Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Region 1 Predictions

Ohio Co. should send 9-10 wrestlers to state. They have a couple new wrestlers coming in from out of state, one is a state qualifier from Virginia. Ohio Co. is looking at several first this year, FIRST Region One Team CHAMPIONSHIP, FIRST individual state championship, First Coach of the Year...

When Ohio is at their best they are really good. But Union is a whole different sort of team. State qualifiers from Virginia aren othing to frown out, as anybody who remembers Zack Bontrager can testify. The big 3 in the region are Union, Christian, and Ohio followed by Fort Campbell and UHA. Then it goes just about everyone else. Dual wise Fort Campbell has beat Christian the past two years, but tournament wise Christian is still the better team with two potential state champs in Killebrew and Polley.

It took a week of trash talking to get anyone from region one to wake-up and respond to this post. IT'S ABOUT TIME !!! now we can get down to business. Chase... maybe 120. And,IT aint no mountain for a climber!

It took a week of trash talking to get anyone from region one to wake-up and respond to this post. IT'S ABOUT TIME !!! now we can get down to business. Chase... maybe 120. And,IT aint no mountain for a climber!

I can see boone in the finals just not winning..This time will Prlly be worst than the Fahy Fiasco Ervin Is on a whole different level. Boone would be lucky if the didnt get tech falled.

I really don't know what weight Chase will wrestle at. I'm just really looking forward to the season starting.I can't say anything negitive about Brock, he is a TOP-CLASS wrestler.

Brock and Fahy are going to finish their career as two of the top 10 greatest wrestlers in Kentucky's history. It really isn't a matter of getting to a level to not get majored, honestly a major is your best case scenario. If you actually look at it Fahy, espically his freshmen year had some insanely tough kids on his way to the finals and just breezed past them like they were nothing. Pretty much if Chase makes it to the finals or gets 3rd at state this year it will be a major achievement. Is Killebrew going to be at the same weight?

Chase going 115 after christmas... Why don't some of you pick your weight class or a weight you know and tell us how you think that weight class will end up ?

NO one in the country has majored Stephen in HS folkstyle matches not even Guillibon from PA ,And Stephen has been in the same class as Fahy in Fargo and left an AA coming in 6th as a first yr cadet while Fahy DNP as a second yr cadet and then duiring the season Fahy could not show up for their much talked about matchup at Moeller duals,No one in KY will ever Major Stephen more than likely he will never score less than a major himself .A kid can get caught and pinned but i dont see that happening either .

I expect it would probably be the best matchup ever in KY wrestling Stephen is ranked in every major nationally ranking and Fahy is ranked by some as well .Think they are a couple places apart in most with Stephen being a couple spots ahead .Doubt Stephen goes 132 maybe not even 138 but im betting he goes 38 and by the time everyone figures out what is going on ,no one will want to be there by state .

Brock and Fahy are going to finish their career as two of the top 10 greatest wrestlers in Kentucky's history. It really isn't a matter of getting to a level to not get majored, honestly a major is your best case scenario. If you actually look at it Fahy, espically his freshmen year had some insanely tough kids on his way to the finals and just breezed past them like they were nothing. Pretty much if Chase makes it to the finals or gets 3rd at state this year it will be a major achievement. Is Killebrew going to be at the same weight?

Killebrew will certainly be at 113/115 this year maybe even 108 depends. I heard Asa Odoms is back in the line up so we'll see whats goin to happen here soon.

Polley is going 138 also.

O.C. line-up ?

106 -B.J. Miller

113 - Chase Boone

120 - Travis Baggarly

126 - Billy Moore

132 - Jacob Bennett

138 - Ryan Bunch

145 - Kyle Bunch

152 - Monnie Brown

169 - Aaron Fulton

170 - Michael Kennedy

182 - Landon Spurlock

195 - Bradley Easterly

220 - Dalton Brown

285 - Zach Farris

I'd still say my team rankings from earlier in the year apply, but it is a bit closer between Christian County and Ohio. I wouldn't even bother working on individual rankings. I don't even know what Fort Campbell's is going to look like and neither does Coach Shingler.

FCHS...I can,t argue with your logic. You're usually SPOT-ON with your post and predictions ,as we have seen through-out the years. All I can promise is whoever we are across the mat from,when the whistle blows,we are going to wrestles as hard as we can. With every belief we can WIN!!!

If there is anything anybody has learned these past couple years, is never think you stack up well with Union. To beat Union you'd have to have some really good wrestlers from 152 up who will be able to win all those matches, and in the lower weights you have to have kids that only give up majors at the very worst. That is the only formula to beat Union and nobody really has that this year, the closest to it is Fort Campbell and they are still a ways off. Christian and Ohio have all of their best talent matched up against Union's best talent.