Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

State Fair

I have noticed there are a lot of sporting events that coincide with the State Fair ,do they have a wrestling tournament there ,Not to beat a dead horse or make comparisons because i am tired of them myself but Ohio has a freestyle tournament with theirs not sure if they have a folkstyle or greco with it .

Perhaps coach McCoy ,or someone else could get one started im sure it would take off ,that is unless there already is one .

Also lets have a tournament where the awards are Swords i have noticed in other sports they do this and kids love them ,only winners get real ones though we dont need any ticked of wrestlers running around arenas with a sword in their hand ,or some of those moms from woodford county either LOL

Hey im just kidding god love those hard core wrestling moms i admire them greatly .

Haven't been in a few years but almost certain Ohio state fair has all three styles. I was very impressed with the numbers. Kids from Illinois, indiana, Kentucky, west Virginia, Michigan were there.

I thought they might but i was not sure .It would be neat in Kentucky i know they have horse /barrell races and stuff /horse stuff and there is a Powerlifting competition it would be a neat place to have a large number of sporting events.I remember in Ohio the talk about their fair and it was usually mixed i think it was good but most of the heavy hitters did not do it.

It could be different in Kentucky .

I don't know about high school at the Ohio state fair but I know there were some national caliber youth that made the trip to wrestle. Harvey twisters from illinios brought a few of there little studs. I agree it would be great if Kentucky would organize one. It was pretty cool because after you were done wrestling you could check out the rest of what the fair had to offer. I know my kid really enjoyed it.

It is not a violation of KHSAA rules to wrestle when school starts. As long as a kid is doing it on his own and not with his team then he can participate in the event.

Grappler are you saying a kid can do a tournament on his own in kentucky duiring the season while he is wrestling for his team but not for his team duiring the tournament .

That would give KY kids quite an advantage a coach could send a few of his studs to some pretty big tournaments on their OWN and still have them for all his tournaments if he scheduled right .

that would be totally insane you could have a handful of studs wrestling in Iron Man Powerade and the like ,HAHAHAH i doubt it works that way that would make KY the most apealing state in the country ,please tell me it is so .......!!!!!!!!!

1. When school starts....."School starts".....meaning USA wrestling tournaments...Pre-season Nationals..ect...ect......The kids CAN wrrestle any events as long as it's not AFFILIATED with their school......Always has been that way !!!!!!!!!

2. When the season starts it's all through their schools....!!!!!

3. Powerade and Iron Man and the Beast ect ect would have to be through the schools.....!!!!!

Thats what i thought ,but how nice would that be to be able to do what actually benifits you as a person and wrestler .

The rules actually hurt HS kids in grade school and jr high my kids had well over 100 matches at times duiring the season ,once you hit HS you hit a wall that hinders what some kids have done untill that point .