Sign in to follow this  
exhawk

Virginia beach (2010 NHSCA NATIONALS)

Here is a list of Ky kids here...or at listed to attend.

Good Luck KY!!

I could of missed someone?

Freshman

LOPEZ JOSH Franklin County High KY

MCILRATH GABE Montgomery County Hi

WOLNITZEK DARIEN Conner HighSchool KY

HALL MATTHEW Johnson Central KY

CLAY TEVON Franklin County High KY

Sophmores

SHIRLEY ANTHONY Harrison County High KY

MURPHY ALEX john hardin KY

JUDE JAMES johnson central KY

YENTER GARTH Campbell County KY

Juniors

BARNETT BRANDON Harrison County KY

DAY THOMAS Boone County KY

Seniors

OSBORNE MICHAEL  Larry A. Ryle KY

MURPHY JORDAN john hardin KY

We have to have more seniors and juniors going to nationals this is ridiculous. IMO top 3 at each weight class should go and compete. You only get better by wrestling tough competition, go out and wrestle your best and get noticed. This is exactly why KY hasn't moved up the wrestling ranks, we need our top kids going to the tough tournaments and getting noticed. KENTUCKY needs to make a name for itself in the wrestling world.

We're getting there.  I counted 22 on the registration list for Flonationals.  And remember, this wasn't exactly an easy year for a lot of people financially.  So you can't expect everyone to just jump in the car or on a plane and head across the country to a wrestling tournament.

We had several kids that wanted to go to national tournaments, but could not afford to go.  It is hard enough to fund raise for the needs of the wrestling program, much more so fund raise for the summer tournaments and camps.  It is neat to see so many that are able to go.  In my opinion, we had a pretty strong class of senior wrestlers this year, and hopefully our grades will continue to grow with every season.   

Wrestlers still competing

Freshman

Darien Wolnitzek going for 5th

Sophmores

JJ Jude going for 1st

Juniors

All out I believe

Seniors

Do not have brackets updated

Osborne lost 1st one I believe won next two then bracket not updated

Murphy not for sure

a few notes from memory of what I saw.  Yenter 1 match from placing. top 12.  Lost in 3rd round to eventual champ 4-3.  who happened to be a master at stalling.  Shirley 2 matches from placing lost in rd 3 then lost in consos to texas state champ 4-1.  top 20.  Murphy  Alex lost his opening match. Won his next match in consos and lost his next  3-2.  J.J. Jude  almost lost his second match  up 10-4 late got defensive and held on to win 14-11.  In semis was trailing 8-4 in the third. Opponent went for a shot and Jude pinned him.  Great match.  Barnett won his 1st match by pin  faced #1 seed in second match  was down 2-0 and hurt his leg.  Finished match on one leg getting pinned late.  tried wrestling next match but could only use one leg.  Finished in top 20 though.  Tevon Clay lost 2 matches in his return from injury.  Lopez lost his 1st won his next and lost the next match. No info on seniors.  Middle school I know Fausz and Brown were both runner ups.  All in all a pretty good showing in what turned out to be a very poorly run tournament IMO.  Curious to hear how flonationals go.  May go there next year.

Colten Cooper took 2nd in the elem division. He was winning in the 3rd period with less than 15 seconds left in the match and got reversed and gave up 2 back points. He lost 4-2. I'm proud of you Colt you wrestled tough and now your a National Runner Up.  ALL AMERICAN

Colten was All American at the NHSCA Nationals Elem. I think every kid from Kentucky placed in Virginia Beach.