink seems to slid back from his last year huge win against Bell match and I believe that Barrett will catch him in the 2nd round. It's going to be entertaining even in the first 2 rounds I see some marquee match ups !