Sign in to follow this  
Bearcats Coach

Walton-Verona MS Bearcat Brawl Dec. 2012

Over 70 ranked kids on the KY Middle School list are competing on the Brawl tomorrow. How do you think they will do against the hammers that are coiming in from OH, TN and IN?

I'm sure we will have some ky placers. Winning it might be a different story. Lol. If I had to pick a winner I would have to say Casey Cornett from turkeyfoot. He is a stud. I would imagine ranger with bring a few studs from Campbell county. I hear they know a thing or two about wrestling. It should be a good day and a tough tournament. I'm always excited to see good wrestlers compete

MS Brawl, it's finally over! A lot and I mean a lot of hours went into putting this tournament on. Whether it went over good or bad, this tournament couldn't have happened without the help and support of many people.

I first want to thank all the kids that participated in this years tournament. When it's all said and done its ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!! We had some great and awesome competition. Some exciting finals and semi-final matches. It was exciting. The fans were great and the crowds were crazy, but fun to watch when they were cheering for their teams. That GRAHAM crowd was crazy and passionate. Talk about a team that follows their wrestling. It was a lot of fun.

I want to say that without the help of our parents, this tournament would never have happened.

They put countless hours into this event.

Big THANK YOU goes to the administration of Walton-Verona School district to let us host this event. Thanks you for your support!

Without the help/support of my coaching staff, this doesn't run smoothly. Brandon Cornett, Andy Mulcahy, Jon Eschan and Brian Williams...THANK YOU! You guys are awesome.

A special Thank You to Jon Eschan, he put in a great deal of time prepping for this tournament.

Without his help there would be no tournament.

A great big shot out and thank you to Jason Moore and Campbell County parents. Thank You Thank You Thank You, for help work one of our tabels/mats (All Day).

And to Jim Wilbers, who helped run the tournament with Jon Eschan. Jim does a great job of keeping the tournament on schedule. Unless I switch things up on him LOL! Jon and Jim should market themselves out and run tournaments. Call it the Jim & Jon Tournament Doctors....ha! Thank you guys for all your help!

And last, to my wife. THANK YOU! She is the one that keeps me all together. Except when I'm coaching my kid, then I'm that typical crazy dad/coach lol....She spent hours on this event. The Hospitality room is all her!

I'm sure I've missed someone. Anyways thanks for all those that put time into this tournament.

Zaniac and Dixie Holub thanks for your kind words. You're kids performed very well and we were glad to have them. They should be commended for stepping up and showing they can compete. Hopefully, they saw some good competition from KY, OH, IN and TN.

Feel free to let us know how we can continue to make this tournament better every year. We are always open to any suggestions that will help the overall success of the day and the event.

Walton Verona what a great tournament the hours you put in to make this happen showed from the way it was ran to the competiton you had participate. Hope we can make it in again next year. I would also like to thank the parents of Walton Verona for putting in all the work to make this happen. I know they couldn't enjoy it like the other teams but it did not go unnoticed

Walton Verona what a great tournament the hours you put in to make this happen showed from the way it was ran to the competiton you had participate. Hope we can make it in again next year. I would also like to thank the parents of Walton Verona for putting in all the work to make this happen. I know they couldn't enjoy it like the other teams but it did not go unnoticed

Thanks Coach. We do appreciate you making the trip and your boy helped increase the competition level. I love watching him wrestle. He's a great kid with a special talent. Glad we could get him in.

Great Tournament! Wilbers should definitely hire himself out as a tournament coordinator. He always does a fantastic job! Your whole team (coaches, parents, wrestlers, friends, etc.) did a great job with this tournament.