Sign in to follow this  
mat-king

East Oldham Duals @ East Oldham Middle

1st River City 2nd Elkhorn 3rd Oldham County........................but it was a strange day, Elkhorn had some issues and gracefully gave the 2nd place spot to O.C.............................hard to explain....................but was a pretty commendable act by the coach, since he felt it was the right thing to do. Like I said, hard to explain, alot of things went on that I hope we dont experience for the rest of the season. Had nothing to do with East Oldham and the way they run their tournament, they did a good job overall, minus adding the two B teams. I would've rather seen the two pools of 5 I was expecting instead of a round robin of the three top teams from the three pools of four by adding the two B teams. Overall good tournament, congrats to River City.

Any good individual math ups ?

alot of them but most memorable for me was Kraeszig (River City) and Jacobs (Elkhorn) what a battle, I think the final was Kraeszig 5-0

This was a great match, The ref didnt give none of Jacobs takedown points to him. The ref also didn't give Kraeszig 2 of his points so the score should have been Jacobs 8 and Kraeszig 7. All day long the refs screwed up on kids matches, Two coaches got into it with the refs, So next time don't use those refs use some that won't cheat.

• Upvote 1

Heard Calhoun got beat pretty bad? Congrats to Emerson. Great job to Connor kraesig beating A state champ. Did Taran and Aj wrestle? What's all the drama about? Heard it was a pretty exciting day to say the least.

• Upvote 1

Calhoun got teched by Emerson, his only loss so far this season. AJ pinned Tarrin pretty quickly. Connor and Corey had a great match, I guess some of the pointing could've been questionable but with the new out of bounds rule and no extra area around the mat I'm not sure. The drama's not even worth mentioning.

Does anyone know if there are any middle school tournaments on Decmeber 10th that could still accept a team? I am with the Five Star club that is affiliated with Lafayette in Lexington. We thought we had a tournament scheduled but it did not work out and we somewhere to go. Please let me know as soon as possible.