Sign in to follow this  
Tim Reynolds

Forget Howe Vs Taylor

I'd rather see Howe vs Ruth!! Dake versus Taylor goes to Taylor despite the recent freestyle match. Steiber thumps Ramos again all next year and Jordan Oliver bumps up and wins 141.

Any other pending matchups to for which to look?

You really think that Oliver will bump up and not want the rematch? That match was so close with multiple close calls. I hope there is a rematch.

Hey JW, Oliver is way too big to go 133 again, I guarantee you will see him at 41 or 49 this next year coming up and he could compete very well at either weight. He didn't make 132.5lbs at the olympic trials and that is a 24 hour recovery period after weigh-ins so I doubt he could make it with only an hour or two recovery period. Also Tim, I'm going to have to say that I doubt Ruth will be at 174 again and will move up to 184. Steiber although I think will remain on top at 33 and will beat Ramos in the finals of nationals (just my prediction). I would like to see Dake and Taylor go at it in folkstyle so it will settle discussions on who will beat either because freestyle is a different game but I give the strength and mental edge to Dake. Honestly I would like to see a match between Chris Perry and Ruth because last time they wrestled which was in High School, Perry won.

I have read the struggling with weight piece, but after the takedown / no takedown at the end of that match, I would love to see the rematch. Any time you have two great wrestlers and previous controversy the last time they wrestled, it makes for a good match.

Taylor beats Dake!

Lastly - that is a really odd combination with a username Hawk-Eye and a Golden Gophers icon.

Thats a good point JW about if there were a rematch between the two. I doubt it will happen but maybe little bigger Stieber will give Oliver a match if they wrestle next year.

I'm still calling Dake over Taylor because he just man handled him at the Olympic Trials, plus Dake looks like he may be stronger than him too. Granted though Taylor had just got beaten up in a physical match against Howe. Both great wrestlers, great technicians but completely different techniques.

Haha yeah, I didn't really think about that until after I created the username. I'm a big fan of the show MASH and one of the main characters is named Hawk-Eye hence why the username and big Minnesota fan over here.

Ill take Ruth against Howe, Dake over Taylor and Stieber over Ramos. Of course considering how long do we have to wait for these matchups, I may change my mind by then.

Wish it was coming up soon.

Looks like your wish has been granted. Taylor and Dake are going to wrestle 165 at the NWCA all-star this November. Flowrestling also said that Dake is planning to go 165 this year. I love David Taylor but I will have to take Dake. Should be a great match

Brent Metcalfe won by T.F. over Caldwell a few years ago at the NWCA. Obviously a totally different story in the NCAA finals. Taylor is just so dominant and can make a close match a blowout in a hurry. I saw what he did to Sponsellor a few years ago and it was brutal.

That being said, how can you bet against a returning 3 X NCAA Champ? Especially when Dake owned him at the Trials--totally different sport though. Cornell wants the national title and if Dake can beat Taylor in Des Moines who knows what can happen in the team race. I'm pulling for TOSU Buckeyes though!

Kyle Dake is a stud. Very much in your face kind of wrestler. He will be a issue for anyone that wrestles him.

However, he is no David Taylor. Yes Dake beat Taylor at the trials, but then again totally two different types of wrestling. Plus if you watch the match, Dake snatches Taylor's leg in the second period, almost like catching David off guard. If they wrestle that same match 10 times, Dake wouldn't get that leg like he did. I'm not saying he wouldn't beat Taylor again, but it would be like that.

I think Taylor will be two much for Dake should they wrestle a folkstyle match.

Check out these stats:

Dake career college record. 100-4 with 26 falls.

Taylor career college record. 70-1, now this part is mind blowing to me, especially at the college level. Out of those 70 wins for Taylor, 23 of them are falls, 24 are tech falls and 17 are major decisions. That is pretty amazing.

Dake better strap it on tight should he decide to stay at 165.

They are wrestling November 3rd or 4th (can't remember the exact date) at the All-Star classic. If both stay at 165 they could meet up at the Southern Scuffle also this year. I'm thinking and pulling for Dake in this match. If you noticed though bearcat's coach, Dake wrestles a real dominate stay on top and ride style as compared to Taylor who goes for takedowns and tilts the whole time.