Sign in to follow this  
dutch

Most anticipated high school match ups

A friend and I talked about match ups we would love to see this year. I am more involved in middle school than high school However we came up with some names of matches we would love to see.

Rearic vs Lawson/Binder/Roth

Whalen vs Erdman/Lawson

Blackwell vs Shirkey/Boston

Ervin vs Brown

Lampe vs Fausz

Carr vs Lampe

Polly vs Jones

Hamilton vs Cooper/Myers/Jones

Canter vs Chamblee

Myers vs Thompson/Bryant

The weights were just a guess. Im not trying to predict winners. Just saying I hope to see some of these matches happen this year. These guys are all unbelievable wrestlers and it will be very exciting to watch. We made the same list for middle school. Just curious of what matches people were looking forward to seeing.

Those are all good but i saw a match at the Bluegrass games go ultimate OT A Myers vs Cataan 2 will be a thriller ,intermission at the State tournament it is a done deal .

No one has come out and said it so I will. The one match everyone wants to see is.

Drumroll please.

Kevin Cooper Vs Stephen Myers.

They are close to the same wt. and they have a couple of oportunities to meet this year. As some point and time they should shuffle the wt. classes and allow the two Titans to Clash.

honestly speaking i see the match of the century with extra fisticufs a few times a week ,holes in the walls busted noses chokes slams broken boards screaming moms barking dogs scared cats screaming babys ,game controlers used to choke an opponent furniture dashed to pieces squirt guns food fights fart fights fist fights karate fights kung foo fights sumo wrestling greco wrestling frestyle wrestling anything goes wrestling baseball bat wrestling igot more yrds than you fights i am smarter than you matches i am stronger than you fights i throw farther than you matches i kick better than you matches wrestle to see who sets up front matches you made me wreck matches i drive better than you matches my girls prettier than yours matches i wrap better than you matches i am ranked higher than you matches ,you lost to a turd matches ,your fat and wrestle noboby matches ,im the phenom your a fat @$$ matches ,

I have seen it for 16 yrs the best and longest match on the planet .

Lol ridemout you are obviously not hip to the advantages of having teammates that have went to a few different schools . But you may be right busted up ears smashed noses BIG SCARY rings and nasty dispositions might not be big draws but I have to admitt I know for a fact they know about four times as many as you do and I guess we may see one of those match ups sooner now lmao

Lol that's quiet fury , he's charging up . And I didnt say they got them I said they fight over who does get the most,I would say more but Stephen is from Colerain he talks funny and well I will just say he likes tan girls and he's not prejudiced lmfao .

Yes I think I complimented you on your "friend"at that dual word of advice keep your friends close your enemies closer and your hot chicks locked away .:)

• Upvote 1

People miss the fun match ups Hamilton vs A Myers

Hiero vs Cooper , S Myers , A Myers , Hamilton ,Mathews

Seeing as no one will say it I will be the first everyone wants to see his dads reactions lol

But Clay is ranked number 2 and he's just a "decent wrestler?"

Excuse me....Tevon Clay is a beast and has had an awesome career.....He did get injured, but is back strong......I see great things for Tevon this year and a few others at Franklin Co......Great kids and great coaches.....Remind me at the end of the season to tell you all "I told you so" !!!!!!!

If Superman and Wonder Woman had a baby named Chuck with adamantium bones , nursed it on Gamma Rays and it found an enchanted Hammer and wore a fancy green ring and rode around on a flaming motorcyle and it grew up and was going to wrestle in Kentucky this coming season .

He would run from 220

seriously

• Upvote 1

They have been all over Ohio before including Walsh Ironman lol PA ,ILL , ND,SC,IND,FL,IOWA, MICH and any other state with decent wrestling NY Maryland ,

But I wish they were going to Walsh this year and the next two , don't get on here and act like he hasn't beaten everyone near him in OH just as easy over the years trust me you have no one his grade or age that can come close to him he embarrassed everyone around him there the last two year he was there of course you buckeyes have short memories somehow 2011 I somehow yrs and yrs ago . 49 pins and 10 zip win in the finals of jr high state bumping up four or five weight classes from the previous yr to capture the OW a state title this yr a freshman national title an ow and an undefeated run at nat duals , he stands just fine nationally and so does his brother , look at all your state champs that have been beaten by him and answer Your own question .

I know most schools are not deep enough to have multiple studs at each weight and i notice its a topic of discussion for certain schools around the country ,so how many great matches are out there that no one will ever see because the kids are on the same team at the same weight ,how many schools have kids that might place or place higher but wont make it and who are they ,and what way is there for these kids to get to wrestle at the weight they want without screwing everything up or is it impossible ..My sons school has a few around the middle weight classes with this problem and thats probably the deepest classes in the state it seems the heavys are probably lighter as far as depth and the lightweights although some say they are not that deep seem so to me ,Im afraid to even say anything anymore because my brand of saying whatever comes to mind has unfair ramifications for others but this topic is a no brainer ,Kevin and Stephen could wrestle three times and sell out Alltech every time LOL and without question their weight classes will thin out to the point of people saying they are weak classes as they did last year with people leaving their classes who can become state champs in other classes which says volumes about the respect these guys demand from their Fellow wrestlers ,As a dad and person who has seen some of the KY kids as well as his own wrestle since they were pewee guys i want to see them all go out state champs because they deserve it so if they do wrestle state would be a bad setting in my opinion ,I have Seen Hiero, Kevin, Clay Brown,Stephen ,and Austin ,wrestle all over for many many years and i hope they all go out champs ,the only other really tough kid i had seen outside of the Northern KY kids Yenter, Fauz ,Hamilton, TJ,and i think a kid named ed Osborn i may have seen from ryle who was tough was Fahy and Jayce and you could tell he is that kind of wrestler who goes wherever wrestles whoever and is a stud as i am finding out so many others are .

Its hard to pick a kid you want to see win without seeming like a jerk to someone else who may or may not be as deserving its nothing personal and im sure if everyone knew every kid in depth it would be heartbreaking to choose or even have a favorite other than who you know has trained the longest and those in my opinion are usually the kids who you see everywhere for years ,Like Jayce, My boys, The Jones ,Hiero and Kevin and had i been in KY longer i am sure many others would come to mind for various reasons i know Fausz goes the distance as i am sure the Lampe's do from what i can see and Hear ,Younger kids i have seen travel a whole lot in the past Erdman from Ryle and i know Trevor Thompson from Connor has been traveling some and hitting big tourny an awesome win for him at TOC that he didn't seem to get big Props for "thats one of the bigger tournys in the country "now kids like Smith and Roth at Walton are taking up that mantle ,you have to cheer for the 100% ers or at least the ones you know are .As for Trevor i hope he goes 195 at least for state as well i would not want to cheer against him or take joy from seeing him lose or get ticked at him for winning ,i hope he and Austin can get some work in together and both come back State champs they seem to have the mentality that they would actually get a lot of work in .

Which brings me to another dillema ,of course your going to cheer for the kids on your team and i think everyone can see i am a home team kind of guy despite my obvious over bragging on my own two ,but while i was setting at state and watching Brock and Jayce who were on the team locked in battle with ours i enjoyed cheering and clapping for them and some others i had not seen which drew a few glances and a friendly comment or two from some home teamers who said hey they are the enemy ,Its nothing against the home team enjoying the sport and its athletes as it was meant to be enjoyed of course i wanted us to win but i could not help enjoy the sport and obviously talented kids ,of course had they wrestled or when they wrestled our kids i cheered for ours ,Its like when everyone watched Jude and Canter you kind of cheered for the under dog Canter but when Jude turned it on you had to say hey he's a gamer he wants it and he's not afraid to do what it takes ,that was a great match .

Say what you will i would have loved to see Stephen or Kevin wrestle him before then i wanted to see Austin wrestle him because of board chatter but well i just think Kevin or Stephen wrestling Jude would have surprised a lot of people i know they both can wrestle anyone any sise and they would have went after Jude and although Jude is a phsical specimen he does not have the wrestling knowledge Of Stephen or Kevin ,I mentioned it to people and they shook me off i think and i mentioned it to some SK people and they agreed they could have went with that big monster and probably stunned everyone ,im not dissing Jude at all im just speaking of an intersting match up and who knows Jude might of picked them up and stuck them quick with his strength and sise but i do not think so ,It s a shame Jude is gone because everyone would have loved seeing him wrestle a lot of guys because he was a specimen good luck to him i wish i could have seen him more and i wish i would have been around him more he was a freak he reminded me of lance Palmer when i saw him at OSU only Jude was still in HS and watching him i could only think had this kid focused on wrestling he would be a sure top college wrestling prospect and been talked about in rooms across the country not that he wasnt .

I had heard of Bradbury and think i saw him at Moeller super duals if im not mistaken wrestling for trinity as i said im not sure he looked tough and i would have liked to see him wrestle our 112 lber at the time LOL but he was a bit bigger and older .

Im not sure what the big machup was last year Brock and TJ was a big act to follow with two well known studs but Jayce and Lampe was on everyones mind afterwards i mean ask anyone 50 years from now who was there about it and they might remeber a handful of studs taking it to everyone but most will say i about sh!t when Jayce Carr Got Face planted by Lampe right off the bat:) they wont remember what team won they wont remember who won the olympics that year they wont remember any hooplah about transfers they will remember watching Jayce eat mat :)no disrespect at all He won again after a brutal start ,Newsflash :be on the lookout for every kid in the state to try and faceplant all their opponents this year at state LMAO

I can't wait to see Clay Brown and Joey Parrot get at it again.

Also would like to see Lampe vs Brock, i know Lampe is bigger but i think that would be a great match.