halfhalfhalf

NHSCA Nationals

So far I have seen:

J Erdman, J Shirkey, E Matthews, A Myers, S Fausz, S Myers, P Hamilton

I think there are 5 or 6 more guys down here. Wrestling starts in a couple hours.

Surprised there is not more discussion about this and other nat tournaments CC sent 5 , 2 fresh 1 soph 2 juniors .

Juniors - Myers & Hamilton

Soph - Fausz

Fresh - Myers & ?

Fresh ,Eli Mathews CC

S . Myers wins first match by pin in the 1st period .

Got a great seed should have a decent shot at placing .

On the other hand HTH does an undefeated fresh state champ not get ranked ?? Wrestling rat tails ?? Perfect scenario for him .

Jerry haywood of fort Campbell is in the round of 16 in the juniors division.

Gino Haywood advances to the rd of 16.

Ki Ryder wins his pig tail tail match to move into round of 32 and drops into wrestle backs.

Both meyers brothers advance to rd of 16.

• Upvote 1

No CC kid has lost. All in the round of 16, s Myers had a pin then a 14-4 win, hamilton had a pin and then a 7-1 win. Fausz had a bye and then beat the new York state champ 8-0 matthews pinned his kid and had a bye. And then A. Myers had 2 byes. Hamilton and Myers are in same weight class

Dont know about a lot of kids there but on stephens side vitale is pretty well established and on Hamiltons side there is a Mathews i believe who is pretty good and Marcus Sheidel from Oh is a good wrestler ,Austin has a PA kid his second match and i rarely see a Scrub come out of PA they are generaly all studs ,Mathews i think placed in Iron Man and beast of east ,watching stephs bracket I saw Wyat Music get pinned and he is a good wrestler from Oh wrestled steph in grade school finals his sixth grade yr then the kid who pinned Music lost by 2 so its pretty stiff comp all around at 145 ,it will be great to place there ,But Austin better win or i will make him suffer horribly:)

Every kid from CC who has wrestled has won out so far , no matter how it ends up evidently they can win some matches in big tournaments ,

With Stephen and Paul both in top 16 in the same class I would imagine that probably makes them the best two training partners in the state next year , and with freshman from CC hitting these tournys I think the void left from losing two state champs gets filled a little .

G$( d@nj it i said you cant beat everyone just wrestling on your feet ,you must be a complete wrestler in order to be great top bottom neutral end of story ,no bs i will win on my feet ,so much for the X BOX workout ,Fauzt and A,Myers still undefeated

Austin better pin out or im gonna explode ,LOL it happens good luck boys ,we love u

Fauzt ,Myers,Myers, Mathews ,all in the placings moving on Eli and Stephen in conso's Shawn and Austin in championship bracket still ,Hamilton lost a nail biter i heard something like 3 OTs

Shirkey also is in championship semifinals. He just got beat.

Fort Campbell's Ki Ryder (sophomore 160) and jerry Haywood(junior 152) both knocked out finishing 2-2.

Daviess county Cory Curtis(sophomore 160) finished 1-2.

Fauez wrestled a great match and is in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the CC kids and all the KY kids good luck in the placing rounds and im betting CC has two nat champs shortly ,4 placers is a nice accomplishment although i think someone just got a wake up call ,

Very happy to see the boys place and even happier that they learn hard work pays and if you slack you lose to lesser opponents if you work and do what you know it takes to win you make it look easy ,...

PIN em all Austin

Father knows best,..........Always

Congrats to all who went, and especially the ones who placed. Very cool for a nky wrestler to bring home an OW and Nat. Championship, Austin myers is a freak of nature. I suspect this won't be his only nhsca title..

• Upvote 1