Sign in to follow this  
Guest tiger89

top three hardest wieght classes

what do you think is the hardest wieght class?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think is the hardest wieght class?

Guest tiger89

here are my top three hardest wieght classes for next year.

189:

starks***

Jones***

Green***

Guiler**

Turner**

Benson*

total:15*

215:

Watson***

Chaney***

Dockery**

Embree**

Whiting**

Fuller*

Nickel*

total:14*

145:

Jackson***

Ervin***

Golsby**

Wasson**

Smtih*

Condon*

total:12*

3*= Has a great shot to be a state champion

2*= has a small shot to become a state champion. But expect them to be in the top 4.

1*= should place a may pull off some major upsets.

I know him pretty well and I don't think 145 will be any more trouble to make this year than it was last year. He'll probably see where the competition is and head straight for that weight class just like he's done in the past ('04, 05 and 06). 152 is not totally out of the question tho' and 140 is legally possible (but not likely). BTW, have you all been missing me? Been away at baseball games (boring!).

courtney wil win it at either 52 or 60 hw is an aniaml he will beat banks worse this time and i think if wolsifer was to run across courtney it would not be good for wolsifer cause courtney beat cooper who had wolsifer beat and i am not sayin he would kill wolsifer but i think courtney would ahndle him

courtney wil win it at either 52 or 60 hw is an aniaml he will beat banks worse this time and i think if wolsifer was to run across courtney it would not be good for wolsifer cause courtney beat cooper who had wolsifer beat and i am not sayin he would kill wolsifer but i think courtney would ahndle him

Remember, wrestling matches last 6 minutes. And all points count. Yes, Cooper was in a position to win, but in no way was dominant. It was an even match and Wolseifer hit the right move at the right time. No luck, just good execution. If they wrestled 100 times, it would probably be close to 50-50. And I think Courtney's match with Cooper was similar. So I see no reason to conclude that Courtney would handle Wolseifer. I tend to disagree. I give John a very, very slight edge.

Remember' date=' wrestling matches last 6 minutes. And all points count. Yes, Cooper was in a position to win, but in no way was dominant. It was an even match and Wolseifer hit the right move at the right time. No luck, just good execution. If they wrestled 100 times, it would probably be close to 50-50. And I think Courtney's match with Cooper was similar. So I see no reason to conclude that Courtney would handle Wolseifer. I tend to disagree. I give John a very, very slight edge.[/quote']

And I'm a big Courtney fan. I really wanted to see him become a 5-timer.

OK. If you have Courtney, Banks, Ervin, Jackson, Golsby, and Wasson (or Sanders from HC) at 145 how quickly before guys start jumping to 152? Or does Cooper see an opening and cut himself down to 152?

Remember' date=' wrestling matches last 6 minutes. And all points count. Yes, Cooper was in a position to win, but in no way was dominant. It was an even match and Wolseifer hit the right move at the right time. No luck, just good execution. If they wrestled 100 times, it would probably be close to 50-50. And I think Courtney's match with Cooper was similar. So I see no reason to conclude that Courtney would handle Wolseifer. I tend to disagree. I give John a very, very slight edge.[/quote']

If I remeber correctly Cooper lost a very close match at the beginning of the year at Oldham Co. Duals. As for a Courtney Wolseifer match it would be low scoring I believe. Both are much better at scoring defensively than offensively on thier feet, with one go-to offensive takedown. I may however give Wolseifer the edge because he is much more physical.

OK. If you have Courtney' date=' Banks, Ervin, Jackson, Golsby, and Wasson (or Sanders from HC) at 145 how quickly before guys start jumping to 152? Or does Cooper see an opening and cut himself down to 152?[/quote']

The irony of this quote is that I can see most if not all of theis individuals NOT at 145 next year.

Courtney: could easily be 152 or higher next year, he was only a fresh. and is at the growing stage of life.

Banks: could easily be 152(However he may be the most apt to return to this wt. class.)

Ervin: Once again still young and may have some growing.

Jackson: Will he really be moving up 3 wt. classes?

Golsby: Has been telling wrestlers he will lose wt. and will be at 135 next year.

Wasson: Has been telling wrestlers he will not lose wt. and will be 152 next year.

Sanders: If Ashbrooke is not at 140 he will most likely be there. (I don't think he fought wt. last year)

Wolsifier and Courtney are not defensive wrestlers. I have watched them both their entire careers and know they are not defensive. They are both hardcore and never stop trying to score or pin. And both are very smooth and always on the attack on their feet. If Im not mistaken, they both won their finals on their feet.

Wolsifier and Courtney are not defensive wrestlers. I have watched them both their entire careers and know they are not defensive. They are both hardcore and never stop trying to score or pin. And both are very smooth and always on the attack on their feet. If Im not mistaken' date=' they both won their finals on their feet.[/quote']

Yes they both won on thier feet after their opponent initiated the 1st move. They defended then countered to get the takedown.

I'm not taking anything away from them, as I stated they each have a bread and butter move from their feet, but they score many of their takedowns after their opponent starts the attack.

Courtney is a beast on the mat however and can ride and turn very well.

Wolsiefer scored when he dug double unders while on their feet, not while defending a shot. He dragged Cooper to the mat switched to an over under and threw Cooper when he tried to come back up. Nothing fancy, but very effective in the last minute of a state final when your down by 2 and need points against a kid the caliber of Cooper! No pressure there!

Two really good wrestlers leaving it all on the mat, great job by both kids!

Courtney: possumdaddy seems to have the inside track on him and believes he will be back at 145

Banks: I've had a few responses from Larue folks thinking he will be back as well

Jackson: cut way too much weight last year for 130 and from what I hear this is the sweet spot for him (at this point)

Golsby: no way I see him cutting to 135 consistently; maybe back to 140, but not sure I see that either

Wasson: was weighing around 150 early in the spring, but I think his weight has settled some

Sanders: I think Ashbrooke will be at 140, with Sanders and Wasson filling the next 2 weights

But it is still early in the year. Many guys could bulk up or just fill up on oreos.

Jackson is looking good with a little more weight. Early reports would have him filling a spot at 45 with Barger goin 52 and Stewart back at 40. Buts its really early, anything can happen and usually does!