Who will be the top competitor  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the top competitor

• Matt Miller
    • Ben Case
    • Josh Ashbrook
    • Kyle Griffith

Guest valley152

If Hector Rosado goes 140 again Ben WILL have something to seriously work for! And I will be one of the top 8!

(wow...i feel pretty stupid having to self-proclaim this shit... but im not getting any props)

i saw ben wrestling hector at river city and ben looked like Ben edwards didnt even have a challenge while wrestling Hector so i think he will win regionalsat 140 easy and will be top eight in state.

i am confident howard would beat ANY of them.

I think Mr. Ashbrooke might have something to say about that. I also think Thuenaman is a notch above him. I'll give him Peace as I think he beat him at the state duals, though I think Peace was off that day. Definitely a different guy than we saw in Frankfort.

Malcolm Jackson could easily wind up at 140 or Kevin Stewart could be back at 140 either could figure in to this mix

my opinion:

1.Brandon Howard

2.Malcom Jackson

3.Bryan Peace

4.Josh Ashbrooke

I counter with:

1) Thuenaman (the best 140 throughout the last season

2) Ashbrooke

3) Miller (unless he gets back to 135)

4) Case

5) Howard (unless he goes 135)

6) Stewart

I think Peace will end up at 135 and Jackson at 145.

I think Mr. Ashbrooke might have something to say about that. I also think Thuenaman is a notch above him. I'll give him Peace as I think he beat him at the state duals' date=' though I think Peace was off that day. Definitely a different guy than we saw in Frankfort.[/quote']

Peace beat Howard at state duals in overtime with a headlock to win by five, on an off day. Howard is a great wrestler though, kinda funky and always dangerous.

BTW, these threads don't really show much. Weight changes are unpredictable.

my opinion:

1.Brandon Howard

2.Malcom Jackson

3.Bryan Peace

4.Josh Ashbrooke

Peace beat Howard at state duels this year. Ashbrooke also beat him before Howard dropped to 130. If Howard doesn't lose his head, Ashbrooke would never win by that much again. That left hook was a symptom of already having lost his focus.

Thuneman almost looks too tall with his build to hold 140. Yeah, he didn't go 135 because of the fold test or whatever ... there's a reason one fails the fold test for that weight. They're too big to be wrestling it.

Howard didnt lose his head until he realized that he was going to lose with like 15 seconds to go from what I saw, Howard hit him within the last 15 seconds after Ashbrook took him down

ben edwards?  i wrestled him 3 times in the past couple years. once this past year. he is a great wrestler, but not top 8. he doesn't seem to like wrestling on the mat as much as takedowns though. he is superb at take downs though. his match with me was one of my best in the season despite my short comings. just remember none of this is meant to be offensive. ben does have great potential, he is a strong wrestler.

on to the other guys.. i dont think 140 can be anywhere near decided. it is probably due to all the dominant wrestlers are gone and anyone can improve greatly over the summer and take over the weight class.

Thuenamen weighs 145 now  he is going to be hard to stop at 140 after taking 3rd last two years in a row he is going to be very hungry for a title.

He had a nice left hook for ashbrook from what i saw

No he had a bout 3 left hooks for ashbrook and I have a pic of one of them.  I have never seen someone give up like that after ashbrook got in deep on him three times and howard was running off the mat to get away from him, and ashbrook IS GOING 140

Howard is an animal, no getting around it.  He took Parker to the limit twice, and took Peace to overtime.  He roughed up Ben Rust at state (real off day though) who'd gone to the wire with Peace twice, and Rust had beaten Ashbrooke out of season as well (size disadvantaged at that).  Out of season is out of season, although i suspect Ashbrooke doesn't sit and do completely nothing.  I also note Howard smoked Collins from Johnson Central at regions, and Collins looked flat out impressive at state ... if i'm not mistaken he handed Bowlds his behind there.  He would likely have been a semi-finalist had it not been for the body slam.

I'm using this example as a common opponent argument, shakily due to using out of season matches, and what i'm saying is Ashbrooke deal is taking one match out of context.  Enjoy the win, its impressive, but there's no way Howard will lose by 7 again.  He may very well lose as Ashbrooke is tough, but enough of this.  Jackson beat Peace badly at the duels, although i think Peace was clearly the better wrestler as the results at state proved.  I saw Jackson hit shots on Peace that Peace never gets hit with, and I suspect thats probably the type of deal that happened with Howard.  Lets not try to say Ashbrooke is superior based on a single match, and not let the left hooks sway judgement on pure wrestling talent.  We're not discussing character and all that here (i'm not judging the kid, i've been that mad in matches).

I'd say you can't accurately rank these four (Peace, Jackson, Howard, Ashbrooke) until a month and a half of wrestling happens if they even all end up the same class in the first place.

ya i agree u cant really put one guy over another yet but u cant say peace proved to be the better wrestler based on state because jackson didnt even wrestle at state he was over weight at regionals

Yea I definetely agree with both grapplinfan and fc145,you cant determine anything until we see where these guys fall in November I definetely give the top 4 to Ashbrook,Peace, Jackson maybe Stewart, and Howard they're all great wrestlers. Cant wait to see where they all go!!!!!!!!!!!!