Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

State Tournament Prediction Contest

It's that time of the year again folks, and although I have never finished higher then third I really think this year is my year. We will have to decide what to do concerning Dark Horse picks (hopefully Ranger updates in the next couple says).

For those of you new to the game you pick a wrestler for each weight. Hopefully you pick the guy you expect to win it. Then you assign a point value to each wrestler from 14 all the way down to 1. People make this mistake every year, you want to place the high numbers on the guys you know will win (like ATM).

If we do end up doing Dark Horse what you would do is pick a wrestler ranked fairly low (Gabe McIllrath was a popular pick two years ago actually I think). Then if they place you get the points they are ranked subtracted by the point the place. So if I pick Swagger McSwagpants who is ranked 15th but he places 5th I would get 10 bonus points.

We also do a tiebreaker where you pick the team champ and guess the team score. Whoever is closest in the case of a tie wins.

14- Austin Myers (220)
13- Stephen Myers (160)
12- Brock Ervin (126)
11- Kevin Cooper (152)
10- Nathan Boston (113)
9- Caleb Canter (170)
8- Trae Blackwell (120)
7- Sean Fausz (132)
6- Hiero Chamblee (182)
5- Wade Holtsclaw (195)
4- Jayce Carr (138)
3- Bobby Bryant (285)
2- Trevor Lawson (106)
1- Kory Polley (145)

Dark Horse- Ki Ryder 170 Fort Campbell

Tiebreaker- Campbell County 178 Points

MOW- Kevin Cooper

14- Austin Myers (220)               
13- Stephen Myers (160)
12- Brock Ervin (126)
11- Caleb Canter (170)

10- Sean Fausz (132)

9- Bobby Bryant (285)

8- Trae Blackwell (120)

7- Wade holtzclaw (195)

6-  Jayce Carr (138)

5- Justin Lampe (145)

4- Hiero Chamblee (182)

3- Nathan Boston (113)

2- D. Lampe (152)

1- Trevor Lawson (106)

14- Brock Ervin(126)

13-Nathan Boston(113)

12-Austin Myers (220)

11-Kevin Cooper(152)

10-Stephan Myers(160)

9-Sean fausz(132)

8-Caleb canter(170)

7-trae Blackwell(120)

6- travon Thacker(106)

5-Jayce

I wonder who won it last year ?  :D  oh wait I did lol .... It was a lot of fun and I have a title to defend ... yes the darkhorse will be a real challenge on figuring out a way on how to do it ? The people that are doing it now are you using Rangers X mas rankings ? Just checking Thanks in advance

RESULTS FROM LAST YEAR.  Riding time put it on last year.. Riding time did it last year and did a nice job there were about 30 participants

ANOTHER THOUGHT FCHS .. YOU SAID YOU WERE PUTTING YOUR OWN RANKINGS OUT FOR LIKE TOP 25 IN EACH CLASS THEN A DARKHORSE COULD BE USED OFF YOUR RANKINGS JUST A THOUGHT ???

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Results...

fanofwrestling +10
ridingtime +7
Grapplerofold +5
KYgrappler +4
takedownmachin +3

State Pick-em’s  Last years rules)  Look them over FCHS I did like the pick the team and get 5 points but it's your game and time I just love to play lol ..Thanks it does take time ! We thank you

Name of the game is to pick champions for each weight class and give them points based on most likely to least likely. There will also be some bonus points for picking the winning team as well as picking a wild card. The one with the most points at the end has bragging rights, sorry no cash or gifts unless there is someone out there that wants to donate?

Point system:
  • Assign a number 1-14 to each champion, if they win you get those points.
  • Picking the winning team is worth an additional 5 points.
  • Wildcard = pick a wrestler that is ranked low and if he places high you get the difference in points. i/e if someone is ranked 12th and places 5thyou get 7 points.

14 brock ervin

13 stephen myers

12 austin myers

11 nathan boston

10 justin lampe

9 jayce carr

8 trea blackwell

7 caleb canter

6 wade holtzclaw

5 sean faus

4 jake burroghs

3 bobby bryant

2 bj carmen

1 dominic lampe

Team cc

Wildcard dylan west

I can see using the team as bonus points but whenever I run it I like to make it a tiebreaker. If Coach McCoy wants to get the volunteer committee together and do some rankings I am down for it but I don't have the data to make a full Top 25 for each weight that accurate.

14-Brock Ervin

13-Austin Myers

12-Stephen Myers

11-Kevin Cooper

10-Caleb Canter

9-Nathan Boston

8-Jayce Carr

7-Sean Fausz

6-Sam Preston

5-Justin Lampe

4-Chase Blevins

3-Jorge Vega

2-BJ Carmen

1-Jon Siler

Team-CC

Wildcard-Josh Jude

MOW- Jayce Carr

14 SAM 160

13 ATM 220

12 Fausz 132

11 Brock 126

10 Blackwell 120

09 Boston 113

08 Bryant 285

07 Cooper 152

06 Lampe 145

05 Lawson 106

04 Jaymilton 138

03 Mathews 182

02 Thompson 195

01 Canter 170

darkhorse = Justin McDaniel 195

Team Champs The Fighting Camels Of Campbell County !!!! Da Camels

And I'm going to make three new user names this week to have more chances to win I hate losing !!!

MOW SAM , THE PHENOM , No doubt about it anyone that knows anything whatsoever about the sport wouldn't even question it .

14- Brock Ervin

13- S. Meyers

12- A. Meyers

11- Cooper

10- Jayce Carr

9- Trae Blackwell

8- Lawson 106

7- Justin Lampe

6- Canter

5- Holdsclaw

4- Chamblee

3- Bobby Bryant

2- Boston

1- Lawson 132

Wildcard- Dezember

Jorge Vega 1

Nathan Boston 11

Trae Blackwell 7

Brock Ervin 14

Sean Fausz 12

Jayce Carr 9

Justin Lampe 5

Kevin Cooper 6

Stephen Myers 10

Caleb Canter 3

BJ Carmen 2

Darrius Parrott 4

Austin Myers 13

Bobby Bryant 8

Wildcard : Caleb Austin

14 SAM 160

13 ATM 220

12 Fausz 132

11 Brock 126

10 Blackwell 120

09 Boston 113

08 Bryant 285

07 Cooper 152

06 Lampe 145

05 Lawson 106

04 Jaymilton 138

03 Mathews 182

02 Thompson 195

01 Canter 170

And I'm going to make three new user names this week to have more chances to win I hate losing

14 SAM 160

13 ATM 220

12 Fausz 132

11 Brock 126

10 Blackwell 120

09 Boston 113

08 Bryant 285

07 Cooper 152

06 Lampe 145

05 Lawson 106

04 Jaymilton 138

03 Mathews 182

02 Thompson 195

01 Canter 170

And I'm going to make three new user names this week to have more chances to win I hate losing

lmao ... you do that but don't people your going to do it ... Congrats to CC on a great weekend ! and to your sons on another set of titles

Thanks , Austin was a lot sharper than last yrs regionals and Stephen had some quick pins all in the first I think , he ran over his finals opponent after a quick takedown and missed his pin a little over anxious and the Connor kid Warrick I think was a bit improved wrestle wise and physically than last time I saw him ,Connor has some

Studs it's hard to focus on all the teams you get caught focusing on the powerhouses and you overlook some on the rise , there are good kids all around ,

I like to win but I also have a responsibility to kids I like and have known , like Hiero actually it hurt me to see him lose at the same time I was very happy for Mathews who works his butt off and is my sons teammate on the mat and the field ,

I enjoy meeting people but every time I meet a new wrestler a kid who wants an works for it it kind of sucks because one day I will have to root against him or my kids will or I will see him lose a heartbreaker , as I said I hate losing I don't wish it on anyone , unless they are across the mat from my boys or their teammates . I blast on a few teams but I still feel happy for those kids who win that I know work hard unless they are total @holes ,like to see all the srs win my son being a sr this yr Of course I have a soft spot , and looking at his class and bracket even he ha a tough road , but he says he's going to :)/):) on everyone .

And yes if some big stud goes out of one of my kida weights I do breathe a sigh I relief one less obstacle for a state title I will always keep it real , glad Bryant is a Hvy ,

And yes its very cowardly and weak to talk smack about a kids dad openly where people can hear you after his kid who has wrestled for yrs and. Beaten some of the best takes a loss , easy to point fingers but it makes you a bigger a hole than the guy your talking smack about so loudly , never wanted to smack some fag so bad in my life , and you know who I am and know I am talking about you young pup feel free to correspond , and if any of you bad ass bigmouths ever have anything to say to me feel free to speak I hate most o the world anyway and it wouldn't bother me to crush your face wether you beat my ass or not it would still be funny looking at you with out any front teeth

14- Brock Ervin

13- S. Meyers

12- A. Meyers

11- Cooper

10- Jayce Carr

9- Trae Blackwell

8- Lawson 106

7- Justin Lampe

6- Canter

5- Holdsclaw

4- Chamblee

3- Bobby Bryant

2- Boston

1- Lawson 132

Wildcard- Dezember

I would say your the winner quite possibly but your last pick is probably wrong and your four is a toss up but a good pick

Don't know wildcards really ,

14. Austin Myers 220

13. Stephan Myers 160

12. Ervin 126

11. Fausz 132

10.Bryant 285

9. Boston 113

8. Carr 138

7. Blackwell 120

6. Chamblee 182 

5. Cooper 152

4. Justin Lampe 145