Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Region 1

Anybody going to attempt the top to bottom rankings? It is still early and I know that everybody hasn't seen everybody yet. But by now most people have decided what weight class they will be at and have got to see some competition.

But if the season were to end now who would be the Region 1 representatives going to Lexington?

Just to agree 145 is beastly.

Also, in looking at the region, I believe there will be more than 2 or 3 returning state qualifiers from last season that might not make top 4 this year.

Ok, we have not seen many regional opponents this year, but are set to dual Ohio Co. and Caldwell Co. tomorrow night and of course Region 1 Duals this weekend. I am going to post the regional rankings (top 4) based solely off of Ranger's state rankings. This is really only to gain information, such as who is what weights, who has beat who in Region 1, etc...

Austin, CHR

Thacker, HOP

Dezember, UC

Kline, TRIGG

Killebrew, CHR

Blackwell, UC

Boone, OC

??

Wurth, UC

??

??

??

Ervin, UC

Willen, UHA

Moore, OC

Sahms, FTC

Carr, UC

Gilkey, CALD

Humphrey, CHR

??

Polley, CHR

Gahafer, UC

Bennett, OC

??

Ervin, UC

Wynne, PT

Montgomery, UHA

Haywood, FTC

Hall, UHA

Risinger, UC

Curtis, DC

??

Courtney, CAL

Hulett, UC

??

??

Sheffer, UC

Kennedy, OC

??

??

Mayton, DC

??

??

??

Crutcher, CHR

Smith, UC

??

??

Stevens, TRIGG

Lynn, DC

Wilkins, UC

Nikolao, FTC

Dawson, CHR

Brown, UC

??

??

• Upvote 1

Lots of upsets!!!

Trae beat jj. Matlock from Christian beat gahaffer.

Union won the region. Christian finished 2nd Ft

Campbell finished 3rd and Daviess finished 4th.

Union co and Fort Campbell are going to the state duals.

Lots of upsets!!!

Trae beat jj. Matlock from Christian beat gahaffer.

Union won the region. Christian finished 2nd Ft

Campbell finished 3rd and Daviess finished 4th.

Union co and Fort Campbell are going to the state duals.

And no I am not gonna do a massive rankings thing again, it takes way too much work and I am not able to see anybody wrestle anymore and I know from experiance you can't rank kids off of results alone

I eat my words gentleman, what follows are rankings/predictions the best I can give them being in Kentucky for all of 5 days for the past few months. I beg of you please tell me any results or wrestlers I've missed, there are a couple cases (138/145) where I was basically tossing a coin for who would win, and there is a chance your wrestler who you know is going to win the region is currently sitting at 5th at his weight. I also apologize that the format isn't uniform, I am very tired.

1. Caleb Austin CHR

2. Jeremiah Kline TRIGG

3. Robert Dezember UNION

4. Travon Thacker HOP

1. Trae Blackwell UNI

2. J.J. Killebrew CHR

3. Chase Boone OHIO

4. Derek Miller PT

1. Jeff Wurth UNI

2. Asa Odoms CHR

3. Frank Rosario PT

4. Joey Insko DAV

1. Brock Ervin UNI

2. Wade Willen, UHA

3. Lydell Dyess, HOP

4. Daniel Ingram, TRIGG

1. Jayce Carr UNI

2. David Sahms, FTC

3. Billy Moore, OHIO

4. Chris Gilkey, CALD

1. Kory Matlock CHR

2. Chad Gahafer UNI

3. Jacob Bennett OHIO

4. Justin Wynne PT

1. Kory Polley, CHR

2. Keegan Agnew, CALD

3. Gabe Ervin, UNI

4. Nighgell Davidson FTC

1. Jake Risinger UNI

2. Jerry Heywood FTC

3. Colton Hall UHA

4. Kyle Bunch OHIO

1. Beau Sheffer UNI

2. Ki Ryder FTC

3. Joe Sisco GRAVES

4. Austin Durham TRIGG

1. Charlie Courtney CALL

2. Zak Thompson PT

3. Kane Morris UNION

4. Jared Franklin FTC

1. Tyler Wilson CALL

2. Brian Carter. UNION

3. Brian Mayton DAV

4. Bradley Easterling OHIO

1. Aaron Stevens TRIGG

2. Devin Smith UNI

3. Derik Overstreet PT

4. Josh Orenella FTC

1. Tim Nikolao FTC

2. Rashaud Wilkins UNION

3. Ryan Linn DAV

4. Noah Kennedy CALD

1. Shane Speed GRAVES

2. David Dawson CHR

3. Raynel Brown UNI

4. Dominic Hephner CALD

There is truth to that. He is dropping to 106. FCHS, good job on the rankings. They are about as good as you can get. I know Brian Carter for Union went 5-0 at 182 beating Daviess, JV squad, Trigg, Christian, and Ft. Campbell and Ohio on thursday (quite possible it was their JV Ohio guy tho). Reshaud Wilkins went 5-0 as well beating the same teams at 220. Devin Smith went 5-0 as well beating the same teams at 195. Agnew at 145 has been impressive all season, really think he can challenge Polley at 145 and claim his title two years in a row at regions. GIlkey is stuck in a tough weight class. Clay Revelett (Caldwell) went 3-1 @160, losing to Ft. Campbell only and beating Trigg at the regional duals. Give him time to get better conditioning after returning last week from his injury after being out almost a month I think he will be seeing state this year. Whoever sees our region from 132-145 at state isn't going to have any cakes at all first/second rounds even all the way to the 1 vs 4 matchups. Very good rankings though.

EDIT: I don't know if the guys I mentioned wrestled JV or Varsity guys from those schools they beat, just know they beat those teams. FCHS, you can check for me on the Ft. Campbell/Union to see if they wrestled the varsity guys. Score was 79-0 in that dual.

Well keep Asa where he is at 120, people kinda forgot about him but he was a heck of a wrestler in his own right. Although Frank Rosario could very easily find himself in the finals if he wrestles smart. Austin can fit in anywhere from 1st to 3rd at 106. I would probably even put him 1st based off his victory over Kline at regions last year and his performance at state making the round of 12.

Concerning 182, I would have no qualms dropping Drayton and putting Union's wrestler in. Drayton is atheletic but this is still his first year and he hasn't done as good at 195 as I thought he would. 182 is a case of no clear frontrunner and it will basically go to whoever shows up that day.

Ok I edited the rankings with my new information and now I am going to attempt to post team rankings. For those of you who haven't seen them already my individual rankings are on the other page. NOT PREDICTIONS

1. Union County

2. Christian County

3. Fort Campbell

4. Trigg County

5. Paducah Tilghman

6. Ohio County

7. Caldwell County

8. Calloway County

9. Daviees

10. UHA

11. Graves County

12. Hoptown

13. Apollo

14. Owensboro

I did a quick little formula based off of my rankings in most cases, 4-8 where all decided by the formula cause I couldn't decide between them. The formula went 10 points for a champ, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th. In cases such as UHA being over Graves and Calloway being low despite having a #1 ranked wrestler, I took other wrestlers who will either place 5th or 6th or even just win a match into account. Now as these are rankings and not predictions I will say I expect schools like Ohio County and UHA to do a lot better as they historically turn it on when they need to.

Ok I edited the rankings with my new information and now I am going to attempt to post team rankings. For those of you who haven't seen them already my individual rankings are on the other page. NOT PREDICTIONS

1. Union County- 92

2. Christian County- 55

3. Fort Campbell- 31

4. Trigg County- 20

5. Paducah Tilghman- 15

6. Ohio County- 13

7. Caldwell County- 11

8. Daviees- 8

9. UHA- 8

10. Graves County- 13

11. Hoptown- 4

12. Calloway County- 10

13. Apollo- 0

14. Owensboro- 0

I did a quick little formula based off of my rankings in most cases, 4-8 where all decided by the formula cause I couldn't decide between them. The formula went 10 points for a champ, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th. In cases such as UHA being over Graves and Calloway being low despite having a #1 ranked wrestler, I took other wrestlers who will either place 5th or 6th or even just win a match into account. Now as these are rankings and not predictions I will say I expect schools like Ohio County and UHA to do a lot better as they historically turn it on when they need to.