Sign in to follow this  
ubtappin

Region 6 130

Which means one of those guys is taking 3rd.....someone is having a helluva matchup in the 1st round of state.....a Region runner-up has to wrestle Cooper, Palmer or Supe right out of the gate.

This is a perfect example of why I am in favor of a 32 man bracket at state.  A 16 man bracket means one of these studs doesn't make the trip to Frankfort. 

They all make it... 8 regions, top 4 from each region...that's a 32 man bracket.

Right-I am aware of that.......but there have been other threads mentioning the format of state.  Some in favor of moving to districts>regional>16 man bracket at state.  My point was only to illustrate the benefit of the 32 man bracket for those that favor the 16. 

Right-I am aware of that.......but there have been other threads mentioning the format of state.  Some in favor of moving to districts>regional>16 man bracket at state.  My point was only to illustrate the benefit of the 32 man bracket for those that favor the 16.

If you went to a 16 man bracket the would all still make it to state.  Top 4 from districts goes to region and top 4 from region go to state.

If you went to a 16 man bracket the would all still make it to state.  Top 4 from districts goes to region and top 4 from region go to state.

Good point.  I guess it would all come down to what other schools were in the region as to whether all four would make it.  Bunch of unknowns.

The same thing happened last year at 125.  Palmer, Schneider, and Supe.  1 2 3 in the region.  State tournament.  Palmer 2nd Schneider 4th and Supe 5th.

Yes, there used to be only 4 regions...back when being a state qualifier was an actual accomplishment.

This is correct, the region you're in now would be your district.  Then you'd be paired with another district to make you're region.  8 man bracket at Region, top 4 go to state.