Sign in to follow this  
Givemethatdouble

Ft Knox

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/prep-wrestling-roundup-saturdays-results-0129

WRESTLING

PREP

FORT KNOX INVITATIONAL

FORT KNOX — Results from Saturday’s 16-team tournament at Fort Knox High School:

TEAM RESULTS

1. Central Hardin 239.50 points

2. Christian County 194.50

3. John Hardin 142.50

4. Ohio County 132

5. Jeffersontown 124

6. North Hardin 104.50

7. Caldwell County 87

8. Louisville Western 84.50

9. Spencer County 72.50

10. Louisville Doss 66.50

11. Owensboro Apollo 59

12. Fort Knox 57

13. Nelson County 40

14. Graves County 24

15. Louisville Fairdale 21

16. Bullitt Central 20

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS

1. Central Hardin (239.50 points)

106: Cody Thomas 0-2

113: Nick Coffell, third 4-1

120: Jared Coffell, fourth 3-2

126: Wyatt Overman, champion 4-0

132: Cody Mardis, second place 3-1

138: Andrew Lee 2-2

145: Tyler Elmore 3-2

152: Nick Waits, champion 4-0

160: Ryan Woodrum 0-2

170: Cody Floyd 4-0

182: Zach Blackburn, third place 4-1

182: Trey Jaco 3-2

195: Brett Rafn, runner-up 3-1

220: Charles Saling, third place 4-1

285: Matt Daugherty, runner-up 4-1

12. Fort Knox (57)

106: Rayvin Edayan, fourth place 3-1

120: Alex Wendel 1-2

126: Jordan Diamond 2-2

138: Andre Dean, fourth place 3-2

170: Steven Traylor, second place 3-1

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/content/prep-wrestling-roundup-saturdays-results-0129

Saw a video of the finals match between Agnew (caldwell) and Polley (Christian). What a joke. First there was no escape that should have been given with 4 second left when Agnew still had full control. Second, that take down Polley got in the next 4 seconds should not have been awarded. I have no dog in this fight but he got screwed out of a win and a potential regional seed spot because of that.

the match between Boone and killebrew was the worst officiating i have seen. the ref cheated Boone out of 3 points to lose 4-2. this match also effects regional seeding. I believe KHSAA should do something about the refs that arent qualified to officiate.

Ok ukpridewrestler11, I was there and saw that match, you say no escape should have been given. Was there a loss of control, before you answer get out a a NFHS rule book and read what is loss of control and while you are at it read what a take down is and go the points of contact and learn the rules. Rules cahnge over time and they are different now, they've changed since I wrestled in HS and college and have changed over the past 20 years. Page 69, pictures 23-33 will help you understand the rules as they are applied TODAY!

Another call that has changed over the past 20 years is when a takedown is awarded. For instance, when both wrestlers on feet and one is behind locked up...if the defensive wrestler puts one hand on the mat, that establishes 3 points of contacts with the mat...that equals a 2pt. takedown. That was a call some thought was blown at same tournament. Actually, it was 100% correct. 20 years ago (even 5 years ago) the wrestler was required to show control with defensive man with 4 points of contact and offensive man behind (as in referee position) with the objective "get your twoooo!"...or even leg clip and be slightly to the side. It is the responsibility of the coaches to educate their kids on the evolving rules of our sport. This post is meant to help coaches and kids out there...with just one evolving rule. I am finding it useful to re-read my rulebook EVERY year.

• Upvote 1

Yeah dosscoach, once that one hand (or most cases both hands) make full pressure and stay contacted that is two, even if the wrestler in defensive position raises their hands back up.

And I will have to watch the video again. I only saw it once, but from what I remember, there "seemed" to be no loss of control at all. I can only say seemed because I saw the match on video. But anyways, it doesn't matter now. I challenge more people to become refs though. It's my first year doing it, and I enjoy it very much.

once that one hand (or most cases both hands) make full pressure and stay contacted that is two, even if the wrestler in defensive position raises their hands back up.

How does the rule book determine "full pressure" and has there been a clear distinction sent to all officials on how to properly make that call? I have seen several coaches yelling at officials about this very rule this year whenever their kid would hit a slide-by, arm drag, etc and gain standing back control and the other kid would touch the mat. I have seen the call made both ways with the same scenarios. Dont think that all of our officials are on the same page with this. You can touch a hand to the mat and not have that much weight on it - certainly not "full pressure"

I'm not a big fan of this rule

Not sure where you are getting this "Full Pressure" term at when talking take downs. Rule 5-25 Sec 25 ART 1 states "when the majority of the the defensive borne on hand(s), it is considered supporting parts(s). look at picture 24. Now, if you look at it like a 3 leg table with another person bearing weight on that table (the other wrestlers body weight) it's safe to say that the majority of weight is on that hand. With that said I am old school as when I wreslted you had to have the guy on the mat and be in control of the hips, but rules change and so have I when calling a take down.

Like a lot of rules, it's black and white but the application is a bit of a gray area and up to the opinion of the official. I usually don't say much about that particular rule being discussed. To me, if the wrestler who is now in a somewhat defensive postion were to raise his hands off the mat and said action would cause him to fall forward, then that's a takedown as there is enough pressure on his hands at that point that he needs it for balance. If the wrestler can raise his hands off the mat and still stay balanced and not fall forward, then IMO no takedown should be awarded. But again, it's up to the opinion and discretion of the official and you can't really argue that.