sbfraz

KY TOC

With all the talk about youth and ms state and how to improve them, I'd like to throw a suggestion out there. Since we are starting this new KY Tournament of Champions, let's do it right. It should be a big deal with lots of hype. Awards need to be special, something totally different. Do spotlight matches for the finals. There's so much more that could be done but this is a start.

If we want to keep the youth state the way it is, we need to make this a premier event for the kids that work the hardest. They deserve it.

The top 4 placers from youth state and top 6 placers from MS state will be invited to attend the KY TOC. From my understanding, we will use USAW weight classes for the event.

Is this a new tournament? Or could you possibly have this confused with Team KY, which travels to the Ohio TOC in Columbus and that trains primarily at St. X and other locations during the off season. I know that this is what has been done in the past.

The top 4 placers from youth state and top 6 placers from MS state will be invited to attend the KY TOC. From my understanding, we will use USAW weight classes for the event.

So, this TOC is not just for kids that meet the age requirement for youth wrestling?

Is there a link to this info? Why isnt this info already posted on the forum?

This is what is posted on the post season tourney list.

03/30- Kentucky Tournament of Champions (St. X) Youth/MS (Invitation Only)

My understanding is that the kids will wrestle in USAW age/weight classes with it being both MS and youth placers.

The basic info is posted on the forum post listing the USA wrestling events. My concern is that we make it something special, not just like very other tourney.

Ok, now that state is over, can we get some info about this event? Coaches were told that info would be handed out at state and it was never even mentioned. I have a few kids that placed top four and are planning to attend. It would be great if we could get a flyer and details. It seems that most people aren't even aware that this exists. I really believe we should make it a big deal and push for strong numbers.

• Upvote 1

Ok, now that state is over, can we get some info about this event? Coaches were told that info would be handed out at state and it was never even mentioned. I have a few kids that placed top four and are planning to attend. It would be great if we could get a flyer and details. It seems that most people aren't even aware that this exists. I really believe we should make it a big deal and push for strong numbers.

I agree 100%. Blue is looking forward to this tourney. More info would be much appreciated.

I hate passing third hand info. But.....I had heard that there was a venue problem. St X doesn't want it held on a Sunday and Trinity has a problem with the entire week due to it being Catholic Holy Week. Plenty of other venues in Louisville, but I'm sure there are costs involved. Take it for what it is worth as I'm not sure it's accurate--heard from someone who heard it type thing.

If that's the case, it needs to be settled soon. We have already told kids and parents about this and many are really looking forward to it. I would hate to see it canceled. If St. X can't do it, they need to step down quickly and give the opportunity for another team to step up and host. Maybe Fern Creek? They always do a great job.

I hate passing third hand info. But.....I had heard that there was a venue problem. St X doesn't want it held on a Sunday and Trinity has a problem with the entire week due to it being Catholic Holy Week. Plenty of other venues in Louisville, but I'm sure there are costs involved. Take it for what it is worth as I'm not sure it's accurate--heard from someone who heard it type thing.

March 30 is a Saturday. Were they talking of changing the date to a Sunday?

The venue will be Fern Creek on March 30th. We are gathering info on invitees. There may be a challenge pool open to non-qualifiers in a "morning session to fill out brackets. More details by week's end.