Sign in to follow this  
Broke Back Wrestler

Toughest Region 06-07

Whats the toughest region going to be next year?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the toughest region going to be next year?

• Region 1
    • Region 2
    • Region 3
    • Region 4
    • Region 5
    • Region 6
    • Region 7
    • Region 8

Region 1 will have Union County

Region 2 will be tough with North Hardin and Larue

Region 3 ???

Region 4 will be tough with Seneca and Trinity

Region 5 will have many good individuals and Fern Creek

Region 6 will be tough because its region 6

Region 7 will have Harrison and Woodford

Region 8 will also have many good individuals

Guest DAWG6

Region 1 will have Union County

Region 2 will be tough with North Hardin and Larue

YOU MIGHT consider Anderson County & John Hardin as well.

Region 3 ???

Region 4 will be tough with Seneca and Trinity

Region 5 will have many good individuals and Fern Creek

Region 6 will be tough because its region 6

Region 7 will have Harrison and Woodford

Region 8 will also have many good individuals

Right now I have to go with Region 8.  I have Wayne Co., Sheldon Clark, and McCreary Central all as top 10 teams plus Johnson Central a top 20 team.

Next, I have Region 7, Region 5, and Region 2 in a dead heat.  Region 7 with Woodford Co. the only top 10 team, but very good teams in Dunbar, Harrison Co., and Henry Clay.  Region 5 with Fern Creek the only top 10 team, but very good teams in Eastern, Oldham Co., and South Oldham.  Region 2 with strong teams in Larue Co. and North Hardin and tough teams with John Hardin and Central Hardin.

I see Region 6 still rebuilding this upcoming season.

I would say the best way to measure "toughness" is to guess which region is going to have the most state placers and state champions.

No region 4, Ranger?

I have Region 4 and Region 6 in the next group.  Region 4 has top 10 teams in Trinity and Seneca and St Xavier likely to return to top 20 form.  Region 6 has no top 10 teams, but Ryle, Scott, and Campbell Co. are top 20 teams.

Union Co. will be carrying the banner for Region 1. Region 3 is a tough pick, but Bullitt Central will likely be the team to beat.  With those kids gaining some experience last season maybe they can take the next step and have a few high placers at state.

Lafayette is going to be better than most expect in region 7. They are returning 1 State Placer in Alex Allman and Matt Green from Apollo (4th at State) moved back to Lafayette this summer. They also will be returning some good seniors and juniors. They have worked very hard over the summer and I think some of you will be surprised at their success. Coach McCoy and Coach Ealey have worked hard to make this one of the better teams in the region.

i think region 8 is the toughest to there are alot of possible state plasers or finalist in this region

sullivan***

vinzant**

daniels**

killburn*

winchester**

jacob watson***

steven watson**

espinoza***

roe**

harlow*

stevens**

howard***

chaffins*

kelly**

dials*

spencer**

freeman**

singley*

bringing onieda baptist in the region to there all athletic and strong they could make a good showing lawernce,perry,ashland,and whitley county tough region

region 7 is a close number 2

*could win a couple or make a good showing at state

**placers

*** finalist

Sorry, my vote goes to region 7.  Someone could put a list that long together of just Woodford and Harrison Co guys. 

I will give you Sullivan and Howard as finalists.  But here goes finalists from Woodford..

Lewis (very likely, but 125 a very different animal than 112)

Courtney

Starks

Byrd

Thats more from one team than the whole region.  Harrison Co could possibly contribute a couple.  Counting placers, if you put those two together undoubtedly you'll get roughly the same number of placers you've listed.  And there's definitely other guys from region 7 not on Harrison or Woodford that will place.

Guest DAWG6

Why would I consider naming Anderson County and John Hardin I was just naming the good teams?

I thought the Question was: Whats the toughest region going to be next year? 

When you look at some of the kids from those programs Region 2 is just as tough as other top two.

Sorry, my vote goes to region 7.  Someone could put a list that long together of just Woodford and Harrison Co guys. 

I will give you Sullivan and Howard as finalists.  But here goes finalists from Woodford..

Lewis (very likely, but 125 a very different animal than 112)

Courtney

Starks

Byrd

Thats more from one team than the whole region.  Harrison Co could possibly contribute a couple.  Counting placers, if you put those two together undoubtedly you'll get roughly the same number of placers you've listed.  And there's definitely other guys from region 7 not on Harrison or Woodford that will place.

I think Harrison has some issues to deal with.  Yes, Woodford will be tough as usual.  But top to bottom, there is a big drop off after Woodford.

This is based on Rangers pre season rankings.

Most placer Top 6 Top 4 Finalists Champs

7 with 22 2 with 18 2 with 12 5 with 7 5 with 4

2 with 20 7 with 16 7 with 11 7 with 7 7 with 4

5 with 16 5 with 13 5 with 8 6 with 4 1 with 2

6 with 15 6 with 10 4 with 7 1 with 3 6 with 2

8 with 14 8 with 10 6 with 6 2 with 3 8 with 2

4 with 13 4 with 9 8 with 6 8 with 3 2 with 0

1 with 7 1 with 6   1 with 5 4 with 1 3 with 0

3 with 5 3 with 2   3 with 1 3 with 0 4 with 0

When I use these places and give them placement points I came up with this.

1.  Region 7 with 154 placement points

2.  Region 5 with 135 placement points

2.  Region 2 with 135 placement points

4.  Region 6 with 98 placement points

5.  Region 8 with 90 placement points

6.  Region 4 with 76 placement points

7.  Region 1 with 66 placement points

8.  Region 3 with 16 placement points

Most placer Top 6 Top 4 Finalists Champs

7 with 22 2 with 18 2 with 12 5 with 7 5 with 4

2 with 20 7 with 16 7 with 11 7 with 7 7 with 4

5 with 16 5 with 13 5 with 8 6 with 4 1 with 2

6 with 15 6 with 10 4 with 7 1 with 3 6 with 2

8 with 14 8 with 10 6 with 6 2 with 3 8 with 2

4 with 13 4 with 9 8 with 6 8 with 3 2 with 0

1 with 7 1 with 6   1 with 5 4 with 1 3 with 0

3 with 5 3 with 2   3 with 1 3 with 0 4 with 0

When I use these places and give them placement points I came up with this.

This is based on last season, correct?  I thought we were talking about 06-07.  What are the numbers with returning guys? 

1.  Region 7 with 154 placement points

2.  Region 5 with 135 placement points

2.  Region 2 with 135 placement points

4.  Region 6 with 98 placement points

5.  Region 8 with 90 placement points

6.  Region 4 with 76 placement points

7.  Region 1 with 66 placement points

8.  Region 3 with 16 placement points

OK.  I was just looking at the team finishes, which is based on those rankings.  With 3 top 10 teams in Region 8 (which implies a pretty solid lineup top to bottom) that only leaves one spot in most weights for a guy to squeek through.

Ranger - What issues are you talking about at Harrison Co. ? They have quite a few experienced wrestlers returning this year along with a group of Freshman and Sophomores that will be able to contribute this year.  They only lost 4 wrestlers last year.  And yes, they were good wrestlers but I don't think that makes them "down and out" this year. 

Ranger - What issues are you talking about at Harrison Co. ? They have quite a few experienced wrestlers returning this year along with a group of Freshman and Sophomores that will be able to contribute this year.  They only lost 4 wrestlers last year.  And yes, they were good wrestlers but I don't think that makes them "down and out" this year. 

Basically - 1) they have not been wrestling much to my knowledge this summer and 2) they have some work to do to be mentally tough enough to get more than 1 or 2 placers this upcoming season

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I know that Sanders, Ashbrook & Coy are going to Campbellsville Camp this weekend.  I have been told that a few of the wrestlers have wrestled in tournaments this summer. 

Ashbrook was going to wrestle in the NHSCA Open in virginia beach, but was sick when we got down there and was unable to make weight and wreslte.  He would have gotten his second all-american award again, seeing that he was seeded in the top 6 there. Most of the Harrison kids wreslte in the summer, just not at tournments.  they run there own practices and have their own workouts for the ones that want to go.  Most of the team plays 2 or 3 sports beside wrestling so that they are staying in shape