Sign in to follow this  
creekck

Extra Pound??

Do we get an extra pound Thursday if a team is unable to practice tomorrow due to weather/cancellations? If so are there any schools that know of practice being canceled?

When and who will make the decision on the 1 pound weigh allowance? :-o

Q: How hard are schools on enforcing no school, no practice policy :| Do the principals go to the school to see that NO one is practicing :evil:

Does it apply by individual schools, or districts :cry: is Private schools vs public schools matter in the policy :?

Can we get a legit answer to this question cause im like 5 pounds over still.  :cry:

and we dont have practice tomorrow cause were leaving to head to frankfort.

put on a P90x video and lose the weight dont sit on here and complain about it

I don't think the 1 pound allowance apply to post season. 

I could be wrong but I don't think so.  I think it would take and executive decision by our commissioner for the weight allowance.

A lb. can be given if there is no school the day before, we know that. The most weight anyone can get,though, is 2

total pounds for atournament. That would be fine if this was a two day weigh-in, but it's not. So, the wrestlers will get a total of 2lbs., just like normal, over the course of the tournament.

A lb. can be given if there is no school the day before, we know that. The most weight anyone can get,though, is 2

total pounds for tournament. That would be fine if this was a two day weigh-in, but it's not. So, the wrestlers will get a total of 2lbs., just like normal, over the course of the tournament.

Coach Brown, not sure I follow ya:

Say weight class 130, we know you get the 2 pounds at xmas so everyone would normal have to make 132 Correct :|

Normally is would be Thursday 132, Friday 133 and Saturday 134 if I recall.

If a school can't practice on Wednesday would everyone get 1 pound :| 133

If so then on Friday they would get a pound and have to make 134,

On Championship Saturday all that are left would get an additional pound for 135, is that correct :|

The most weight you can get is 2 poundsover the course of the tournament.

The wrestler would get to weigh 134, as usual.

The following is a portion of an e-mail sent out regarding weight for the region and state tourneys.

Remember, this is only a portion of the e-mail.

+There are no modifications of this rule with regards to the regional and state tournaments, and therefore, if the situation arises, we will default to the written NFHS rule book. With that said, several key points need to be made.

+The tournament manager then must notify all schools that they will receive a 1-pound allowance for the tournament. The weight class boundaries will be increased by one pound in this case, as well as the 1-pound growth for the second day in two day regions.

+After notification, the school that originally asked for the allowance may not practice at all on that day prior to the region. However, there are no restrictions on the other competing teams in the region from having practice the day before the region.

+Keep in mind that should this happen during the state week, the allowance of two pounds for the tournament will be enforced.