Sign in to follow this  
BadMadDad

New rules for KY MS Wrestling

Tyler is in middle school. That's a pretty ignorant question. Let me say this again since your Alzheimer's is kicking in. ” Not one private school has approached me about Tyler”! Including St. X! As a matter of fact, St. X's football program doesn't even know Tyler exists. And he's been one of the top middle school football players in Jefferson Co for the 3 last years.

Tyler is in middle school. That's a pretty ignorant question. Let me say this again since your Alzheimer's is kicking in. ” Not one private school has approached me about Tyler”! Including St. X! As a matter of fact, St. X's football program doesn't even know Tyler exists. And he's been one of the top middle school football players in Jefferson Co for the 3 last years.

Ignorant question huh? Obviously you are really hung up on the whole Tyler issue. I didn't bring Tyler in this conversation, you did. I didn't say one time that Tyler had been recruited, you did. St. X recruits....period! Trinity recruits.....period! Lexington Catholic recruits.....period! Get it? I may have Alzheimers, but at least I'm not blind as a bat and can't understand English. Understand the words coming out of my mouth, recruiting happens! A lot! All the time! This was never a thread about you and your kid, like I said before belltones, Tyler is a great kid. I wish him the best. Bottom line is recruiting is a part of every sport.....period!!! Turn a deaf ear, close your eyes, and do whatever it takes to make you sleep at night.
  • Upvote 1

If you can't handle my answers don't ask the questions. You said ” but can I say the same about St. X”!

Your original post was specifically mentioning River City & St. X like you know what goes on there. Then you ask questions about River City and St. X , but don't like the answers cause I refer to Tyler, who wrestles for River City & is my Son! Who's experiences should I talk about? Someone in E-Town, N. KY, Paducah? And now you drag Lexington Catholic in this. Smdh

Sorry for River City guys being so defensive about the recruiting comment, it has been a sensitive topic since districts. Reason being is that a particular coaching staff was heard making the following statements:

- All River City does is recruit.

- They don't develop any wrestlers, they just wait until someone else develops them then they take them.

And the capper

- Watch, I bet if so and so wins, River City will be coming after him next.

Got to me as a River City guy because I know that it isn't true, as well as it it a slap at the abiltty of our coaches. Then I began looking at our lineup logically (I know that is foreign to some on this board) and came up with THE FACTS. So here you go:

70 - Pledger - Started @ River City- 4th in State

75 - Fitzhugh - Started @ River City- 5th in State

80- Kraesig - Started @ River City - 2nd in State

86 - Cook - Started @ River City - 3rd in State

92 - Binder - Started @ River City for 5 years, left and came back - State Champion

98 - Miles - Started @ River City - 3rd in State

140 - Frankrone - Started @ River City - 2nd in State (Hurts to type that 2nd in state line.)

168 - Calhoun - Started @ River City - 6th in State

- Want more .......?

- Out of 25 District Placers, only 4 wrestled anywhere else other than River City. One of those was Binder, who as was mentioned before, wrestled 5 years for River City, left for 4, then came back.

- Also, if River City recruited, why would they have any weight classes not represented in duals? Seems like if you were a top program which there is no question that River City is, you would have no issues fielding a full lineup of quality wrestlers. That is not the case in some of the heavier weights. All of the kids above Calhoun were first year 7th graders who came to River City to "try out wrestling" or just "workout to get better for football".

I was here in the begining, when we were not winning as much. I watched the program develop through very, very hard work, sweat and dedication to the sport, both in season and off. If you want proof, come to one of our practices and see. Whoops, hope that didn't come off like a recruiting offer.

• Upvote 1

But would u do the same for St. X?

I would, most kids that go to places like X or Trinity have already been enrolled in private school previously and already had the intention of attending those schools. Over the years being involved with youth sports ands coming from a football program that has won championships several years running, I have never seen a coach or administrator from any private school ever approach any public school kids about coming to any of their programs, but I have seen coaches, teachers, athletic directors and even principals from public schools approach kids, even my own son as to where they were planning on attending high school and the great things their school had to offer.

I don't think that there is any recruiting, but after seeing that college like campus at St. X (beautiful complex), I would definitely be all ears if someone called for my kids.

It really does not matter private or public, city or county....parents at the end of the day are going to make the decision that is in the best interest of their child for educational, athletic, and personal needs. If they don't, then shame on them.

If a private school did give a reduced tuition why would you not jump on it if it was the most beneficial for your child. Think about your job right now....if your biggest competitor called right now and said I will pay you double, do you really have that much loyalty to your current employer when it would be more beneficial to your family and their future.

I don't see anybody arguing over the gifted kid who gets reduced tuition at the private school so why do we care about the athlete with good grades that gets reduced tuition.