Sign in to follow this  
overtimeking

state finals next year

103 aaron carr vs elliot martin (martin wins by points)

112 voth vs sullivan (sullivan wins by pin)

119 wood vs josh johnson (wood by points)

125 coty lewis vs matt eck (lewis by points)

130 ben warner vs cassidy veach (warner by points)

135 peace vs howard (howard by points)

140 malcom jackson vs ashbrook (jackson by points)

145 courtney vs saunders (courtney by points)

152 stevens vs banks (banks byu points)

160 wolsifer vs cooper (toss up)

171 rupp vs jones (jones by points)

189 steven watson vs will starks (toss up)

215 jacob watson vs chaney (watson by points)

hwt young vs byrd (young by points)

guys who make upsets espinoza at heavy matt green at 89 dockery or fuller at 215 issacs at 52 name a few there are soem i am forgettin i know but give me your opions

How about some of these corrections,

119 Wood over Luna (how can you forget Luna)

125 Lewis over Voth (Voth another you may have forgoten)

135 Peace over Howard

140 Thuenerman over Ashbrook (Daniel runs away with it this year)

145 Courtney over Ervin (Saunders may not beat Wasson for this Wt.)

152 Banks over ????

160 Wolseifer over Wolf

171 Cooper over Jones (the Coopers clan win state as seniors)

189 Starks over Green

215 Byrd over Watson (I refuse to believe Byrd will go Hwt  :-D)

Hwt WIDE OPEN

I seen Cooper a few weeks ago, and he doesn't look like he's grown much...I'd be very surprised to see him at 171 next year.  I wish him the best of luck and hope he does win state....but 171 would be a stretch for him i think.  I may be wrong.  I believe he could win it at 171....he's a VERY smooth wrestler...i just don't think he'll be that big.  Between 145-160 will probably have the 4 best wrestlers in the state this year in my opinion.  It would be a shame for Banks or Cooper to not win a title!  I hope it shakes out well for them.

Guest DAWG6

103 aaron carr vs elliot martin (martin wins by points)

112 voth vs sullivan (sullivan wins by pin)

119 wood vs josh johnson (wood by points)

125 coty lewis vs matt eck (lewis by points)

130 ben warner vs cassidy veach (warner by points)

135 peace vs howard (howard by points)

140 malcom jackson vs ashbrook (jackson by points)

145 courtney vs saunders (courtney by points)

152 stevens vs banks (banks byu points)

160 wolsifer vs cooper (toss up)

171 rupp vs jones (jones by points)

189 steven watson vs will starks (toss up)

215 jacob watson vs chaney (watson by points)

hwt young vs byrd (young by points)

guys who make upsets espinoza at heavy matt green at 89 dockery or fuller at 215 issacs at 52 name a few there are soem i am forgettin i know but give me your opions

I think this would be easier answered by saying who is the TOP four individuals contending for the semi finals.

You can't pick the finals as several of these kids could be matched up in the 1/4 or semi's.

Oh by the way there are several other top names that are quite capable of being in the top four. But I applaud the interest.

I seen Cooper a few weeks ago, and he doesn't look like he's grown much...I'd be very surprised to see him at 171 next year.  I wish him the best of luck and hope he does win state....but 171 would be a stretch for him i think.  I may be wrong.  I believe he could win it at 171....he's a VERY smooth wrestler...i just don't think he'll be that big.  Between 145-160 will probably have the 4 best wrestlers in the state this year in my opinion.  It would be a shame for Banks or Cooper to not win a title!  I hope it shakes out well for them.

I see these four (Cooper, Banks, Wolsiefer, and Courtney) in seperate wt. classes.

It doesn't seem possible that I remeber Banks and Cooper wrestling each other at Campbell County MS State Tournament when I believe they were sixth graders, Josh came out on top by a point or two on a half mat match and Pat's come back at least once to beat Josh. Two great kids going into their senior year with comparable achievements. They have both been great ambassadors for the sport and both have won (and lost) with great dignity and character. These two (I believe) have a great admiration and respect for each others abilities and accomplishments and both will be greatly missed by the Kentucky wrestling community after this year.

someone once showed me a spreadsheet with the results of those early m.s. state tournaments...and it's funny to see how a lot of those same names are todays state champs.  there was 1 weight class, and i believe it was cooper's & banks that had like 4 or 5 kids that have all placed in the top 3 in the state at one point.

good point happy, my son got to wrestle banks 1 time, and even though he got smoked...he was very impressed with just how good of a sport and a gentleman banks was....nothing but clean wrestling!! 

I couldn't agree more to all of these replies.  It would be nice to see them all in seperate weight classes.  Usually I like to see the best competition but in this case these guys are all such good kids, I'd like to see them all win.

145- Courtney

152- Banks

160- Johnny

171- Cooper

Outside of Cooper being able to be at that weight, nobody would touch these guys in these weight classes.

I'd like to see Thuneman get his title wherever he ends up.  He's been the guy to beat the last two years, and had something go wrong in the semis both years (Derek Scott hitting headlock with waning time and losing to a guy he beat three times).  He clearly had Scott beat two years ago, although i didn't see the match with Powers ... perhaps the 4th time wrestling or whatever Powers had him well scouted. 

i think that thuneman gets his title if he stays at 140, but i don't see him beating the likes of banks, courtney, or ervin at the higher weights

He's not outclassed by those guys, at least Banks and Ervin's credentials are no better.  And Courtney didn't smoke Banks by any means, he eeked that out.  Of course Courtney's so young, and therefore should still have more potential to develop.  So by next year i'd see Courtney as outclassing them all.

I'd have put him on par with Banks, and undoubtedly with Ervin last year.  But yes, having to go through them makes things a lot more difficult for him.  As a fan, i'd love to see him go where one of them go ... however.

Guest DAWG6

I see these four (Cooper, Banks, Wolsiefer, and Courtney) in seperate wt. classes.

Wouldn't this be great semi-finals matches :evil:

Draw straws to match them up.

I can not comment on Steven Watsons abilities since I have not seen him wrestle. But he didnt wrestle regions or state last year, and the year before he went to state but did not place. My question is who has he beat or what has he done to put him in the same catagory as Will Starks. Overtimeking says their match would be a toss up that means Steven must be pretty good!

steven watson beat every rankd guy he wrestled besides nick nession and him and jacob watson practice 3 or 4 times a week togther with matt troxell who wrestled 52 for mccreary and they both beat him but less then 5 points

Rumor has it that Starks wants to drop back down to 171. He apparently had to go 215 or heavy at some summer tournies, but if he thinks he can do it I'd say he either has a lot of character or is (freakin) crazy. Best of luck though Will, whatever weight you go.

starks was at the bluegrass state games at 215....he looked every bit of 215.  if he's planning on getting to 171, i hope he starts early (like today).  he really seemed to have grown since last season.  i know 189 is supposed to be a meat grinder next year...but still....if he's even at 205, that's a LOT of weight to cut!

In my openion Starks cutting down to 171 would be the worst thing he could possibly do.  189 is stacked right now that is true but theres not one kid at 189 that I think has a chance of knocking him off.  I could be wrong I dont think I've ever seen Steven Watson wrestle and he sounds really tough so he might give Starks a good match but other than that I think Starks is a level above everyone else.  When he goes back down to 171 he runs into Rupp who almost defeated him in the WCI finals last year.  Also if he is cutting 30 lbs. it should effect his wrestling.  Just hope Woodford makes the right decision, which they seem to do every year.