Sign in to follow this  
dscicle

STATE DUALS!

I also argee the feeder programs and ky wrestling as a whole is coming a long way. I think were woodford had an edge in feeders before, now more are on the same track and even progressing beyond what they did in the past. Just this yr trinity and union placed in top three at mater dae, and lafayette 2nd at ben davis in indianapolis. Results like this were not seen 5-!0 yrs ago. Pat on the back for ky wrestling as a whole

pioneer pride, i thought you died. good to see you back in the forums. pm me when you get a chance. your observations of woodford are dead on, its all about the middle school programs. thankfully ky has advanced to a level that you can no longer win with wrestlers that have only 2 yrs experience.

Not dead, more like a wrestling coma.  I've been a lurker on the website, but without a dog in the fight anymore, I can just relax and watch other people argue from now on.  :-) 

i saw another parks is there at woodford now. maybe a new parks/ carr dynasty in the making?? that would be pretty cool for the state of kentucky

i saw another parks is there at woodford now. maybe a new parks/ carr dynasty in the making?? that would be pretty cool for the state of kentucky

Probably Rusty or Shane helping out.

GOO - i would also factor in the impact all the hard work of youth and middle school programs that Woodford and a few of the traditional powerhouse programs fell behind on a few years back.  Woodford & Campbell are 2 that come to mind that let schools like Fern Creek (Trinity), Larue, Union, & Ryle build really far superior feeder programs.  I'd say the Carr's are fine, but they haven't had the same material to work with that some of these other programs have.  Campbell & Woodford have caught on, but they're still playing catch up.

Hey pioneer.  Check out the last couple years of youth and middle school results.  I think we are doing just fine.