Sign in to follow this  
NO-OX 1

No-Ox Champ Camp/ Jesse Leng from Jeff Jordan

No-Ox Wrestling will be bringing Jesse Leng from Jeff Jordan/St. Paris Grahmn to North Hardin High School on Labor Day weekend. As soon as I can get a confirmed camp schedule I will attach a flier. More than likely we will be doing 3 sessions on Sat. and 2 sessions on Sun. More details to follow!!

Just to let everyone know this is a commuter camp.There might be a change in the 1st session start time, but I will let everyone know as soon as I know for sure. If there is a change it will just be pushed out to 10:00. As of now go with the schedule on the attached flier.

No pre-registration required, everyone will pay when they arrive. There is a change in the first session. Jesse will be coming from Ohio that morning so we will start registration at 9:00-9:45, with hope to be rolling by 10:00. The rest of the day will pretty much follow the schedule with minor adjustments . We will get in 3- two hour session on Sat. and 2- two sessions on Sun.

Just a reminder, all participants must have a valid USA Card. All cards expire on Aug. 31, so make sure and update your card ahead of time.

Just a reminder, all participants must have a valid USA Card. All cards expire on Aug. 31, so make sure and update your card ahead of time.

Here is what I get when I try to update my card.??

Individual memberships for 2012-13 are not yet available for purchase. Club charters and event sanctions are available for purchase below

I have talked to Keith Smith on the renewal of the USA Cards. He should the system should be up and running by Thurs. If there are any problems , I will have paper work on Sat. to take care of it.

Just a reminder on the camp start time. We will be doing registrations from 9:00 to 9:45. I have hopes to be rolling by 10:00. Looking at the forecast it is going to be a rainy Labor Day weekend, keep the boat in the garage,throw the wrestling gear in the car and come get the best technique available in the state of Kentucky. Everyone check out the No-Ox Shirt on JoeFlo at Flowrestling. Good stuff. No-Ox Champ Camp Labor Day weekend At North Hardin.

I would like to thank Jesse Leng, he put on an outstanding camp for us this weekend.I would also like to thank all the campers and their parents for supporting No-Ox Champ Camps. We had a great turnout with some quality kids from all age groups. I had a lot of pictures taken ,if parent and wrestlers who attended will check my No-Ox Wrestling facebook page tonight or tomorrow I will try to get them posted. Thanks again to all .We will be have another College Trained No-Ox camp on Sept. 29. I will keep everyone informed about the details as we get closer to the date.

This was a great camp. To get this level of training close to home in September was worth every penny. Several very good kids and parents from N. KY made the trip and that helped my son get great partners to work with. I would also like to thank Jesse Leng for making the trip to work with all our kids. Also, Joe B. for putting this together. For a coach to open up his home to several out of town campers to get them training and make it easy on the parents was impressive. What a great guy and what a great camp. Thank again!!!!!

Perry Floyd

I agree with kyor74. The camp was worth the trip. I can't say enough about the hospitality of joe B. Thanks for allowing Mason and the rest of the kids I brought to stay at your home. They said they had a blast. If I knew you were making steaks for dinner I think I would have brought a sleeping bag too. Lol. I saw a lot of talent in that room. I imagine we might see a bunch of those kids making it to state. Thanks again joe.

My son said it was a great camp and he had a great time. Invaluable mat time with some good kids and amazing technique. Most of all my son enjoyed his time at Joe B's. What a class act. You will not meet a better person than Joe. We are blessed to have him associated with Ky wrestling. I would encourage everyone to participate and support anything he is a part of. No matter what the event, you will benefit just being around a guy like that.

Rideemout, you were off just a bit. Coach Leng will be at Campbell County on September 14-15. I will post a flyer shortly. :)

Thanks to Coach B for bringing in a high quality camp to our area(Louisville). Happy to see someone step up and offer this program to KY wrestlers.

There were several current and future state champs/ placers there to take advantage of such a high level instructor in Jesse Leng.

The knowledge,experience,skill and intensity that Jesse brings is something every wrestler will benefit from. Looking forward to do this all again at Campbell Co in 2 weeks.

I am very surprised more kids in the Hardin and Jefferson Co area do not take advantage of these opportunities. As you mentioned zaniac, some current state champs and placers are doing their part to earn those spots on the podium. We know the kids out in the Union County area live and breath wrestling. If you want to make up ground on these kids you have to put in the work. Madden 13 with Oreos and milk get you one thing: a spot next to your mom in the stands when the medals are handed out in February.

I am very surprised more kids in the Hardin and Jefferson Co area do not take advantage of these opportunities. As you mentioned zaniac, some current state champs and placers are doing their part to earn those spots on the podium. We know the kids out in the Union County area live and breath wrestling. If you want to make up ground on these kids you have to put in the work. Madden 13 with Oreos and milk get you one thing: a spot next to your mom in the stands when the medals are handed out in February.

I was amazed that only 4 kids from the entire Louisville area attended this camp. Two of them spent their only weekend off from football in the North Hardin gym. The reality is there are very few kids in the Louisville area that wrestle/train yr round. It is equally amazing that with a 1-2 hr drive up I-71. One can find open mats thru the week all off season and Sundays year round. I need a car that gets better MPG!

I greatly appreciate the kind words from you guys. I have done no different than what the good people from Campbell Co. have done for me. It makes me proud to have the friends in wrestling that I do have and I think I made a few more this weekend. I'm like you all , I have four quality wrestling programs within 35 min from North Hardin, I had 1 wrestler from Larue(Dylan West) and 0 from the other three programs. I really should have had more from my own school. I could totally understand if it was just me running the clinic, but when you have one of the best clinicians that ever comes into our state,it really makes it hard to figure out. It would have been great to have more numbers at my College Trained camp and also for the camp with Jesse,but I look at it this way, with the two camps combined there were probably close to 60 wrestlers that would not have been on the mat those two weekends if these camps were not taking place. No-Ox will keep putting it out there, I'll keep trying to supporting my friends when I can, and with the network we are developing there is no doubt our kids will continue to get better and have the most fun doing it. Thanks again.