Ranger123

Rebel Rankings - 2006/2007 Preseason #2

OK, here is an update. I'm only posting the top 8 as that is all I have scoring team points right now. Understand that before you scream about the team rankings. Teams like Campbell County (and I'm a Campbell County fan) aren't scoring big because I don't see a lot of guys placing right now. But I'm sure they will come through and score enough to be a top 20 team in the end.

Un Co Aaron Carr 10

Sen Elliott Martin 11

Tri Dan Smith 11

JC Zach Salyers 8 / JJ Jude 7

FC Josh Burkett 11

Lar Co Joey Henderson 9

Ryle Austin Palmer 9

SO Brandon Whitehouse 9

Way Co Travis Sullivan 11

Wood Co Shane Parks 11

Un Co Adam Carr 12

PD Jon Voth 11

Bull Cen James Badgett 11

NO Andre Zeppa 11

Lar Co Tritsten Hines 10

Con TJ Bates 9

FC Caleb Wood 12

Un Co Isaac Ervin 10

Eas Joaquin Luna 10

NH Josh Johnson 9

Way Co Coty Vinsant 11

JC Cory Spencer 11

HC Cliff Cornett 12

Mon Co Ross Carpenter-Fraser 11

PD Tyler Voth 12

Wood Co Coty Lewis 11

Sen John Chui 12

Way Co Bryan Daniels 11

JH Justin Pitcher 11

HC Matt Zarth 10

Lar Co Darwin Perez 12

Tri Grant Ohlman 9

Old Co Ben Warner 12

NH Matt Eck 12

Sen Dan Fuller 12

JC Jordan Freeman 10

Con Rashad Brown 12

Un Co Carson Chambliss 12

Nel Co Forest Rehrig 12

Cald Co Sam Mitchell 10

Ryle Bryan Peace 11

SC Brandon Howard 12

JH Cassidy Veach 12

Cam Co Kyle Griffith 11

FC Derek Branch 11

Wood Co Steven Butler 12

Sen Zach Poulton 11

SO Cody Hall 12

Scott Daniel Thueneman 12

Har Co Josh Ashbrook 11

Lar Co Matt Miller 11

Tri Ben Case 12

FC Kevin Stewart 12

Wood Co Chad Scott 11

St X Cory Kress 12

Con Ryan Dillon 11

Un Co Mitch Ervin 11

FC Malcolm Jackson 12

Hol John Golsby 12

Har Co Bryan Wasson 11

Lar Co Evan Smith 12

St X Chip Condon 12

Wood Co Blake Sheehan 11

Tri Brad Hitchings 9

Wood Co Harrison Courtney 10

Lar Co Patrick Banks 12

Mc Cen Randall Stevens 12

And Co Sammy Isaacs 11

FC Ben Barger 11

Har Co Beau Sanders 11

Way Co Tim Winchester 11

Bull Cen Jeremiah Walls 10

FC John Wolsiefer 11

SK Josh Cooper 12

Lar Co Scott Wheeler 12

NH Ty Wolf 11

DH Brad Denham 12

CH Joe Collin 12

Cam Co Tom Brownfield 11

Wood Co Justin Mays 12

Eas Ben Rupp 12

Ryle Mason Reid 11

NH Matt Baker

Lar Co Bryant Barnhill 12

Tri John Florence 12

SC Adam Dials 11

Mc Cen Ryan Harlow 9

Old Co Wes Combs 12

Wood Co Will Starks 12

NH Mark Jones 11

Apollo Matt Green 11

Lar Co Jake Shipp 12

SC Ryan Kelly 10

CH Terry Turner 12

DH Steve Benson 11

HC Zack Guiler 12

Mc Cen Jacob Watson 12

FC Deon Chaney 11

Tri Jordan Whiting 10

Sen Jordan Dockery 12

Lar Co Joe Embree 12

SC Justin Chaffin 11

PD Doug Winter 12

Doss Derek Nickel 11

Wood Co Matt Byrd 12

Old Co Josh Young 12

Ohio Co Adam Burdin 12

Fair Robby Brown 12

New Devon Boxx 11

Scott Adam Patterson 12

Vall Will Smith 11

Mc Cen Chris Espinoza 12

Team

1 Woodford County

2 Larue County

3 Fern Creek

4 Union County

5 North Hardin

6 Seneca

7 Trinity (Louisville)

8 Wayne County

9 McCreary Central

10 Sheldon Clark

11 Ryle

12 Oldham County

13 Paul Dunbar

14 Harrison County

15 Eastern

16 Johnson Central

17 Scott

18 John Hardin

19 Henry Clay

20 Conner

21 Campbell County

22 Dixie Heights

23 Central Hardin

24 St. Xavier

25 Simon Kenton

Well Ranger you have at least given us something to talk about.

I do however have a few questions/disagreements, assuming you have everyone in the correct wt. class.(Which we all know they more than likely are not)

1. Parks over Carr???? (did they wrestle last year, Carr has the experience of being in the finals)

2. Ervin over Luna???? (Luna beats almost anyone when his mind is on it)

3. Voth over Lewis ??????????? (Um didn't Lewis beat him last year?)

4. Stewart under both Miller and Case???? (Stewart just seems to me the better wreslter of these three)

5. Jackson over both Golsby and Wasson???? (bumping up 3 wt classes)

6. Golsby over Wasson???? (Wasson defeated Golsby in Border Wars)

7. Young over Burdin??? (Burdin had a bad state last year)

8. Boxx over Patterson, smith and Epinoza??????????? (Boxx is just an animal, not very technical, IMO Espinoza is the best of this bunch)

9. I still can't believe that Byrd is going Hwt next year. (I hope its the correct choice I enjoy his wrestling ability)

OK. Let's see if I can answer everyone's questions.

Bop - you're close; let's wait and see on Brown. I'll leave him on the list until I know for sure.

I think we all can agree that Malcolm is very, very talented. I believe he learned a bit from last season's experiences and will come back tough and not cut as much weight. Plus, tell me who on the list will definitely beat him.

I'll check on the 30 from Christian county, Skinner?, and make sure I didn't lose him.

I'm just not convinced that Cornett will get to 112, so I have to put him or Zarth at 125. Right now I chose Zarth.

And finally, good comments grapplet, BUT...

1) Parks impressed me at state, really pushing Sullivan. And you know he will get better and better. It is a toss-up and I'm taking Parks right now.

2) Yes, Luna is tough, but so are the Ervins.

3) Are you talking about the '04-'05 season when Lewis beat Voth? IMO, there was no comparison between the Voth of this past season and the prior years. He really stepped it up and I think will take the next step to make up for the disappointment in the finals.

4) Again, a lot of guys that are pretty even, imo.

5) Yes, I think so. He can match up athleticly with Golsby and has a better work ethic and workout partners to push him.

6) Hey, were you one of the folks arguing that you can't rely on summer results? I think they are pretty even right now.

7) I was not impressed with Burdin and didn't like his attitude. Plus, I think Young has more technical skills.

8) I think Boxx has the potential to improve leaps and bounds. He just has to learn how to not beat himself.

9) I think he will. It may come down to where the team needs him.

Guest valley152

they look good but i think Joe Raliegh should be up there somewhere in the 189 class

Most of my comments are just personal opinion. I have little to base it on except what I see on the mat, and who I believe is the better wrestler.

However:

6) Hey' date=' were you one of the folks arguing that you can't rely on summer results? I think they are pretty even right now..[/quote']

Yes I was, but I think Wasson has a much, much better attitude, a powerfull work ethic, and a group of wrestlers on his team that will be able to push him to the limits every day at practice.

Talk about bad attitude and work ethic. He left the regional tourney this year because of a concert. All he had to do was win one match (Against Camp. Co.) and he went to state. He also did not attend many of their meets during the year.

Ervin is better than Luna i have wrestled both and as of now i am going 112 (cornett) but i dont know how much i will grow over summer

OK. Let's see if I can answer everyone's questions.

Bob - you're close; let's wait and see on Brown. I'll leave him on the list until I know for sure.

I think we all can agree that Malcolm is very' date=' very talented. I believe he learned a bit from last season's experiences and will come back tough and not cut as much weight. Plus, tell me who on the list will definitely beat him.

I'll check on the 30 from Christian county, Skinner?, and make sure I didn't lose him.

I'm just not convinced that Cornett will get to 112, so I have to put him or Zarth at 125. Right now I chose Zarth.

And finally, good comments grapplet, BUT...

1) Parks impressed me at state, really pushing Sullivan. And you know he will get better and better. It is a toss-up and I'm taking Parks right now.

2) Yes, Luna is tough, but so are the Ervins.

3) Are you talking about the '04-'05 season when Lewis beat Voth? IMO, there was no comparison between the Voth of this past season and the prior years. He really stepped it up and I think will take the next step to make up for the disappointment in the finals.

4) Again, a lot of guys that are pretty even, imo.

5) Yes, I think so. He can match up athleticly with Golsby and has a better work ethic and workout partners to push him.

6) Hey, were you one of the folks arguing that you can't rely on summer results? I think they are pretty even right now.

7) I was not impressed with Burdin and didn't like his attitude. Plus, I think Young has more technical skills.

8) I think Boxx has the potential to improve leaps and bounds. He just has to learn how to not beat himself.

9) I think he will. It may come down to where the team needs him.[/quote']

I heard robby brown isnt wrestling next year either he actually told me himself

Guest valley152

yeah i know his girlfriend real good and she told me that he isnt either....

6) Hey' date=' were you one of the folks arguing that you can't rely on summer results? I think they are pretty even right now..[/quote']

Yes I was, but I think Wasson has a much, much better attitude, a powerfull work ethic, and a group of wrestlers on his team that will be able to push him to the limits every day at practice.

Talk about bad attitude and work ethic. He left the regional tourney this year because of a concert. All he had to do was win one match (Against Camp. Co.) and he went to state. He also did not attend many of their meets during the year.

Somewhat agree on Wasson. I didn't hear about Boxx at region. I thought he just choked. Pretty sad.

It doesn't really matter about Luna and Ervin because Luna is goin 112 again

I would love to see a Sullivan - Luna matchup. That would definitely make Sullivan earn his title at 112 (if he ends up there). BUT, there are still 5 months until the season kicks off and a lot of time for guys to get "fat".

I would love to see a Sullivan - Luna matchup. That would definitely make Sullivan earn his title at 112 (if he ends up there). BUT' date=' there are still 5 months until the season kicks off and a lot of time for guys to get "fat".[/quote']

Sullivan and Luna wrestled at state duals in 05 when Luna was at 103, Luna lost, but it was really close and luna has improved greatly since he was an eighth grader

theres not many region 6 wrestlers on here especally campbell county like fuller at 215 or 275 in my opinion hes an amazing wrestler and deserves to be there and who is thomas brownfield? i think i know who he is from campbell but honestly he didn't impress me at state 0-2.

theres not many region 6 wrestlers on here especally campbell county like fuller at 215 or 275 in my opinion hes an amazing wrestler and deserves to be there and who is thomas brownfield? i think i know who he is from campbell but honestly he didn't impress me at state 0-2.

If you don't think Brownfield from Campbell should be on the list then who would you add from CC? They're not going to be the deepest team in the region next season. Again I like the Camels and Coach Bankemper, but I think they have a lot to prove after a down year and losing Hildreth, Wilson, Rust, and P. Brownfield.

which ever weight Sullivan goes he is top dog. 103 or 112 , their are a lot of very good wrestlers at these wieghts . And yes everyone knows anyone can be beat.

c'mon these are the PRESEASON rankings If u dont agree with what ranger says go out and prove you should be betterly ranked plus these are also predictions for next year not "he will win state for sure" rankings

He hung with Valdez and did beat Casson as first year varsity as a sophomore. He's performed way better than he did at state, naturally ... but no one should predict based on one weekend. If he gets strong, which he's taking care of, he's dangerous to anyone.

Deinlein has a shot at placing.

Campbell will top wrestlers returning are (I hope I don't forget anyone)

Shotwell (not sure what weight probably 119/125)

Deinlien (has a lot of potential)

Griffith (Should be back to form next year at 135-140)

Brumfield (should have been a 145 last year)

Fuller (strong kid knows how to keep the score close)