Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

The Middle School List

Now I don't under stand why Jordan metts is still a contender at 124 when Cameron Bryant majored him at state duals

If you really need to hear this, here you go.

First, this list is NOT a "live" list.  It will not be updated the moment 2 kids wrestle.  In fact, given the difficulty in getting results (unless you are literally standing there watching the match) it typically takes a couple weeks to get results into the system.

Second, I believe I mentioned that the contender list is for the kids I believe will challenge for a spot on the podium.  They are not just the kid that should win it, but those who should challenge for a medal.

I have a suggestion for the middle school crowd out there.  GET OVER THE INFERIORITY COMPLEX!  Just because your kid or team isn't talked about on this site all the time doesn't mean you are being disrespected or everyone thinks you are terrible.  You get everyone's opinion on here.  Plain and simple opinions.  They don't determine any tournament seedings and definitely not any results on the mat.  Keep your cool and let the kids do the talking on the mat.  Things like this list or rankings are fun to talk about and recognize some kids who are at the top of their game.  But we don't have to tear others down to build ourselves up.

Let's enjoy the amazing strides that middle school wrestling continues to make in this state.  I've been around middle school wrestling in KY for about 10 years and I am completely blown away by the huge steps ahead we have made due to the hard work of the kids and the coaches, leaders, and parents throughout the state.  This weekend was the first time i have attended the MS state duals.  I've only seen that kind of excitement and intensity at 2 dual meets in my life:  St Paris Graham vs Blair last year and in 2006 (I believe) when Larue beat Woodford in the state duals finals.

Ranger, we appreciate your time for even compiling a list for people to look at and talk about.  The list that counts will be on kyswa.org at the end of the season when the results are posted.  Folks, lets not take all the fun out of this. 

Ranger- I still say the young lady in the red and black dress that was at MS duels is a contender at 117.  Your thoughts? Very light on her feet.

Ranger- I still say the young lady in the red and black dress that was at MS duels is a contender at 117.  Your thoughts? Very light on her feet.

I'm with you.  BUT, she didn't want to cut weight all of January and was only at 117 for the duals weekend.  She was at 124 for the rest of the season.

Let me comment on the "very strong" comment you made about Tyler Frankrone.

i also said very talented wrestler i've wrestled him twice and have lost so i know how he wrestles

i understand ranger and deepest apologies for that comment i apreciate your hard work and time you have put in to mention us middle school wrestlers and what we do

i understand ranger and deepest apologies for that comment i apreciate your hard work and time you have put in to mention us middle school wrestlers and what we do

No need to apologize, but don't let the online discussion get to you.  Or lack thereof.  Very seldon do we get it all right.  There is always a surprise kid who works his tail off and gets hot at the right time.  And there are always kids who have off weekends and fail to finish as high as expected.  This applies to all levels of wrestling.  Enjoy the discussion and add to it if you like, but the kids decide it all on the mat.

Well Ranger, if anybody doubted your ability to rank these kids they need only compare your list to the results from yesterday's state tournament.  Yeah, yeah---I know some knucklehead will reply "well Ranger missed such and such weight class" or whatever.....but overall, that's simply amazing.  Nice work and thanks for the effort you put in to compile and post your list(s).

Any lottery numbers you'd like to share with us?

Pretty good predictions,now that it is said and done. Not too far off. I guess the 110 controversy is over now, and the chips fell pretty much in the middle there. The Wilson kid took a loss in round one, for a questionable call, and things may have been different if that hadn't of happened, but we will see more from all of these boys in High School. I look forward to it. Great day of wrestling. Congrats to all of these boys who worked so hard this season, and their whole Middle School career! Thanks to everyone for a great tournament!

Wilson has a temper?? I'm guess we watched different matches then. Wilson is a competitor and wrestled his butt off as did Duncan and came up short, what competitor wouldnt be fired up?

As Wilson's coach I could not have been more impressed with his attitude and demeanor after that match. For many kids saturday, when they lost they threw headgears, they cried, some called "Bulls***" and refused to shake kids hands, Wilson who is an eight grader and has been wrestling for a long time was a class act on and off the mat. He didnt cry, he didnt refuse to shake the kids hand, he did NOT BY ANY MEANS HAVE A TEMPER! He showed tremendous heart and determination to come back after losing his first match and won 5 in a row all by domination to finish 3rd by tech falling in the finals.

So again Pinned500, what match were you watching??

Yeah, I guess it was alright for a first attempt.  Plus, I didn't get a chance to make updates after watching region and state duals (too busy preparing my boys to win a few titles  :wink:).

A very exciting day of wrestling.  I can't wait to do it again next year!

So you are saying he was mad every time the ref blew the whistle during matches that he won? I have kept tabs on him, as I have a 110 as well, and I didn't see it. Why would he have a temper while he was winning matches?

YEp- Shirkey looked tough. Lampe looked great too, dominating his guys in both the semifinal and final matches - I think he scored 25 points in those two matches alone. The Gray kids made quite a showing. It was a good day of wrestling I thought.

Lot of great matches -  I saw the Ryle coaches smiling quite a bit about what's in store for that program in the next 4 to 5 years.  Talk about a program that's going to be on the upswing.

I will say this about Ryle's future, out of 9 scorers Gray had all 9 placed.  Logan Erdman 1st(7th grader), French Golden 4th(8th grader), Jake Erdman 2nd(8th grader), David Rich 5th(7th grader), Jon Belk 1st(8th grader, was on Ryle's starting lineup), Ryan Woolf 4th(8th grader), Johnny Meiman 1st(7th grader, on Ryle's starting lineup), Jack Dorn 6th(8th grader), and Jake Adams 6th(8th grader).  We are proud of all these guys, and owe the practice partners for their succuss.  I know for Belk, both Erdmans, and Meiman are looking forward to team Kentucky and the future.  Good job, Mont. County, and all wrestlers at the tourny.