Sign in to follow this  
breeser

Proud Dad

I would just like to say I am very proud of my son and all the other boys who made it to state this year, not matter how our kids finished they made it to state and they left it all on the mats.  GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

I would just like to say I am very proud of my son and all the other boys who made it to state this year, not matter how our kids finished they made it to state and they left it all on the mats.  GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

As the proud father of a senior I now ask if there is some kind of a retirement center for the father's who now have nothing to do since wrestling is over?

As I sit here and look at my son crashed on the couch after going for three days, I cant express how proud of him I am. That was my first state tournament and it was one of the best things I have been to. good job to all the boys who made it. I hope to be back the next two years with this one and after that with his brother! Ryle dad if you find out what to do after sports let me know, because I have wondered what people do!!!

As I sit here and look at my son crashed on the couch after going for three days, I cant express how proud of him I am. That was my first state tournament and it was one of the best things I have been to. good job to all the boys who made it. I hope to be back the next two years with this one and after that with his brother! Ryle dad if you find out what to do after sports let me know, because I have wondered what people do!!!

They could run concessions at the State Tournament next year.  :evil:

I must agree that I will feel a little empty now that my son has wrestled his last high school match.lol  He was disappointed with a runner-up finish but I couldn't have been more proud of him by the way he conducted himself.  But I am sure I can find ways to spend my weekends next winter.lol

I am also incredibly proud of my son as well as all of the wrestlers in this state, where they are considered a minor sport that most people ignore. Till his freshman year my son had never touched a mat. He joined the team and was lucky enough to begin his career with Chuck Anderson as his coach. After 4 years of HARD work and dedication, he will go to senior nationals as a 2 time regional and county champ, 7th at state last year and 4th this year.

But most importantly he has learned that no matter what he chooses to do in life, if he is willing to put in the work needed, he can do it.

As I said I am proud of ALL of the wrestlers for giving it all for their own reasons, because they sure don't get enough recognition at most schools.

As the proud father of a senior I now ask if there is some kind of a retirement center for the father's who now have nothing to do since wrestling is over?

ryledad- Go back to the beginning. Carson hits the mats in 9 months!

You could always become a referee, now you don't have anyone to watch specifically so this way you could still see it and be involved.  But even better suggest to your son that he becomes one if his future plans, college, job, military, whatever, allow it that's the best way he coul give back to a sport that needs help.  Or coach at a new school that doesn't have a program yet!!