Sign in to follow this  
ryledad

Trinity

Congratulations to Trinity on a convincing championship run.  Ryle gave it all they had but Trinity just had too many horses down the stretch.  How often can you stick nine team members on the podium of a state championship and still lose the tournament by 28 points?  Kudos! 

I think Trinity won it in the simi round.

I think a key match for Trinity was  @ 215, it could have gone either way, and it was the difference between State Runner up and 6th place.

State titles aren't usually won due to the 3 or 4 kids you have on your team that you know will do well.  State titles are won by the 3 or 4 kids you have on your team that somehow find a way to either make it to the finals and aren't "suppose" to do so or find a way to place higher than expected through the wrestle backs.  Trinity's state title was no different.  Brendan Darrow and Erin McCauley making it to the finals and Brandon Birk, Brent Hitchings and Will Flynn wrestling back and placing high is what won the title for Trinity.  Congrats on a 2nd straight state title Coach Brown and Trinity.

I really thought ryle was gonna take state but coach brown put something in those kids gatorades during the semis. they all turned it on. I have great respect for ryledad showing sportsmanship. unlike some parents around the state. Way to be classy ryledad.  :mrgreen:

I may be wrong, but I think the places it was won was the 4-5 head to head matches that I saw from trinity and ryle.  A few of those were in early rounds and Trinity won them all that I saw.  That would have made a big difference. 

There were five head to head matches.

Adams beat Corcoran

Palmer beat Hitchings

Fahy beat Ruschell

Bradbury beat Hall

Darrow beat Pruitt

3-2 favor Trinity

The matches we thought were the dagger were Shotwells loss. and McCauley over Jude.  Those really hurt our chances and obviously our own head to head matches.  Surprisingly we did not meet up with Trinity that much.  Pruitt had beaten Darrow at the Dragon and we had that pencilled in as a win.  Oh well,  the Raiders had the devil on their side and that doesn't match up well against the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!!!

There wer six head to head matches.

Adams beat Corcoran

Palmer beat Hitchings

Fahy beat Ruschell

Bradbury beat Hall

Darrow beat Pruitt

Lonkard beat Pender

3-3

The matches we thought were the dagger were Shotwells loss. and McCauley over Jude.  Those really hurt our chances and obviously our own head to head matches.  Surprisingly we did not meet up with Trinity that much.  Pruitt had beaten Darrow at the Dragon and we had that pencilled in as a win.  Oh well,  the Raiders had the devil on their side and that doesn't match up well against the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!!!

Oh well I guess I wasn't paying attention to some of those matches then..I had thought Trinity kept winning.  I didn't see the Palmer Hitchings match or the Lonkard Pender. I think I was busy trying to eat too many hotdogs maybe.  :wink: