Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Rankings

very true but i was talking about the kids who dont play any other sports because if you play another sport that is what i would consider being active and Working for it.

Well then they dont deserve to win then cause the people who work will eventually catch up to those "god given" abilities and pass them so quick it will make their head spin........"Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard"

Ranger 123' date='

are these rankings going to include freestyle tournaments like in Indiana and ohio or illinois? or just the ones in kentucky that are folkstyle?[/quote']

Any results I can get my hands on will be considered. If you know of any good head to head (KY guys) matchups or good finishes for KY guys in another state please pass on the word. But most of all, it gives us some idea on weights for next season. If someone is staying active and has gained some weight, they will probably be moving up. If they are maintaining their weight maybe they will make it back. A perfect example, Wasson from Harrison Co wrestled 152 at the Border Wars at Conner and won it beating Golsby. I think it is pretty safe to assume he won't be back at 130. Plus, with the success, I don't think he will be cutting as much weight as in the past.

Well Derek nickel beat billy fuller in the first period at border wars and also beatryles bodenbender in the first period and lost to chad fyffe 4-6 he got third,,,,,then at union county gable series he beat woodford counties cadet 215 dont remember his name and lost to illinois he got third there also,,,,,,,then he went to jeff freestyle and greco and took first in fs and second in g......and also went 2 the junior natls regional at jeff and wrestled up a division and went 2-2. then at ryle gable series he got first wrestling the juniors cause there were no cadets he goes to DOSS......hope that helps also chip condon and tom kushnir have wrestled alot and chip has won 2out of 3....

Any results I can get my hands on will be considered. If you know of any good head to head (KY guys) matchups or good finishes for KY guys in another state please pass on the word. But most of all' date=' it gives us some idea on weights for next season. If someone is staying active and has gained some weight, they will probably be moving up. If they are maintaining their weight maybe they will make it back.[/quote']

IMO: Summer results won't tell you much. Most of the matches that I see in the summer the kids do NOT take very serious. A close match will usually go to the less succesfull of the two.

Example: Wrestler A has lost to wrestler B 3 times during the high school season. Wrestler A has places at the state tourney higher than wrestler B. The two wrestlers meet at a summer tourney. The match is close, wrestler B usually has more desire to defeat wrester A than the other way around. I have seen numerous times where wrestlers will give up a tackdown or reversal then turn around at their buddies in the stands and shrug their shoulders and smile.

The only summer matches that are taken serious is the Sr., Jr., Soph, nationals.

I know when my boy wrestles in summer matches its about trying out new technique in a live stituation. The gold means nothing, nor does the win.

I'm not saying every wrestler does this, i'm just saying there is a high number that do.

Excellent point grappler-of-old, I have seen that many times throughout my career. I also try new things in the summer matches and practices, it's the only way to get better.

What would also help in the off season is if you wrestle hard in a macth because it just gets you better even if you try new things you should always wrestle hard

What would also help in the off season is if you wrestle hard in a macth because it just gets you better even if you try new things you should always wrestle hard

I agree. And I understand the concept of trying new stuff, but I didn't (and still don't) like to lose to anyone at any time.

actual Chip Condon has won Jennings county folkstyle, Dan Gable Union, Jeff greco and Freestyle, Charlestown freestyle, and Dan Gable ryle. The only tournament he hasnt won that he entered was Junior central region. The only instate person he has wrestled was Tom kusnir and he pinned him twice and the only time he lost to him was at Jeff freestyle which was the first match of day after he got a concussion wrestling the night before at greco and still ended up winning the tournament.

are thses coming soon.....?

Patience please. I just hate to put them out here and then 5 minutes later get the Ryle results and see someone has gained 30 pounds when I have them ranked at the same weight they wrestled in '05-'06. Then someone will get on here and start ranting about it.

Well then they dont deserve to win then cause the people who work will eventually catch up to those "god given" abilities and pass them so quick it will make their head spin........"Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard"

how do they not deserve to win its not there fault they are really good with out tryen hard and talent is better then worken hard we have one guy on our team that works harder then anyone i know and has never started talent and worken hard is how you get great!!

There truely are wrestling bodies when it comes to the lighter and middle weights, there is some inherited atvantage for the kids to succeed. The working hard will work lots of times, the lazy boys will fail at something else in life if they breeze through wrestling. The truestory is you havSOME control over SOME results, the thing that is important is you have to work hard at everything you do.