Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Wrestling Specific Training

Anyone interested in wrestling specific weight training and conditioning we have a few spots open for our after season training group,

We generally run about 8 to 10 man groups where we partner up kids close to the same sise and weight , not so much for the lifting aspect as for the drilling that is used as part of our routines .

We have access to a great training facility in Kenwood Oh right next to Kenwood mall ,

We try to go twice a week with two hour sessions .We are currently looking into locations in Ky and can have training there but the location in Kenwood has superior equipment Various sleds ,ropes ,sand bags ,tires ,chain equipment , medicine balls , outdoor track , outdoor weight equipment ,and much more.

Our group consisted of High School grade school and jr high state champs and placers last yr as well as some second yr High School wrestlers who improved greatly this year winning some Ow awards in tournaments in Oh,

We try to cover all aspects of the sport and not only train our kids but teach them how to train drill and improve, it is an intense group seeking only the most serious athletes , guest trainers will include Terry Bryan , 1008 lb squat cover man for powerlifting usa magazine considered one of the strongest men on the planet and owner of Terry Bryans training center Sugar Ray Hammonds multiple time tough man champion,FX world tough man multiple time finalist and runner up , Mr Cincinnati , and NPC Masters Nationals top four finisher . Stephen Myers undefeated OH state champ in 2011 undefeated KY state champ in 2012 winning fastest pin and most pins in least time,three time All American and Double AA nationally ranked winner of multiple youth jr high and HS state titles in folk style freestyle and Greco wrestling as well as a former nationally ranked MMA naga Fighter .Austin Myers 2 x Oh jr high state champ and OW winner,winner of multiple style state wrestling titles and a Tulsa youth championship and multiple top 3 finishes,and an OH Naga state MMA champion,current iundefeated Ky State HS wrestling champion at 220 as a Freshman.Chris Myers IPF KY state teenage powerlifting champion 3 x Mr Northern Ky ,Teen Novice and Open ,6 x Ohio Open powerlifting champion ,Battle of Champions overall champion NPC official and certified Youth Wrestling and Football coach for over ten years,

Anyone interested please pm me with your info this is not school oriented and all serious wrestlers are welcome . All are welcome

this sounds intense and fun.. my kids are young, but im hoping to get them into wrestling in about 2 or 3 more years, hopefully you will be doing this for years to come, when they are old enough i would love to get my kiddos involved. you obviously breed success, stephen and austin's accomplishments speak volumes.

I hope so I love training and kids ,I'm just a big kid myself my kids started training at around 7 and 8 yrs old conditioning core and limited weight training ,hanging out in gyms around a wide variety of athletes who are motivated to be champions in my opinion helps create a training and sports oriented lifestyle and that's much more important to me than simply training kids for a seasonal sport ,being around athletes from different sports introduces kids to a wider variety of training much of which helps create that difference or edge over the majority of kids who go through the same training as most other wrestlers ,

In the right setting the kids will feed off of the athletes around them and I have noticed that most athletes fighters ,power lifters,bodybuilders , football players , whatever ,are generally astounded with the abilities of most wrestlers once they actually watch what they are capable of ,in our gym there are no kids from different teams there is only our team .

Its not a very big deal to take a kid who is already a stud and train him and make claims of being a great trainer in order to build up clients , take a kid on the bubble o from scratch and help him achieve his goals and you know you are doing something .

Feel free to come and watch us once we get started its hard work but we have a lot of fun as well . I try to keep them competitive and it's generally a surprise who actually outlasts most of the group when you are mixing in a lot of training techniques it's who's in best shape overall conditioning strength agility all aspects are covered I have seen a 12 yr old outdo everyone and heavy weight jr high kids leave ripped up in condition High School state champs looking like they never trained a day in their life. Its always a surprise

Hopefully a chance to learn some things that are generally not covered in wrestling camps open Matt's or everyday practice , I think it's the kind of thing that gets kids over the hump and the things we go over should stay with these young men even when their wrestling shoes are old and dusty .I enjoy wrestling and the athleticism that it involves a crazy explosive move the speed strength and ingenuity it takes is amazing to me I never had the chance as a young man to do all the sports I would have liked , I changed High Schools Ten times so I chose a sport I could do no matter where I was I power lifted and trained with weights I made it my passion it's magic to me .

When a person can change their strength appearance quickness cardio and everything else that goes with it there's really nothing else that can compare at least to me . Of course it's what i do and have always done and my only success has been with those obsessed with winning those people who want it , I was never very good at taking advantage of my knowledge because I cannot be fake and this of course has cost me I have no love for the many trainers who lead people around blindly for a dollar .

I'm no saint but I guarantee ten times the results for one fifth of the cost and I would love to train as many hard working kids as I could . I am sure to get blasted but I could train a dozen teams for a few weeks each and leave them with the knowledge to change themselves and their teams forever if they chose too.It's a hard thing to try and make someone realize there is a better road than the one they are on when they have to admitt they are lost and know little about what they need to know to keep up or that there is more to it than what they are doing or have been doing for a long time , you have to adapt to grow literally , I can admitt without hesitation I was never a great wrestling coach and never will be I'm old crippled and cannot show moves even if I knew them all.

But what I can say is I know more about weight training dieting than any wrestling coach I have ever met ,

And yes I don't have to be modest I am a confident person and when my kids see that confidence they in turn feel confident that their efforts are not In vain. And busting your but on occasion with them helps .

As i said before all are welcome looking forward to starting things up over the next couple weeks the interest shown so far has been great it will be fun to see kids from Ryle ,Boone co ,X ,Campbell Co , Grant co,Lakota OH, Reading Oh,and hopefully many more very happy to see the interest and hopefully everyone will meet some of their goals if not all of them .I also have some plans for a lift a thon series to help teams raise money or kids raise money for training or tournaments It could be great for the state the sport and the kids be neat to raise money for every kids team for throw dummies training equipment etc I could bring the judges that would add an extra flair to the events it could be a lot of fun for everyone and help the whole state maybe raise money for Team Ky .

Looking forward to getting started and all the interest shown has been great , with so many looking for training it may actually help out as far a cost goes we get the gym to ourselves on the weekend with so many kids and that should lead to even greater workouts "and we get our own music " I ask that dads / moms/ kids bring a notebook there will be many things of interest covered in our sessions and I'm sure there will be question asked that can usually be covered by someone who will be available and I'm a big believer in keeping track of progress it's a hassle but can be a valuable tool in achieving goals ,

Looking forward to meeting those I have not met and hoping everyone can meet their goals , can't promise all around state titles but I can promise everyone will learn a lot more than they expected and it will probably be a bit harder than expected as well.

Looking at possibly switching Sundays to Saturdays but that will be up to the majority , may be able to do both .

Looking to get things started within the next two weeks . We have a good core group that should make it easy for the newer kids to catch on a couple kids still have jr high state in Oh.

Football players and others are welcome but we have wrestling drills we do . Our gym is impressive not in it's sise but in its history and we have great diversity in equipment as well as trainers and athletes , pretty impressive list of athletes on the walls I hope some of the kids who will be training there are hanging up there one day . Looking forward to getting started everyone interested should pm me or call I would like to partner everyone up with someone close to their sise and ability but if some are to small or big it will not matter as for age I think some are ready before others and the paranoia of starting to early is simply that .

The cost is 250 $ for ten 2 hr sessions with package deals for family members or groups ,

Considering your average training session in a health club cost between 30$ to 65$ per hr i think we offer a good deal ,

We have never turned anyone away for financial reasons though.

There has been quite a lot of interest and we may be looking at 4 sessions a week giving people a choice and greater opportunity to make it.

Looking forward to getting started this weekend. Everyone interested should get in touch with me either by phone or pm once again , we were waiting for jr high states to end in Oh, it should be a nice mix a few Oh kids and hopefully a lot of KY kids .

There has been a lot of interest from parents of kids all ages and sizes, we should have a great year and I'm trying to accommodate everyone's schedule as best as possible along with the gyms hrs. If I get enough kids we will go around 1 or 2 pm till 3 or 4 on sun with the gym mostly to ourselves .

I think everyone involved will be pleasantly surprised at what they will learn and gain from out trainers as well as each other. I'm very confident this will get better and better as we go and grow.

Thanks for all the interest shown thus far and please forgive me if I have forgotten anyone or anything or missed a response. We have had a lot of messages and calls .

Thanks, Chris Myers

Terry Bryan's training center 7791 Montgomery RD Cincinnati OH 45236.

513 793 7867

793 pump

Looking at a noon start time but I will have specific times tomorrow ,

Turning left off the Montgomery road exit from 71 you pass Kenwood mall Kenwood rd then it's a sharp right next to the BP on the corner of Kenwood and Montgomery ,

Looking forward to getting started and meeting everyone in person . Be sure to bring a notebook and be ready to work . Hopefully the weather holds up its awesome when we can stay outside .

Starting at 10 am Sunday at Terry Bryans this Sunday Gyms open from 10 to 12 and if we get the numbers we can go later .

Hope everyone can make it,.

We had a good first day with some very hardworking kids , Walton Verona , Franklin Co , Campbell Co , and Western Brown/ Moeller had wrestlers there all training hard ,looking forward to meeting the new kids and watching these guys improve during the yr , good luck to the Ky jr high studs at nationals and to the Oh beast at Ourway.

Saw some strong kids who were a little out of shape and some young kids who will certainly build up some strength as we go , should be a great yr looking into just one day sessions as some people are very far away and some have busy contest schedules and do multiple sports ,

Man that was great! Thanks for having us. That sled put a whoopin' on them! We will try to bring some more Franklin County kids with us next week.

I was very impressed with Stephen and Austin (and Joe.) Nice young men and great attitudes!

They are a little ahead of the game they trained all yr last yr they are good kids with ups and downs like everyone else , if you noticed some kids who had strengths in one aspect of training had a little tougher time in others very impressed with the speed in which the kids caught on hopefully the younger kids try to catch up to the older ones and the older ones admire the effort of the younger kids ,

I plan on having parents push that sled sooner or later it helps build respect for the efforts of the kids lol it about made me pass out today and my legs almost went into spasms but my time was about half what it was last year in the beginning of our training one of the boys beat me by 1 second at the end of the year , I know it's not fair they do stuff before we hit the sled that I do not , never said I was going to make it easy on them , guessers I should have warned everyone about the tires being a mess , hopefully we get the ropes back soon .Bring all the Franklin kids you want if they work as hard as the one who. Ame today it will be great , have him do 400 push ups a day at least 3 times a week not before our workouts , it will build up his upper body strength my right arm has some serious damage and I can't go heavy and it helps have him hit those wall walks , and no I cans do a single one but I might have the parents try them as well lol .

We had a great time today. I know my son was very excited about the session. Looking forward to training in the future. I was very impressed with each exercise and how it helped on the mat. The tire was a killer. Soon as my son finished he looked at me and said "when are we coming back". Thanks again

• Upvote 1

That's great it's tough butt the variety makes it fun for the kids I like when they are competitive with each other without the bickering with the different types of training we will be doing one kid might be ahead of another and then behind in the next exercise , your boy actually surprised me on the tire he outdid his physical structure there's an old saying for kids land guys like him that come to mind something about some kinda strong , he will do well as I'm sure they all will had a good group today hopefully the oldest kid there picks it up he can be pretty amazing at times but has issues with baby brother being a tank , all th younger kids tore it up on the spin drill I was impressed they all obviously are well trained wrestlers . Hope my mediocre wrestling advice can help them I like drilling to be perfect . Next time we will do the platform jumps . Not sure if I will have the kids work on squats yet to much info and technique to absorb clean an presses next a well Usually hard for kids to pick up on but these guys seemed to pick up on everything quick , it will be good glad the weather was nice it makes it a lot nicer , when it rains an it's warm out the sled is fun we have fast times , wait till its hot an the sled drags on the blacktop it's evil ,

I have plans for a rope sled you run pulling it behind you then you hit a distance stop turn and row the sled to you , navy wrestling team does it that way it's awesome stuff ,

It's fun working this kind of training in my specialty if I had any would be powerlifting or nutrition but this type of training is exciting to me , good kids from Walton they have a bright future in the sport .

Hopefully we get enough kids to hit it once through the week I think some more CC kids might show up and I have a Grant Co kid or two who might show up as well as a few OH kids ,

Sunday 10 am , a lot o kids are wrestling but we are still going with however many show up it may give is a chance to work on some more stuff and focus more on each kid , good workout last week and I think all the kids had some fun , it will get harder I'm sure (:

Great job today , good turnout from the Ohio kids ,good luck to all the Kentucky wrestlers at nationals this week hope to see everyone back soon , good stuff today Terry Bryan showed some great strength / coordination moves the sled was fun and no on will be wanting to do box jumps for a while . Perfect weather made it a fun day