Sign in to follow this  
Mike Frankrone

Region 2 Results!!!!!!!

I don't know all the individual results, but I'll post what I know.

75lbs-A.J. Binder, Fern Creek

103lbs-Justin Lampe, River City

110lbs-Tyler Frankrone, River City

117lbs-Matt Fahy, Trinity

96 lb Results

1st  :  J. Shirkey , East Oldham 

2nd :  H. Heidorf , RCW

3rd  :  J. Hall,  Moore

4th  :  N. Allgeier

Tough weight class,  congrats to all who made it through to state.  :-D now you boys need to go represent our regions with some big wins

Recap of what I remember

70 - Vega too much on his feet for Wise of East Oldham. Let him up and took him down easily.

75 - Bindner beat Barton as he usually does. On his feet. Looked like he got in every time he shot. Got the takedowns when he needed them and rode tough. Going to be tough to beat at state.

82 - Thompson and Emerson in their usual battle. Both kids go full speed start to finish. Forget the final score but every time I looked over one kid had the other kid on his back. A good battle with Thompson coming out on top. Thompson looked good on his feet.

89 - Elkins too strong for TenHarmsel. Tenharmsel was the more technical of the two but was no match for Elkins strength.

96 - Shirkey was on top of his game. Only gave up 2 points in the final match and won his closest match by 8 points. This was probably the most balanced weight class of the day. A lot of close matches and any of the 8 kids could have qualified for state.

103 - The biggest surprise of the day. Thought either kid could have won but Justin Lampe was on fire. Caught Kahl at the start of the second period - put him on his back for the pin. Another day could go another way. If they are on opposite ends of the bracket look for this to be the state final. If Lampe goes into state the way he was Saturday he will have another title.

110 - Best match of the finals. Frankrone over Rusch in overtime. Rusch looked a little off his game and Frankrone looked tremendous. Good things in this young mans future.

117 -Didn't see it but ended as expected with a Fahy win.

124 - Didn't see it

131 - Hennings pulled one out against Anderson kid. Both kids wrestled back and forth with Hennings coming out on top. Last week it was the Anderson kids day. 2 weeks from now who knows.

140 - Ball too much for the kid from Crosby. Crosby kids first year and put up a good match but Balls experience was too much. It the kid from Crosby keeps at it should have a bright future in the sport.

Didn't see the last 4 weight classes. Overall should have a lot of state placers from this region. All the kids wrestled well and showed a lot of heart.

Good luck guys for the whole region!!

Here's the ones I know from Anderson

75lbs

Joey Brooks 4th

110 lbs

Cody Dillow 3rd

117lbs

Worth Sparrow 4th

124 lbs

Chris Mcdaniel 1st

131 lbs

Nathan Cox 2nd