Sign in to follow this  
oldhamwrestler

MS State Cancelled

For what it's worth, You shouldn't cancel the event entirely as these kids deserve the chance to wrestle for a middle school individual and team championship.

If it can be held next weekend it should be. 

I know some will disagree; because they wrestle on the high school team.  Parents and Coaches you have to choose you don't get your way like Burger King - Middle School State or High School Regions.

I understand all the advantages and disadvantages to both arguments.  :-o

Let the kids wrestle :wink:

This is the only response that the Assoc. will have to any comments on why the event was cancelled.

1st.  We worked very, very hard to keep this from happening.  Jake Holbrook worked his butt off to find other solutions.

2nd.  As already mentioned, we will look at our options to reschedule and send something out to the coaches.

This is very unfortunate, but we really did do all we could to resolve the situation quickly.

I know that everyone will not agree with the decision made, and will have several "what if's" posted on this site, but you were not in our shoes today when decisions had to be made quickly.

KSWA

Nice how the State Duals is held because a few local teams can make it but the state individual is cancelled with the same amount of snow predicted.

Exactly who made the call to cancel the tournament? I got a email stating that Central Hardin HS has decided not to let us wrestle at their school tomorrow because of concerns about the weather.

Guess I need to hurry out to the grocery for milk and bread now!

PATHETIC!

this figures i set my work schedule to be off this weekend, have all our bags packed, have hotel reservations and they cancel the event because of rain.  i think we should all send our hotel bills to the hardin county superintendent and highly suggest any wrestling events never be scheduled for their area again.

Exactly who made the call to cancel the tournament? I got a email stating that Central Hardin HS has decided not to let us wrestle at their school tomorrow because of concerns about the weather.

Guess I need to hurry out to the grocery for milk and bread now!

PATHETIC!

dude listen this is not our choice not to have middle school state its just as bad for us it was goin be booster money so dnt blame us blame the hardin courty borad of education

dude listen this is not our choice not to have middle school state its just as bad for us it was goin be booster money so dnt blame us blame the hardin courty borad of education

If you re read my post you will see I didnt blame anyone.

I simply want to know where to send my complaint.

btw there is no line at the grocery

After driving to Elizabethtown this afternoon, checking into my hotel room, hearing the ridicules news of the cancellation because they were forecasting ONE INCH of snow, loading the kids back in the car, driving back to Northern Kentucky were it is "actually (OH MY GOD) snowing" I have a few questions. How can you cancel a State Tournament and NOT know when you are going to reschedule it? Next, how foolish are the so called "officals" going to look when the ONE INCH of snow melts by 10:00 am tomorrow?

Having grown up in NW Ohio (near Toledo) I can tell you what they do - they plow the foot (or two) of snow off the parking lot - salt the sidewalks - roll the mats out and WRESTLE! I lived in a very rural area and if we thought we were going to get "snowed in" we left early or stayed near a major highway. Our team would have been laughed out of the gym if we didn't go to a regular tournament because of ONE INCH of snow and they would have confiscated our mats for a "NO-SHOW at STATE!

Wrestling in Kentucky is a JOKE!

After driving to Elizabethtown this afternoon, checking into my hotel room, hearing the ridicules news of the cancellation because they were forecasting ONE INCH of snow, loading the kids back in the car, driving back to Northern Kentucky were it is "actually (OH MY GOD) snowing" I have a few questions. How can you cancel a State Tournament and NOT know when you are going to reschedule it? Next, how foolish are the so called "officals" going to look when the ONE INCH of snow melts by 10:00 am tomorrow?

Having grown up in NW Ohio (near Toledo) I can tell you what they do - they plow the foot (or two) of snow off the parking lot - salt the sidewalks - roll the mats out and WRESTLE! I lived in a very rural area and if we thought we were going to get "snowed in" we left early or stayed near a major highway. Our team would have been laughed out of the gym if we didn't go to a regular tournament because of ONE INCH of snow and they would have confiscated our mats for a "NO-SHOW at STATE!

Wrestling in Kentucky is a JOKE!

Very well stated...don't agree let one of your schools host, if you are not going to man up and follow through...guarantee that the Superintendent wouldn't have cancelled a SBDM meeting or (God forbid) a School Board meeting with this weather forecast!

Well, I agree with all be the rotating to the 4 corners part...unless that invovles an independent venue.  I think that we should take this as a hard lesson learned that no school system should be used to host the tournament.  It is unfair to all parties involved but most specifically to the wrestlers who work toward this goal all season.  The cost of securing a location will stink but this stinks worse!  It also stinks that there was not a back up plan.  If they know that Mrs. Johnston is an unreasonable, anti-sports witch, then they should have been busting tail to get another place secured.  Now we either scrap it or cross our fingers that they are able to extend the season for 3 more weeks. What will a three week layoff do to the wrestlers?  She wouldn't want testing to be after a three week layoff.  Like I said earlier, she would have stated 501 reasons why they couldn't cancel a SBDM meeting or a School Board meeting due to predicted weather.