7UP

What are the Toughest HS and MS tournaments, or duals in the State?!

The toughest middle school tournament has to be the bearcat brawl. The teams that coach Roth has put together is amazing. We should see some very good matches from some top level wrestlers. Good job coach Roth.

Who is in it ?It doesn't look as if any tourny comes close to the Rumble but I may be wrong someone should post the top three or four and who is in each and then let everyone vote , start the season off with a little fun , Ryle has some decent OH and Ind teams and I think a powerhouse Virginia team from what I am told and a few of the top teams in Ky Ryle themselves CC and Trinity just to name a few.

Looks like Ryle and Campbell County will get to see a lot of each other at least in one week in december both are in the Rumble dec 8 and a meet against each other on the 12 th.

Rumble is loaded and not a traditional bracketed tournament. Wresters have to win their pools to advance to championship pool. Always solid competition and a very smoothly run tournament. Looking forward to it. Also, love to watch Campbell Co and Ryle go at it. Can't wait...the season is upon us.

I agree with most on here, HS is definitely the RUMBLE. MS I think is the Bearcat Brawl.

Too bad these are both on the same date.

HS Rumble has some power hitters in it.

Campbell Co.

Columbus East INDIANA

Grundy VIRGINIA

Ryle

St. X

Trinity

Union

Woodford

Walton

MS Bearcat Brawl not too bad itself.

Campbell Co

Blennerhassett WEST VIRGINIA

Grundy VIRGINIA

Nashville Catholic TENNESSEE

St. Paris Graham OHIO

Mater Dei INDIANA

Lebannon OHIO

Nice tournaments!!!

Be awesome if both tournaments where on the same school complex so people could bounce back in forth and watch both.....

Pools? Why not just a straight bracketed tournament , the rumble is loosing some thunder for me .

Mpire, it's seeded so the top 4 usually make it out. With this setup the wrestlers are almost always guaranteed 5 matches instead of just 3-4 like a traditional bracket. I like the extra matches. Get used to this setup because Franklin, Rumble, and Western Brown are all the same format.

CCMS ,I like te seeding and I figured it was for more matches , not pointing fingers t anyone but in a tourny like this the seeds more than likely are wrong and everyone knows it , just satying been there seen it done it so if a kid loses in his pool

He may be out of the top pool sometimes depending on the set up !!! Not a fan , I do like more matches but they obviously are not as important as proper bracketing to me ,

Either way if your going to win you might as well beat everyone .

I'm not saying anyone would do anything unfair with bracketing or pool set up at a tournament or anything :)

• Upvote 1

Being in Nky , closer to the powerhouse folkstyle wrestling belt of the Northern United States .it would

Be odd if they didn't have the biggest tournaments in the state , not saying they are that far ahead of everyone else because I do not know , just like to keep it real and All the teams coming from around te state are whats

Making this tournament so apealing it's like a mini state tourny or state dual

Nearly all the hitters are there with only a couple of the top teams missing , im surprised there are not at least two other big tournaments in NKY that can come

Close to the Rumble , again I think CC should host a major tourny and perhaps another school or a few could work together to have a big tourny .

I have seen a lot of tournys like this many of the USA tournys freestyle and Greco do thi in Ohio and one of my boys has wrestled Hammer and Anvil in jr high although im sure the HS version is more competitive . I just do not expect it at a big tournament although I know some do run it that way I think the cheesehead is ran something like that .

I have seen Swowca try to seed kids from out of state and it is a cluster and people

Generally botch all the seeding but I rarely see a tourny get proper seeding , in comparison a Ranger or a someone like him can generally get very close to getting a ranking or seed correct but tournys are usually a bit far off depending on criteria wich usually throws in past performance in the particular tourny being seeded for wich makes sense to some

Degree as sort if a bonus for teamS to return yr after yr .

Either way it's going to be an awesome tournament hopefully the big guns get to clash te Indy team has some studs I have seen and there is going to be some big matches there quite possibly better than the state tourny being before Xmas many kids may be at a heavier weight and unlike duals no one will be bumping up or down from where they really are , in other words there will be some state champs from last yr going at it ............. Hells yeah it's almost time

Logistically speaking NKY might be easier to get some of these teams into KY, however, you have to be willing to ask for some of these teams to come to your tournament well in advance of the season due to a lot of power teams having their schedules set in March. Also, the individuals have to have an idea of what they want their tourney to be like. Do you just want it to be a tourney that fills a date for you, so your team doesn't have to travel or do you want to make it the baddest, toughest tourney to test your team? Who knows what your motives are, but IMO, if you are going to run a tourney you might as well work hard to bring in the best competition possible, run a very tight event with little to no delays, have an awesome hospitality room, arrange hotel discounts for your teams that have to travel, have great awards and bring in the best officials you can . If you can do this then your tourney will get better and better and teams will hear about your tourney and want to come back year in and year out. It's not rocket science by any means, but you have to have a group of individuals that want the same thing...not just one person. I know you know this, but tough teams seek out tough competition.