Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

Regions That Start on Friday Night

Not sure how many do, but I will say its a huge disadvantage! 1 less day of practice. Have to be at school all day and hold your weight until that night. Wrestle a couple of matches. Go home, try to get some rest, then have to turn around in approximately 8-9 hrs and make weight again. IMO, wrestle all day Sat., if the 5 match rule catches you, wait it until 12:01 a.m. to wrestle the next match. Just sayin.

Region 3 started this year.  Last year, poor planning, poor seeding, poorly run tourny-- SEVERAL kids had to come back on SUNDAY due to the 5 match rule.  SUNDAY???  That's after sitting there all crazy day Saturday.   Don't get me started again-- I voiced my displeasure last year and the tourny director about blew a fit over my comments.  OH WELLLLLLLLLL.

No way! Best thing to do is run through two rounds of championship head home and come back the next day and compete. No one in their right minds wants to wait til 12:01 to wrestle another match. And what advantage is 1 region going to have over another?

Just my opinion but I think it's crazy to have to make weight twice for one tournament??? I know it's always been that way but if you wiegh in Friday I don't think you should have to wiegh again saturday morning. I remember my jr year down state we wieghed Friday wrestled then when we was done went out to eat that night. I woke up saturday I was over had to run to make it.

That is the sport of wrestling. Not having weigh-ins on the second day puts kids at an unfair advantage. Just like in the sport of boxing it is neccessary to have to make weight two days in a row.

IWIN---12:01am? C'mon man! Use your melon.

Keepyourheadup--they don't have weigh ins in basketball.

really I didn't know that thanks for the info.... Thats why I hate email and forums cause I don't know if your just messing with me or being a sarcastic butt.

Ok, using my melon now.....ALL kids should weigh in 2 days even if they are in a 1 day Regional. Now, that makes it allllll better. Smiley faces and hugs.