Sign in to follow this  
underhooks123

Girls wrestling

ohio just had their first girl state qualifier in their wrestling history.  paige nemac took 4th in her district in d2. i thought the stout girl from bourban would qualify this year in ky, not sure what happened but she looked tough this year.

I think its a great idea. Ive got 2 and i hate the thought of cheerleading.

@FCHS Wrestling- I know we have 3. LOL!

Yea I hear ya there about the cheerleading. What steps do we need to do to get a proposal to Mike Barren about this??

@FCHS Wrestling- I know we have 3. LOL!

Yea I hear ya there about the cheerleading. What steps do we need to do to get a proposal to Mike Barren about this??

Well I dont think all of them knew, we almost had 5-7

Great idea, but who's going to coach them?  We barely have enough qualified coaches in the state as it is to fill positions at the middle school and high school levels right now.

Great idea, but who's going to coach them?  We barely have enough qualified coaches in the state as it is to fill positions at the middle school and high school levels right now.

Have them wrestle with the guys.. I have worked with girl wrestlers since I was a sophomore in high school.. (my sister wrestled and went on to Uni. of the Cumberlands for a semester to wrestle) They will work as hard or harder then the best wrestlers on your team. I would say run a couple tournaments along with the varsity trny.

I know they will work as hard as most of the guys.  I coached 2 on my team this year.  And yes, they could practice with the guys, but when it comes to tournaments / duals, that's where the problem would be.  The scheduling wouldn't be as easy as you may think when it comes to having to schedule, Varsity, JV & Girls tournaments/duals.