Sign in to follow this  
yacmed

MS State is cancelled for tomorrow Feb. 6th

chhs gets to keep all the concessions and half the gate? thats a really good deal for them

they also shared the costs.  this is going back 3 or 4 years, but they paid for refs, a trainer, i think there was some costs for security...trophies (not medals).  we asked at the statewide meeting if anyone else wanted to host it, McCreary said they were interested...but then they couldn't get the gym.  i'm not saying it's not a sweet deal for them, but it's not as sweet as it may sound.

everyone dnt blame central hardin for it being postponed it is not our faLUT and are bossters lost alot of money buying stuff for the event so dnt blame us blame the school borad no joke i was just as mad as all u

It was the Principal of Central Hardin HS that made the decision, the Superintendent only supported the Principals call. :-o

just curious what kind of weather the great storm of February 2010 brought upon etown i could scrape up all the snow in my county into a pile and not come up with 2 inches.

Trust me, the decision has been made. they just haven't told me yet.

What type of school administration or AD makes decisions regarding events (sports or other) that affect kids, parents, coaches of both hosting and participating schools and doesn't at least notify his own coaches of the status :-o

Sounds like the coordination between all is BROKEN or someone dropped the ball :cry:

Wow. Been reading this thread most of today, and I'm just now getting caught up with everything.

Mrs. Johnston did not cancel the tournament; she was simply backing Central Hardin's principal on the call. They made that call based on weather reports that said the Hardin County-E'town-Cecilia area was expected to get up to 3 inches of snow, plus ice, with this storm. Obviously that didn't happen, but there's no way anyone can definitively look into the future and say 'Hey, it ain't gonna snow' or 'Hey, there ain't gonna be no ice on the roads' or whatever.

I know it didn't do much last night and today, but the tourney was called off for safety reasons and safety reasons alone. I feel bad for all those people who can't get a refund on their hotel reservations.

And the fact is, a lot of these posts on this thread are way out of line. I would assume most people posting in this are adults or parents, but it sure doesn't seem that way after reading the thread.

OK it was cancelled.  High school State Duals have been cancelled the last 2 years.

Do I agree with the call of the Hardin Co. school district? YES.  A tough call but one they thought was the best call for the safety of all people concerned. 

Do I like the call? NO Maybe if Hardin Co understood more what this event means to the great number of kids in our state maybe they would have reconsidered.  Maybe.  I believe they think they made the best decision they could with the information they had.

Do I think it should be rescheduled?  YES  Kids have worked hard for this event all year they should be rewarded with the opportunity to compete in this tourney.

Now the big question.  Should it be held during or after the high school post season?

My opinion After the high school post season. 

By doing this it gives every kid the opportunity to compete in this event.  They may choose to not participate but it allows everyone the same opportunity to compete.  If you do it during you will be alienating some kids.  Those who fill varsity sports for their high school team.  For some of these kids it is not their choice.  The high school coach makes that decisionfor them. And some coaches may need them so that they can compete in the high school regional tournament or even help them win the regional tourney.

This is the opinion of GOO Nothing more nothing less

GOO out

grappler-of-old

No sure how you can say it was the correct call "safety of all people concerned".  The weather report had been out for a week.  Previous two out of the last four years at the Middle School State Tournament we received around 2 inches of snow with not incidents.  CH principal made the call to cancel the tournament to CYA not for the safety of the kids.  If the safety of the kids was the guiding factor the decision would have been made much early.  Waiting till Friday afternoon to cancel the tournament put many of use on the road longer, exposing us to even greater risk.  This was a weak call by a feeble administration. 

JCB your right about the past but Jefferson co. last week had just a very good dusting and they had 10 bus wrecks with there buses and I think that was on all of there minds.

With two of three  proposals for this weekend....when is the call coming?

Well I guess it is quite obvious...it is not going to be this weekend....or I guess it could be, I mean there has been more ignorant calls such as calling the middle school tournament off last weekend. Well then again we are supposed to get snow tomorrow too, that might affect it......

Could they really get enough hotel rooms saved? Don't think that will happen I know E-town is not that big but they do have things go on there. It's not a ghost town. They can't expect to have a middle school tournament if they are unable  to get enough rooms for everyone to has to drive a couple of hours.

Well I hope the call comes soon, I would really like to make arrangements.