Sign in to follow this  
MatMama

Region 5 Duals

Eastern won, 5-0

JTown second, 4-1

That was with Eastern forfeiting 171 the entire time and forfeiting 140 after the first two duals.

JTown dual came down to the very last match -- whoever won it won overall. Exciting match that Joe Rupp of Eastern won by pin.

Rankings?  Why?

Well anyway this is how i see it:

103  Rusch NO over MCKenna SO

112 Taylor JT over Krieger FC

119- Kaelin OC over Lancaster EAS

125- Bisenius SO over Schyluer OC

130- Avera NO over Nyitrai EAS

135 Rusch NO over Shirey EAS

140 Thomson NO over Shapirov JT

145 HEndren KCD over Procter SO

152 Rupp EAS over Ayers OC

160 Hinkle NO over Boroff EAS

171 Warren SO over Hinkle NO

189 Durbin EAS over Green JT

215 McNeely EAS over The Fern Creek kid?

285 Brown SO over Whitlock EAS

Regional Champs                Runners Up              In the Finals

NO-5                                  1                            6

Eas- 3                                5                            8

SO- 3                                  2                            5

JT- 1                                  2                            3

KCD-1                                0                            1

OC-1                                  2                            3

REgion Champs

It's a toss up.  EAS, JT, NO, OC, SO all have a shot.  It won't be KCD or FC. 

thanx i think tht looks rele good and not jus because u have me as a champ. lol :roll:

It's a toss up.  Boroff is good and so are you, it'll be the most exicting match at regionals thats 4 sure

A few things from South. Our 215 Jerod Good pinned everyone except mcneeley at the duals, including fern creek. Proctor also beat hendren twice last year. So...

That's it though. Other than that it seems accurate.

A few things from South. Our 215 Jerod Good pinned everyone except mcneeley at the duals, including fern creek. Proctor also beat hendren twice last year. So...

yea but even tho proctor has been gettin better practicing with u every day hardy has gotten alot better b/c he practices wit jhon lampe everyday

I understand, but for me, i dont see Hendren losing to Procter.  Just don't.

And your 215 is as much junk as the rest of the 215's (besdies McNeely).  None of them look good at all.  It's who gets lucky and doesn't flop first that gets to lose to Mcneely.

I understand, but for me, i dont see Hendren losing to Procter.  Just don't.

And your 215 is as much junk as the rest of the 215's (besdies McNeely).  None of them look good at all.  It's who gets lucky and doesn't flop first that gets to lose to Mcneely.

First part is your take on it, so i'm totally cool with that.

2nd part, I totally agree with you, but, since they're all terrible, the only thing you have to go by is who beat who. So, I think just for rankings sake, he should go there until it's proven that any of the others could beat him, instead of choosing a random one and putting him up there. Our 215 will be seeded 2nd based on the matches at the duals, so he won't see mcneeley till the finals if he gets there, while the other people all have the risk of being on mcneeleys side.

First part is your take on it, so i'm totally cool with that.

2nd part, I totally agree with you, but, since they're all terrible, the only thing you have to go by is who beat who. So, I think just for rankings sake, he should go there until it's proven that any of the others could beat him, instead of choosing a random one and putting him up there. Our 215 will be seeded 2nd based on the matches at the duals, so he won't see mcneeley till the finals if he gets there, while the other people all have the risk of being on mcneeleys side.

True.  I think you all north see each other this weekend at Knox right?  I'll repost monday and see if anything changes over the weekend.

Honestly I think it breaks down like this:

- 9 matches that are locked up and 3 that arent

103- locked Rusch is heads above the rest, unless Mamedev makes 103, he might get him

112- locked taylor is too physical

119-locked kaelin is heads above the rest

140- locked Shapirov will give thomson something to work with, but won't beat him

152- locked Rupp won't be beaten, but there's also not alot to challenge him

171- locked you won't get stopped

189 locked Durbin won't be beaten by any of these guys

215 locked this will be the most boring match of the night

285 locked followed up by the second most boring.  I saw the one at region duals, won't take that long another time around

Either Way:

125- this could go either way Schyler and Bisneius are both good

130- could go either way as well

135- this will be a good match, barnburner, both of these guys are quick

145- will be a good match, but Hendren has nothing to wrestle for but regions and state

160- i think this ends up being the best match of the night

True.  I think you all north see each other this weekend at Knox right?  I'll repost monday and see if anything changes over the weekend.

103- locked Rusch is heads above the rest, unless Mamedev makes 103, he might get him

112- locked taylor is too physical

119-locked kaelin is heads above the rest

140- locked Shapirov will give thomson something to work with, but won't beat him

152- locked Rupp won't be beaten, but there's also not alot to challenge him

171- locked you won't get stopped

189 locked Durbin won't be beaten by any of these guys

215 locked this will be the most boring match of the night

285 locked followed up by the second most boring.  I saw the one at region duals, won't take that long another time around

Either Way:

125- this could go either way Schyler and Bisneius are both good

130- could go either way as well

145- will be a good match, but Hendren has nothing to wrestle for but regions and state

160- i think this ends up being the best match of the night

Aw crap. You know who I am! haha, now i gotta figure out who you are...

he told me tht he jus got tired of makeing 45 so hes gonna stay at 52

This is true. Also, Rupp did have a major decision over Hendren at 152, but unfortunately word just came yesterday that Tom broke his jaw at the Dragon. He's done this year.

Also OCMVP, I'm fairly certain that  Easterns 103 teched Mitch Rusch at Region Duals but lost to everyone else. Unless that wasn't Rusch at 103 for NO. Do you happen to know if Rusch wrestled that dual or not?

I'm with you Pack.  Unnikrishnan is very, very tough.  IMO, at 125, Cleveland would be the guy to beat, unless he recently lost to SO, not to mention Scheler, who is also a tough match.  I might be overlooking someone, but I would suspect FC will compete in several weight classes.

I'm with you Pack.  Unnikrishnan is very, very tough.  IMO, at 125, Cleveland would be the guy to beat, unless he recently lost to SO, not to mention Scheler, who is also a tough match.  I might be overlooking someone, but I would suspect FC will compete in several weight classes.

Deshawn Barrow at 140, three losses this year I believe-  Shirey who's no slouch at 135, Thomson who's a beast at 140, and Chase Rusch by two...

But whatever...this is my last comment on this thread.  My work will take place in the wrestling room, and we'll all just see how things work out at Regionals.  Like I said, Good luck to all

This is true. Also, Rupp did have a major decision over Hendren at 152, but unfortunately word just came yesterday that Tom broke his jaw at the Dragon. He's done this year.

Also OCMVP, I'm fairly certain that  Easterns 103 teched Mitch Rusch at Region Duals but lost to everyone else. Unless that wasn't Rusch at 103 for NO. Do you happen to know if Rusch wrestled that dual or not?

Nope Mitch Rusch was wrestling middle school during the duals, that duals day was middle school districts.

Oh ok, I thought it looked like him but I guess I was mistaken.

Nope, wrestling MS.  Their 1-3 lber that day was a new freshman.

Incidentally that totally sucks about rupp's jaw.

This one (135) for me will be the best if it works out this way.  Looking around the region, now that Fizer has stepped back, I think somehow I'm the head coach that's been around the longest in region 5 (And I'm 29).

I've watched Shirey for the last couple of years and have nothing but good things to say about the kid, he's a heckuva fun wrestler to watch.  For our team's part, Chase is fun to watch as well, and having coached him since he was a wee 7th grader, I get pretty invested in seeing him do well.  If these two meet up in the finals, it'll be a good match IMHO.