legrider

State results

Yeah sure there's some bias. But tell me who has dominated their class the way Geordon has? No one. The points anyone had scored on him are the points he gave them when he let them up. Pinned and teched all the way through. No one has had a better tourney.

Sounds legit to me. Just pointing that he's from your school, right?

Much appreciation to whoever posts update brackets first!!

Yeah sure there's some bias. But tell me who has dominated their class the way Geordon has? No one. The points anyone had scored on him are the points he gave them when he let them up. Pinned and teched all the way through. No one has had a better tourney.

Sounds like an OW to me , but you never know .

Well, my opinion on the subject is the 140 for Woodford Co.  He beat my kid twice this year and I have watched him several times.  He is technically sound.  I thought the 140 for Trigg would be a match for him, but he tech fall'd him.  Anyway. Thought I'd weigh in.

The closet match the 140 has had all year was by the kid from Johnson Central (Gamble) he wrestled tonight in the finals. He beat him 3-1 in the regional finals. Androni is good but he's not on Blantons level as a wrestler right now. They already robbed Blanton from a MOW at regionals by giving it to the Woodford kid but no way he wins it over him this time. I think it had to either be Blanton or Sheffer( I thunk that's how you spell it) for MOW.

Yeah Blanton is from the same county as my son. They both wrestle for the Johnson County middle school team. But just about 6 years difference in age...lol

Kearns is a great wrestler but I still think Blanton and Sheffer dominated in a more fashionable way.

How did Kearns do in the finals? Between district region and first two rounds of state Coltyn hasn't been out of the first period. That's dominate- semis he pins with ease in the second. Idk what he did in the finals thou as I am not their

The closet match the 140 has had all year was by the kid from Johnson Central (Gamble) he wrestled tonight in the finals. He beat him 3-1 in the regional finals. Androni is good but he's not on Blantons level as a wrestler right now. They already robbed Blanton from a MOW at regionals by giving it to the Woodford kid but no way he wins it over him this time. I think it had to either be Blanton or Sheffer( I thunk that's how you spell it) for MOW.

Have to admit I've not seen Blanton before, but my son said he made one experienced kid look like a rookie today.  I wasn't sure who was talking about when he told me, but I looked at the bracket and it had to be Blanton.  I know Adreoni is solid so if Blanton is better, wow.  

I understand that's dominating. But Blanton would've tech pinned his first 3 kids if he didn't let them up and was still up by no less than 12 points on each when he pinned them with all coming no later than the second period. Kearns is a beast and I wouldn't try to take anything away from the kid he's great. I just feel Blanton was the best overall wrestler there today with the best skill set.

Blanton is defiantly a viable candidate and is truly deserving of MOW without a doubt. But not a lock for it. Cornet and the 230 from Conner are deserving as well. In my opinion it should be between those 3

How did Smith end up coming back through !!

Mason came back and took 3rd. I'm sure he was disappointed, but this loss will only make him better down the road. That kid is a hammer and will be a stud for years to come. Congrats to him and his family for an awesome season.

Very good , talking with a couple college coaches over the years they always seem

Concerned with how a kid deals with a big loss and are always impressed by a kid wrestling. Ack for third in a big one , it all good he will get his title one day making it all the sweeter , he will work on the roll throughs and tie ups head and arms suck

Yea mason came back and tool 3rd!!! I don't think the kid that beat him even placed!! Just shows you anything can happen. Mason is a awesome kid and will learn from that and come back stronger and better.

Mason ended up 3rd. Way to come back and finish strong.

Bluesdad, you said Geordon is about 6 years older than your boy. How old Is your boy? He is a very good wrestler but geez he's been wrestling middle for it seems like an eternity. He should dominate.

Thanks for all the great things people had to say about mason. I know he was very disappointed to fall a little short of his goal this year. I can say I was very proud of him to pull his self together and wrestle back. As a father I hurt for him. Wrestling is a very emotional sport for the kids as well as us coaches and parents. Thanks again for all the people that were rooting for him

Wanted to also say great job to Joey Roberts for winning a title. His dad is a great guy. I know he has to be proud of him.

• Upvote 1

Great job to my little buddy Blake Roth. Great job on your state title. I am so proud of you. You worked your butt off this year. Take a little break and I will see you Monday for lifting at our house. Lol.