Sign in to follow this  
Just Wrestle

Woodford Co.'s Coach Parks Retires

I agree.  A great career for a good guy.

Many moons ago when I wrestled against his guys I literally hated him.  I had the same opinion as many others do today that they (Woodford Co.) were conceited and poor sports.  BUT, as I got older and got to know Rusty as a fellow coach, I realized the exact opposite.  Yes, they are very confident and proud of who they are as anyone would be who put so much time and effort into becoming that good.  But he always treated me well, welcomed my teams (small teams with little talent) to his tournament without question, and still shakes my hand and stops for a few minutes to talk even though I am no longer coaching.

Statistically, The best coach KY has had yet.

Without a doubt a great career. His team has broken more records than we know.

Many knew it would be comming soon. 

He has had a great career at Woodford Co.  Maybe the greatest dou in Ky wrestling.

Fortunatly for me I wrestled so far back Woodford was not in thier hayday yet, at the beginning of Rusty and Joe's career.  One of my favorite memories is when Joe Carr came up to me after a tough loss at state and congratulated me and told me how much he likes to watch me wrestle.  I didn't even know who he was, I just knew he was a huge man from Woodford Co.

I know this won't be the last we see of Rusty. 

Maybe we should now call the Coach of the Year Award the "Rusty Parks Coach of the Year"